New Render Farm Featuring 72 CPU Threads Part 2

Who's gonna cringe today? We are going to cringe today!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Thanks for the vid :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Mandatory

>CSGO

Thanks based Nick. Guess I'll watch this when I'm eating brekky this morning.

Wait a sec. Think I saw this on vessel. lol

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Does that mean we get Part 3 Tonight on vessel?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Anyone know what motherboard that is? (Not the Asus one)

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

I love it, thanks so much I was just looking on YouTube 45 minutes ago for part 2 because I was thinking it was going to be out by now. Can't wait for part 3 i'm so stoked. Favorite part was the cinebench run, holy mother of pearl that was amazing. Keep up the great videos, hopefully this new beast means you can make more of them for our viewing pleasure.

The system looks cool.  For the purpose it will be needed as stated in video. So question is will you add a liquid cool system?

LINUS USED VGA  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

DAMN, I think the monitor was the laggiest part of dat Cinebench test :)

Isn't there a 10Gb/s upgrade module available for that Z10-16, which is what those surface points are for where the ports should be, or is that just for quad gigabit?

Suprised that the Supermicro board couldn't understand dual GPUs. If trying SLI, sure, but more and more servers have been getting multiple GPUs shoehorned in for a while, not being able to cope with > 1 is quite funny, especially as I've run 5 GPUs on a 990FX board (was meant to be 6 but I couldn't get 6th to show up).

Anyway, enjoyable series, keep it up please :)

P.S Mad respect for JJ, although I doubt the BIOS guys appreciated having their work phones ring on the weekend ;)

I'm surprised you didn't DIY a BIOS and flashed it

Flash it? You mean ZIP tie on, right? :)

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

You should set a new Pi world record

http://www.numberworld.org/y-cruncher/

Current record

http://www.numberworld.org/misc_runs/pi-12t/

I don't think they've near 3 months to spare for something like that. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Loved the video. I think it is great when you guys do stuff like this which is a little bit out of the ordinary and is also really cool at the same time.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

What would the price of a rig like this be?

...I'm looking for an upgrade, Tetris only runs at 1 fps on my rig.

something

can you do a video answering question about this project?

things i would like answered is why not use nvidia tesla card setup or Intel® Xeon Phi?

what are the advantages and disavanages of your plan?

I don't think they've near 3 months to spare for something like that.

Prestige and they could be on the news like Fabrice Bellard if they give them a hint.

can you do a video answering question about this project?

things i would like answered is why not use nvidia tesla card setup or Intel® Xeon Phi?

what are the advantages and disavanages of your plan?

Based on what Linus said, I don't think that set up is final. Overall, the GPU is probably not going to play much of a part in what they're planning to use it for. Transcoding from cameras is a CPU-intensive job, hence the focus on cores/threads. The most important factor of his benchmarking was cinebench.

That said, I'd be very interested to see how this thing crunches through a rendering project in post-production. Linus, please, please post a video of transcode times with like, a 4K video once it's done!

The music is cool.

CPU: AMD FX 9590 @ 4.7 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 6GB MB: MSI 990FXA-GD80 RAM: 8GB Vengance x4 HDD: Seagate 1B / 8GB SATA3 64MB SSD x2 OD: Blu-ray Writer 16x SATA Black PSU InWin 1200W Modular 80Plus Bronze  Chassis: Strike-X One MATX Tower 

What software did they say they are going to be using?

I really couldn't understand that bit from the video...

Damn, I saw that on Vessel. I thought you post videos on YouTube after 7 days, not 14. Oh well.