Japanese OEM replace GTX TITAN X Heatsink for AIO Liquid Cooler with noctua fans

ahhming

120a.jpg

Japanese OEM gaming PC builder Sycom replace the reference NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X heat sink with a new all-in-one liquid cooling solution. Found on the company's G-Master Hydro series gaming desktops, these modified GTX TITAN X cards look reference, except a cut-out on its top, through which coolant tubes pass through.

The loop itself appears to be basic Asetek fare, with a round pump-block cooling the GPU, with its heat being dissipated by a 120 mm x 120 mm radiator. The memory and VRM is cooled by a base-plate that's ventilated by the NVTTM (NVIDIA time-to-market) reference cooler's main blower. Given that the GPU will run cool, we imagine that the blower will not be as noisy. NVIDIA restricts its add-in card partners from coming up with custom-design cards, but this mod appears to be by an OEM, and these cards won't be sold in the retail channel.

Source:

http://www.gdm.or.jp/pressrelease/2015/0330/109439

https://twitter.com/sycom_jp/status/581354837423460352/photo/1

http://www.techpowerup.com/211118/japanese-oem-tosses-out-gtx-titan-x-heatsink-for-aio-liquid-cooler.html

Wow, that looks pretty cool and kinda ghetto at the same time :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

sounds cool, altough the picture seems kinda fake, since it says titan instead of titan-x and they just photoshopped a liquid cooler in the original one.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Wow always joked about doing that and also keep thesexy cooler, now but some fittings on it and make it custom loopable ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

sounds cool, altough the picture seems kinda fake, since it says titan instead of titan-x and they just photoshopped a liquid cooler in the original one.

maxresdefault.jpgthe stock heatsink do not have the x

This is not fake. This OEM has done similar stuff with the 980s and other nvidia cards before, which I had posted before.....

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/222472-japanese-system-builder-sycom-announced-systems-with-modded-watercooling-reference-gtx-980/

IMO I really like this design, as with this mod you could have a big fan to cool the vrm and ram chips... and you don't need to pay extra for a physical bracket...

question is thou

if it breaks

is it covered under warranty?

since this kind of mods = voiding warranty

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

the stock heatsink do not have the x

whoops, my mistake, thought it had.

This is not fake. This OEM has done similar stuff with the 980s and other nvidia cards before, which I had posted before.....

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/222472-japanese-system-builder-sycom-announced-systems-with-modded-watercooling-reference-gtx-980/

IMO I really like this design, as with this mod you could have a big fan to cool the vrm and ram chips... and you don't need to pay extra for a physical bracket...

yeah it removes the factor of vram and things there, but it just looks so weird in my eyes.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

question is thou

if it breaks

is it covered under warranty?

since this kind of mods = voiding warranty

The Warranty is with the OEM.

That's like asking if buying the new Hybrid water cooled GTX 980 from EVGA, voids the warranty from EVGA. :P

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

First word when I saw the thing was poop.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Thats nice! Very nice work :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

but.. but... titan's aren't for gamers :x

That's almost all the Titan X is good for, since it's got horrific Double Precision performance.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

whoops, my mistake, thought it had.

yeah it removes the factor of vram and things there, but it just looks so weird in my eyes.

It looks better than 770's mod.... that's the worst looking one IMO...

you can see all the mods on nvidia's card here:

http://www.sycom.co.jp/parts_detail/pci_exp_hydro.htm

That's almost all the Titan X is good for, since it's got horrific Double Precision performance.

Yep, at least with the Titan and Titan Z they could pretend it was for content producers or a pro grade card that could just happen to play games well. At this point now they have given up all pretense and have made the most stupidly expensive gaming card they possibly could make. Which kinda sucks because its an odd placement in their lineup with the 980 coming in around 570(ish)USD, the performance clearly doesn't match the price so you're paying literally for the prestige of the card.

But then some people just dont care. I did have a buddy who got the Titan the day it came out, and played only WoW with it. Took several months of razzing him for it to get him to sell it for a 200 dollar loss and buy a 290x which saved him a crap ton of money.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Haha good ol Noctua brown/beige fans that barely match with anything. xP

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

anyways, whats up with nvidia not allowing costum coolers? that seems like "here is our most best good card for the most hardcore enthusiasts! dont fuck with it guys, its perfect as is!"

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Go to the Nvidia GeForce website, this is what you'll see for Titan X

geforce-gtx-titanx-3qtr.png
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

please read before you post^^ i was already corrected thanks to @snowComet

He corrected you about the AIO being photoshopped in, however you also said that the GTX Titan X looks fake since it has no X on the cooler.

Tell me please, where in this post does it say anything about that?

I did read before I replied, I realize there was a full page of people before me.

EDIT:My bad, @ahhming corrected you.

Didn't notice because I always scroll past posts with one line of text and an oversized image.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I did read before I replied, I realize there was a full page of people before me.

EDIT:My bad, @ahhming corrected you.

Didn't notice because I always scroll past posts with one line of text and an oversized image.

I saw @ahhming 's reply after I posted mine...

nvm, it is not a big problem....

my poor english.....

Why they have to use such piss poor fans? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

This is exactly what I wanted someone to do with the reference coolers. It would be nicer though if they just sold it without the fan to save the customer some money, as many people have specific fan preferences. At least its a noctua though.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi