Japanese system builder Sycom announced systems with modded watercooling reference GTX 980

VR-Zone Chinese reported, Japanese system builder サイコム(Sycom)announced yesterday that they will be selling systems built with reference design GTX 980.  But these are not normal reference GTX 980, these GTX 980s were modded, so that these cards were water-cooled with a AIO liquid cooler.

It seems they have kept the chassis and the blow fan of the reference cooler, but removed the heatsink, and cut a hole on the side of the cooler chassis , so that pipes and waterblock/pump can connect with the radiator. The AIO water cooler they used is Asetek's 550LC, a AIO liquild cooling system with a 120mm radiator, and you can choose ENERMAX UCTB12 or Noctua NF-F12 PWM as fans on the radiator.

G-Master_Hydro-GK3_1024x615.jpg

To be noted that this modded GTX 980 will only come with Sycom's custom built systems, and this mod is available to GTX 770, 780, 780TI, and Titan Black as well. The cheapest system with this modded gpu is the G-Master Hydro-GK3, priced at 163,680 yen, or  around $1 502. Of course you could upgraded the system with other pc components, or modded GPUs.

gmaster_hydro_mini-img_ph.jpg

G-Master Hydro-Mini2  with modded GTX 770, one of the pre-built systems from Sycom available with modded GPU

http://chinese.vr-zone.com/128991/custom-build-water-cooled-geforce-gtx-980-in-japan-09262014/ (in Chinese)

http://www.gdm.or.jp/pressrelease/2014/0925/86652 (in Japanese)

*update:

list of system from Sycom bundle with the modded GPU (all in Japanese)

I feel thats the most awkward place to put the tubing... but it was the only place too :/

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I feel thats the most awkward place to put the tubing... but it was the only place too :/

It works ok for placing the rad on the rear fan mount near the motherboard io, but if that's already taken by an H80i etc you'd be in trouble

It works ok for placing the rad on the rear fan mount near the motherboard io, but if that's already taken by an H80i etc you'd be in trouble

Thats what I'm worried about... it might looke a little wonkey and will take some time to get it nicely in place even there.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It would have been better if they routed the tubing differently, but this is still pretty cool. It would be nice if they sold a kit that allowed you to do this to your own GPU instead of just buying a Kraken g10 and an AIO.

why not make it a non-aio thing? Seriously. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

But... why... it already runs SUPER quiet and cool.

It now has TUBES COMING OUT OF IT! and it looks fancy! :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

congratulation 1000 post

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Isn't this like placing some exotic cooling on a commuter car? What's the point, these things are efficient as it is.

Cause they had to put noctua's on it somehow. Come on why did you think it was there?

I won if this is what corsair' s bracket will end up doing.

According to WCCFTECH

A Reference GTX 980 with a mod on the GPU heatsink to fit an ASETEK AIO Liquid Cooled solution was spotted. It still keeps the blower type fan for the VRMs.
Also it seems that the radiator has Noctua fans(?)

Source: http://wccftech.com/gtx-980-water-cooled-aio-bundle-spotted/

post-141313-0-54482000-1411986040.jpg

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

"I received a pretty interesting email from ASETEK today"

ok looks legit

pretty interesting  design

i like it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

They are extremely cool to begin with, kinda overkill tbh.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Thanks for mentioning deleting now

EDIT: cant seem to delete.

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

"I received a pretty interesting email from ASETEK today"

ok looks legit

pretty interesting  design

i like it

Check that link I posted, it is legit.

If only they would swap out that brown Noctua for one of the Industrial Design ones, it would look a lot better....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Check that link I posted, it is legit.

If only they would swap out that brown Noctua for one of the Industrial Design ones, it would look a lot better....

yeah thats what i said

"its legit"

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It's not like Gigabyte is releasing a closed-loop 980, it's a japanese store that's modding them. According to the first post of this anyway.

It looks like a bad edit with an H80 turned down transparency inside the card. It could be real, but I can't see them doing something like this. It looks sloppy. Like when AMD did the 285x2 they didnt just take a reference R series card, and throw what looked to be a CPU cooler in it. Still dont know what to think of this

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Am I the only one who thinks this is a shit design? How is the blower supposed to get any airflow if theres a giant block in the way with hardly any room around it? Looks like either shit design, or photoshop. Also, the tubing doesnt cast any shadows on the noctua fans.

If it is legit, it's still pretty ugly. It really needs a custom bracket rather than just a modded reference cooler. Plus some of those sexy new industrial Noctua fans.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P