What Cherry MX Switch do you use, and what's your wpm?

Go to solution Solved by Chucksta,

Hey guys, so I'm currently having an average of about 70-80 wpm on a typical membrane keyboard. I'm planning to upgrade to a mechanical keyboard, either red or brown, for not only typing pleasure but to also hopefully increase my wpm. Out of curiosity and comparison, what Cherry Switch do you use and whats your wpm with it?

Just for the key switch, I suggest not to get a linear switch like reds or blacks if it is only for typing. Browns are good for both gamine and typing and blues and greens would be better for typing depending on the person and what they like. Yall gonna have to bottom out for sure wit reds or blacks which would make you type slower compared to something with a bump or click.

Hey guys, so I'm currently having an average of about 70-80 wpm on a typical membrane keyboard. I'm planning to upgrade to a mechanical keyboard, either red or brown, for not only typing pleasure but to also hopefully increase my wpm. Out of curiosity and comparison, what Cherry Switch do you use and whats your wpm with it?

my wpm is 60-70 and I use red/black MX

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

For "the typing experience" I hear Topre is worlds better.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

CherryMX Blue, and I type 60-75 WPM.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

62 WPM right now on Cherry MX Blues, if I'm hyper as shit I can get around 70.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

65-75 wpm using blues 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I use Cherry MX Browns.  My reflexes aren't their fastest right now, so I got 58 words per minute as my typing speed.

I use alps

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I prefer Cherry MX Blacks but stupid Corsair didn't make an RGB K95 with black switches so I had to settle for Reds  :angry:. On a good day my WPM is around 70.

110WPM right now, using Cherry MX Browns on a G710+. c:

I use Blues and I get about 60-65 WPM.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

Thread 213784021384092138470 about this subject,

I use greens and get around 70-80 WPM regularly. On a good day I've gotten 107 but that was no typos and on Typeracer on a paragraph I had typed many times before.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just for the key switch, I suggest not to get a linear switch like reds or blacks if it is only for typing. Browns are good for both gamine and typing and blues and greens would be better for typing depending on the person and what they like. Yall gonna have to bottom out for sure wit reds or blacks which would make you type slower compared to something with a bump or click.