Biggest misconception in technology?

SNIP

haha good luck to him :D

haha btw all "4k" TVs use that resolution, they are all actually UHD not 4k

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

To think that a bigger HDD made the computer faster :)

CPU: I7 4790K GPU: Manli GTX 980 Mobo: Asus Gryphon z97 RAM: kingston Hyper x fury 16GB 1866mhz PSU: EVGA supernova 750W G2 SSD: Samsung 840 evo 500GB HDD: WD Black 3TB Case: Parvum s2.0 Fans: Noiseblocker E-loop 800rpm Cooling: Custom water cooling

Oh god... oh..god.....OH GOD...THE HORROR. It saddens me that someone thinks a console can play on such high resolutions..

They don't understand the concept that the xbox can output a max of 1080p (720p/900p most of time lol)

haha good luck to him :D

haha btw all "4k" TVs use that resolution, they are all actually UHD not 4k

I love when people who think they know alot say "did you know that 4k is 3840 x 2160? Thats a lot of pixels" Because after they are done saying that, I completely crap on them and tell them that 4k is 4096 x 2160" Best feeling ever

Apple...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

Yeah, but manufactures still brand them as "4k"

That guy is not a mutual friend to me anymore.

My friend once said "I saw a TV that is UHD and 4k!" So I corrected him and told him "Those are both resolutions, you cant combine them." He then said "Well someone they combined them both" It was at this moment I learned, He is a retard.

Apple...

How can a single word be a misconception

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

My friend once said "I saw a TV that is UHD and 4k!" So I corrected him and told him "Those are both resolutions, you cant combine them." He then said "Well someone they combined them both" It was at this moment I learned, He is a retard.

Many people I know think that TV's can me LED and LCD AT THE SAME TIME, The TV has an LCD screen which is lit up by an LED backlight (Instead of old cathode).

Unless it's OLED, then the pixels them selves have their own individual backlight

How can a single word be a misconception

The entire company is a misconception. People think they create/design/offer great products. And some people believe iTunes is good...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

The entire company is a misconception. People think they create/design/offer great products. And some people believe iTunes is good...

I think they create make design and offer great products that I purchase with my hard earned money, and I like iTunes

Also I am not joking, I seriously think that

(Lets not turn this into an argument, as its not really what the thread is for)

I think they create make design and offer great products that I purchase with my hard earned money, and I like iTunes

Also I am not joking, I seriously think that

(Lets not turn this into an argument, as its not really what the thread is for)

Your opinion is your own and I respect it, you're wrong. But I respect it. Let's just agree to disagree and enjoy our own equipment 

Spoiler

Black/Red colour schemes are the best and every company should make any product including motherboards, cases, GPUs and peripherals with the same, unoriginal, over-used, gamer centralised Red and Black scheme. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

AMD > Intel.

Because AMD

Because reasons.

That was me for about five years.

I was a fool. Forgive me, father, for I have sinned. I have seen the light... APUs ARE NOT POWERFUL! I NOW KNOW THAT I MUST HAVE A REAL CPU AND A REAL GRAPHICS CARD!

8 core AMD is the same as 8 core intel , heard this gem a few months back

Details separate people.

Clock speed is comparable between different lineups of processors.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

THIS IS THE STORY THAT MAKES ME WANT TO LEAVE EARTH AND GO TO LIVE ON THE SUN:

I know this really sad story about a mutual friend that bought an xbox one, put a picture of it up on facebook, nothing wrong with that, then this idiot puts up a picture of a 4k TV (Not even true 4k lol he got 3840x2160) that he bought and says he will love playing BF4 in 4k (ON A F*CKING XBOX ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I would not shoot this man because I would waste a bullet.

True 4K is 16:10, true 16:9 4k is still that res.

True 4K is 16:10, true 16:9 4k is still that res.

Yeah, I'm just exaggerating the story even more

"There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't"

I put this on FB a few months back and so many people got confused. Of course they're confused but I love it! xD

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

FPS is just a number

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

intel makes gpu's

Intel Iris Pro iGPU / Intel HD4400 iGPU. 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

"There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't"

I love that. Almost no one gets it though. *sigh*