New evidence of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive match fixing

The Counter-Strike: Global Offensive professional scene has suffered another gutshot, as evidence has come to light appearing to corroborate claims that an August 2014 match between iBUYPOWER and NetcodeGuides.com was fixed. Text messages posted by Ashley “Blacklotus” Leboeuf, a former girlfriend of Torqued player Derek "dboorn" Boorn, indicate that the outcome was prearranged, and that alternate accounts were used to place bets on behalf of other team members.

The authenticity of the exchange was confirmed by The Daily Dot, which posted screen caps of the exchange as part of a detailed investigation into the affair. Boorn acknowledges in the messages that iBUYPOWER "really did throw the match," and that community member Duc "cud" Pham used alternate accounts to place bets on the outcome. Information provided by the betting site CS:GO Lounge, meanwhile, confirmed that Pham used "smurf accounts" to place nine maximum-value bets on the match, each of them earning him a return of nearly $1200.

Perhaps most incriminating, CS:GO pro player Shahzeb "ShahZam" Khan, who now plays with Cloud9, issued a statement acknowledging that he placed a bet on the match based on advance knowledge of the outcome. Leaked images of a chat between Khan and an anonymous third party prior to the match were the first indication of a fix, although prior to this he had refused to comment on their authenticity.

"The day of this match I had placed a bet on iBUYPOWER. I brought up the bet while talking to Casey Foster, he then voice-called me on Steam Friends and told me to change my bet. He made it very clear the match was going to be thrown," Khan said. "I didn't want to get involved with any of it but I changed my bet, as I thought would be logical at the time while also sharing this information with a friend whom I assumed to have bet the same."
The CS:GO Lounge said in a statement that it does not tolerate match fixing, and that "hopefully this will now bet he last of match-fixing drama that we have."

Seems like this is a Global issue now. 

IidvflbTJIY7.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Source : http://www.dailydot.com/esports/match-fixing-counter-strike-ibuypower-netcode-guides/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

That's terrible.. First fnatic or something and now them..

I think people are not gonna take them serious anymore

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Counter Strike: Global Offensive Matchfixing

Well did WE lose something? No. Another good day lived by. Is it just me, that idgaf when something like this happens?

Seems like this is a Global issue now. 

Ba dump tsssss

pun pun pun pun

OP: 2 years in and it is already messed up...

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Meh, it's inevitable in any game with better. Human nature it seems.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Meh, I don't really care about ESL sort of style comp. I love CSGO as it's hard, logical (apart from recoil, like really?) and is great fun with friends.

I'm glad I gave the game up, cheaters, trolls, griefers, and this just broke my heart.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I'm glad I gave the game up, cheaters, trolls, griefers, and this just broke my heart.

In-game I haven't really encountered much of any of these things. The worst I see are sore losers on my team bitching about how everyone is doing poorly when they're also doing poorly. I've actually never encountered a cheater even though I'm MGE now.

IMO the problem is the whole betting thing. Betting on matches is just such a bad idea. It encourages this kind of abuse, and is entirely unnecessary. It doesn't do anything positive for the game and only encourages bad stuff like this shit.

Sad honestly. Just sad.

You wouldn't be very sad or remorseful when you were making mad cash on it.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

PC master race amirite

Commerce/money ruining the world each and every single day.

Skins are also the reason why CSGO is so profitable and a great game. It generates much needed revenue to continue to improve the game.

Also, there have been many matches and since the fnatic boost which in my opinion shouldn't have been sever, this is the only one. Also, this was in a low tournament which prizes were around 5k so there are obvious incentives to throwing if you don't have a sponsor.

*Was so excited as I read it as "New matchmaking system"*

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Fuck betting on matches. Seriously. I hate the whole idea.

If you're smart, you can steal skins from other people and go from zero to hero. Really. I went from 20 cent to 20 dollars in a month.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Just like in real sports, who would have thought...

Yes and in real sports there lifetime suspensions. Are we going to see anything like tha here?

Yes and in real sports there lifetime suspensions. Are we going to see anything like tha here?

Nope. Because e-sports are only sports when its convenient for them to be "sports". Lifetime ban my balls. Valve should lifetime ban their bloody IPs, MACs and souls from Steam if they're serious about keeping the game clean, especially at this level. 

Nope. Because e-sports are only sports when its convenient for them to be "sports". Lifetime ban my balls. Valve should lifetime ban their bloody IPs, MACs and souls from Steam if they're serious about keeping the game clean, especially at this level. 

Both can be circumvented, unfortunately, so there goes that.  Some people also have Dynamic IPs, making that idea go down the drain faster.

[witty signature]

But thats exactly part of the problem with taking e-sports seriously.

I said it before and I'll say it again. There is fuckload more money in Dota 2 yet no one does this shit. What the fuck is wrong with CS:GO players?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.