Possible GeForce GTX 960 launch date and price revealed, maybe?

Tiber1337

Not bad for Gtx 770 performance...

doubt it's 256bit, the 970m is 192bit with the same amount of cores... 960 will probably be the same.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I like how every time an Nvidia GPU is rumored they always use that same GTX 760 looking reference cooler.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Lotta people waiting to buy a 960 once it comes out!

Hope it'll be better!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

GTX 770 4GB for $200-230? Yes pls.

I wonder what will happen to the old 770s themselves.

They're literally just Quadros now. 970m replaced them in the mobile market, 960 can replace these.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Even if it is 192 bit as long as its 3-4gb of vram and be $200-250 ill be all over it since i will only be playing at 1080p with 3 monitors which 2 of the 960s at that spec should drive them with ease at 55+ frames on ultra. Especially since my current plan is to purchase two gigabyte g1 970s for that setup but two gigabyte g1 960s overclocked should easily be able to equal each of the 970s non overclocked. Would essentially save me around $200-225 off the cost of purchasing 2 cards.

no way nvidia's going into the battlefield with that.... amd's so call bermuda xt are gonna beat it in gaming performance..... its going to be a repeat of how 280x beat the 760 offering lower price and better performance Jen-Hsun Huang its about time you get it straight...... 

iirc isn't Bermuda the gpu for 390/390x pretty sure it's not gonna be competeing with this and Fiji is supposed to be the 380/380x  I don't know what the 370/370x are gonna be which will be what competes with the 960 (only reason 280x competes with 760 now is pricedrops 280x used to be just below 770 in cost) probably a re branded chip from the 200 series so Hawaii (I hope not) or Tonga (preferably XT version) other possibility would be a cut down bermuda or fiji 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

my bad ... i meant fiji , i had an confusion with the names due to the various different rumor mills i was on , in my country the 280x was priced same as the 960 .... no one literally bought the 960 ... 

you mean 760 right? and yeah I know that feel in some countries Nvidia just raises their prices

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Yeah 760 my bad.... Nvidia's explation is that the taxes are high.... But the truth is nvidia wants to loot its customers and its kinda ironic since its asian testing and designing facility is located in my country...

That's ironic xD  

$199-229? I don't see many people buying it considering a 290 will likely obliterate it at about the same price.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

happy_dance.gif

I don't care, I finally got my 970 in the mail. Now if only thursday would get here so I could open it and install it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Obsolete junk, this won't deliver a passable experience in The Witcher 3, The Division, Star Citizen* or Dying Light at medium settings.

A used 760 is a better choice for anyone on a budget, can easily get one under $100.

*Once all the rendering techniques are in place, which they currently are far from being.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Its a awesome card be sure to post a oc database...

I am supposed to exchange my 970 with my gf for a 270x :/ Btw whoch version(sku) you got???

I got the Asus Strix version. I do not plan to OC. Can't afford to take the chance. Only running on a 1080p @60hz monitor so there really is no point. Although....I do plan on modding the EVER LOVING SHIT out of Skyrim.

The strix is perfect if you don't want to oc.... I got around 75fps on 1440p with fully moded skyrim....enjoy....

O.o

YUS! ALL TEH MODS WILL BE MEIN!

Obsolete junk, this won't deliver a passable experience in The Witcher 3, The Division, Star Citizen* or Dying Light at medium settings.

A used 760 is a better choice for anyone on a budget, can easily get one under $100.

*Once all the rendering techniques are in place, which they currently are far from being.

Did we forget Nvidia and AMD BOTH invested in delta color compression to eliminate a number of throughput bottlenecks? I guarantee you it'll do fine at 1080p high for most games.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This is hilarious that every week now we have completely different leaked specs on this card.

It's not "news" unless it's slightly different.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Not bad for Gtx 770 performance...

doubt it's 256bit, the 970m is 192bit with the same amount of cores... 960 will probably be the same.

my gigabyte 970 is 256. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I think you need to put some of your own input into your post instead of just posting the link.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

my gigabyte 970 is 256. 

970m

Computing enthusiast. 

Come on even lower AMD prices *crosses fingers*

With Hynix's HBM onboard? To expect anything less than a price hike at launch is crazy. Hynix doesn't sell cheap.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

970m

no look. scroll down to the memory bus on the specs. tab.   http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5209#sp 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

This would be a great replacement for my 480. I don't even care if it has that plastic reference cooler, since I actually kinda like it.

EDIT: And if it's faster than my 7950... Then this and my 480 can get to know each other.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)