What university do you attend, plan to attend, or have attended?

terrytek

So, what kind of university have you been to, where you plan to go, or where have you attended? I'm just curious that's all. I am only 14, sure, but I am already planning my path to college. My dream college would be UC Berkeley, once I graduate as Class of 2018. I'm surprised how loose they are on the admission requirements, just a 3.4 GPA. I barely fit with a 3.6. So, what university did you attend, plan to go, or have gone to?

If you go to uni in the US: Tell us the state and name of uni

If you go to uni in other parts of the world: Name of country, name of province, state, city, etc, and the name of uni.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I was in Full Sail University but I just transfered and am starting at Southern New Hampshire University January 5th. I am going for a bachelors in video game design and development with a minor in computer programming. Ill be honest your going to change your mind at least 20 times between now and the time your 18, you may think your set in what you want to do now but trust me it will change. Just take my advice try to have a definitive choice by the time your 17 and don't sway from it because your senior year you dont need to have the stress of that on your plate.

I would like to attend USC

(University of Southern California)

System: Thinkpad T460

Currently attending York University in Toronto Ontario .

Hey there from Ryerson Eng here :)

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Currently attending New England Institute of Technology in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. Gonna begin the bachelor's degree program in network engineering next month, can't wait.

Psychology Major. :)

Currently attending University of Wisconsin Green Bay.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Went to community college for 2 years and finishing up this year, then enlisting in the US Navy.  Actually just talked to a recruiter friday.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Coventry uk, aerospace systems engineering. I both love and hate math

I am currently attending Texas A&M University

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

IT Security #hacking/cracking degree

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Planning on doing Biomedical Engineering at RMIT (in Australia) next year.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Once I graduate with the class of 2017, I'm not sure what university I plan to attend, nor what I plan to attend it for. (So many different options, not sure which fits me best, but I'd love to have a job repairing computers in the future if that's any help for suggestions on what I should go into) (After this semester my GPA should go up to around a 3.1 or 3.2) (Location: USA, Michigan)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'm planning to go to UBC.

SFU and BCIT are my backups.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Once I graduate with the class of 2017, I'm not sure what university I plan to attend, nor what I plan to attend it for. (So many different options, not sure which fits me best, but I'd love to have a job repairing computers in the future if that's any help for suggestions on what I should go into) (After this semester my GPA should go up to around a 3.1 or 3.2) (Location: USA, Michigan)

Go in for computer programming that degree covers a pretty broad spectrum of computer related fields. Since if you build computers now you already have the hardware side of it covered so the computer programming degree would cover the software side of things so you can be well rounded and get a job doing computer repair or even building computers. Thats what most custom computer shops want from their pc techs is a bachelors or higher in computer programming for a job.

Go in for computer programming that degree covers a pretty broad spectrum of computer related fields.

Ehh, I'm not all that into programming, I can't remember any of the shit that I need to for programming...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Ehh, I'm not all that into programming, I can't remember any of the shit that I need to for programming...

You never know what might change between now and 2017 just do some research on it and maybe set down with someone that has that degree and see if it might be for you.

I would like to attend USC

(University of Southern California)

Sorry if I burst your bubble, but isnt it like impossible to get into?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Good thing nobody put Never Finished or College Dropout as an option. Wouldn't want that.

As a side note, please spell out the full name of the university. I'm sorry, but some of us don't understand those abbreviations if we're not from around there.

Currently at MCTC in Minneapolis getting a two year technical degree in filmmaking (either cinematography, directing, or editing, I haven't decided yet.) and I hope to then transfer to Columbia College Chicago to get a my 4 year filmmaking degree and maybe more schooling after that. I have a buddy who just got his masters in video editing from there and who knows, maybe I'll do that.

Edit: MCTC is Minneapolis Community and Technical College

You never know what might change between now and 2017 just do some research on it and maybe set down with someone that has that degree and see if it might be for you.

I've got an intro to web design or web design 1 class next semester with a teacher who I had this semester for computer networking and security (Got certified for both :P), and I'll also have him again next semester for computer hardware (gonna get A+ certified) so I guess I can find out how well I do with it with an actual teacher instead of trying to learn on my own.

(I'll probably get my A+ cert on the first few days of class as I scored nearly 100% on the practice exams that I took online for it xD, that means a whole semester of doing whatever I want, or working on more programming or such.)