What university do you attend, plan to attend, or have attended?

terrytek

I'm currently a sophomore at the University of California, Berkeley, and I'm an intended Cognitive Science major (fuck you CS 3.0 GPA cap)

message to OP @terrytek, UC Berkeley was my dream school too.  There are some things I do regret, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Currently in the UK.

Looking at trying to get into UCL, KCL, ICL, Exeter, Sheffield or Nottingham but I haven't decided on which one yet. (I've got time to think)

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

U o York (uk) doing electronic n computer engineering.

I'm going to Cal Poly SLO (CA, USA) as a second year Civil Engineering major. I applied to Berkeley with a 4.3 and they rejected me. Actually, so did UC Davis. I was accepted only to Cal Poly and UC Santa Cruz. With a 4. Point. Freaking. 3. I'm happy at Cal Poly though. Super chill and I'm right next to the ocean, so I can go surfing at a moments notice :D

Oh cool. I wanted to go there, but I was worried about how far it was from home. It was halfway between my house and LA to be honest.

I'm currently a sophomore at the University of California, Berkeley, and I'm an intended Cognitive Science major (fuck you CS 3.0 GPA cap)

message to OP @terrytek, UC Berkeley was my dream school too.  There are some things I do regret, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Oh, cool, somebody here who attends Berkeley. What's better, renting an apartment off campus or living in their dorms?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Currently In Med School, University of Palermo, Italy.

It's not going so well, I'm a bunch of years behind the normal schedule. Med school here is 6 years + 4-6 to specialize. Yay

The University of freedom and keeping money. :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

The University of freedom and keeping money. :P

So you don't want to go to school, get a good education, and make more money, just to save money? Cheapo.

jk same here.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I chose the Uni of earn and learn! (an apprenticeship)

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

So you don't want to go to school, get a good education, and make more money, just to save money? Cheapo.

jk same here.

Couldn't afford it if I wanted to, it's up to £9,000 a year here and I simply don't have the qualifications to get into any form of University. 

Plus, I have leads into jobs that I want already.  :lol:

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Couldn't afford it if I wanted to, it's up to £9,000 a year here and I simply don't have the qualifications to get into any form of University. 

Plus, I have leads into jobs that I want already.  :lol:

Not even financial aid? Or is it basically nonexistent in England?

Not even financial aid? Or is it basically nonexistent in England?

Oh, it exists. But without the grades, it's still not happening. 

Oh, it exists. But without the grades, it's still not happening. 

I thought you'd be a guy who gets good grades. But then again, I have a 3.4 GPA, barely into UC Berkeley.

I thought you'd be a guy who gets good grades. But then again, I have a 3.4 GPA, barely into UC Berkeley.

All through school, I was. Sixth Form, eeeeeh, things happened. 

North Dakota State University grad here. I have a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering.

Go Bison!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I've pretty much narrowed down what I want to do when I get older, such as an engineer (mainly in robotics, or automotive and aerospace), accountant, or a lawyer. I want to go to WPI, MIT, Harvard Law, or a college that specializes in accounting. However, I need to start trying a lot harder, such as not playing video games all the time, and not procrastinate on doing my homework. I also want to take algebra 2 online, so I can get into honors classes for mathematics.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

All through school, I was. Sixth Form, eeeeeh, things happened.

Well we're both in the same situation then. Good grades all the way through, then 6th form happened.

I plan on doing computer science/software engineering at one of the three liverpool universities (University of Liverpool, Liverpool Johm Moores university or Liverpool Hope university) but it all depends on how well I can salvage my A levels. It's quite a shock going from a straight A student to just scraping Cs. And an A in general studies, can't forget that.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Well we're both in the same situation then. Good grades all the way through, then 6th form happened.

I plan on doing computer science/software engineering at one of the three liverpool universities (University of Liverpool, Liverpool Johm Moores university or Liverpool Hope university) but it all depends on how well I can salvage my A levels. It's quite a shock going from a straight A student to just scraping Cs. And an A in general studies, can't forget that.

I left with 1 AS Level. That was a D in Media. 

I left with 1 AS Level. That was a D in Media.

I scraped Ds and Cs in mine, besides general studies, and was only allowed to carry on the year because the head of 6th form seems to think I've got potential.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I scraped Ds and Cs in mine, besides general studies, and was only allowed to carry on the year because the head of 6th form seems to think I've got potential.

I cant even remember if I did General Studies, or at least actually did the work. I seem to remember the odd form that I went to the teacher nattering about it. 

I cant even remember if I did General Studies, or at least actually did the work. I seem to remember the odd form that I went to the teacher nattering about it. 

I think I did an hours revision for it, then ranted the entire way through the paper about how I hate modern art. Admittedly, when we did the mocks I got full marks because I kind of did the same paper the night before as a little practice.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

I think I did an hours revision for it, then ranted the entire way through the paper about how I hate modern art. Admittedly, when we did the mocks I got full marks because I kind of did the same paper the night before as a little practice.

I don't think I did anything during college apart from my coursework. 

Oh, cool, somebody here who attends Berkeley. What's better, renting an apartment off campus or living in their dorms?

For your first year, definitely dorms, but after that it depends on alot of things since Berkeley doesn't guarantee housing for all four years.  A lot of people go to the dorms their first year, maybe hit it off with their roommates/floor-mates and proceed to rent an apartment together later.  This is the best option if you don't live in the Bay, but assuming by some of your replies you do.  I personally decided not to even live in Berkeley (I commute to and from), but if you don't have a car that's hard.

Is that unweighted?

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh