What university do you attend, plan to attend, or have attended?

terrytek

Got into computer systems at swinburne uni in melbourne next year :3 

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, as part of the program I transfer to UW Madison in 2 years. I am Majoring in Nuclear Engineering and in Physics. I am also a pre-med student. This program is awesome for anyone out there that is interested in engineering fields and I would recommend anyone trying to decide where to go to look into it.

-J.T.

3rd year at Bulacan State University taking up Electronics and Communications Engineering

Sorry if I burst your bubble, but isnt it like impossible to get into?

LOL

Pretty much, but you have to aim high. It's not even considered prestigious compared to the likes of UCLA and so on but it's crazy hard.

My sister goes to Johns Hopkins and she considers USC "bottom of the barrel".

It's craziness. 

System: Thinkpad T460

I have a bachelor of fine arts in sculpture from California State University, Long Beach

so, how have you used this after university?

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I've got an intro to web design or web design 1 class next semester with a teacher who I had this semester for computer networking and security (Got certified for both :P), and I'll also have him again next semester for computer hardware (gonna get A+ certified) so I guess I can find out how well I do with it with an actual teacher instead of trying to learn on my own.

(I'll probably get my A+ cert on the first few days of class as I scored nearly 100% on the practice exams that I took online for it xD, that means a whole semester of doing whatever I want, or working on more programming or such.)

Sounds like an idea. I will tell you this computer programming isnt as bad as you would think im currently in college for a bachelors in video game design and development with a minor in computer programming and none of them are as hard as people make them out to be.

I am looking into a few... I'm looking at Sheridan College in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. As well as St. Lawrence College in Kingston, Ontario and the last one is a maybe, but not sure if I am gonna consider it... It is Loyalist College in Belleville, Ontario.

Sounds like an idea. I will tell you this computer programming isnt as bad as you would think im currently in college for a bachelors in video game design and development with a minor in computer programming and none of them are as hard as people make them out to be.

I've dabbled a little bit in HTML, Java, JavaScript, CSS, Ruby, Python, and some Lua, none of which I could ever remember much of, though I do remember some of the Lua as I used it a lot before in computercraft (minecraft mod) for programming different things, though even then I was never all that advanced with it.

I can manage to understand what code is trying to do sometimes, though it depends on the language.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

so, how have you used this after university?

I have not used it at all but I only graduated a year+ ago but I think I want to go to grad school at somepoint to get a masters

Also no worse off then any of my friends with a degree either 2 history degrees one works at starbucks there works in shipping and receiving at a maching shop, 1 econ degree works in retail, 1 masters in psychology works at starbucks and my brother with an accounting degree worked at a grocery store for 4-5 years before getting a job that was related to his degree

I've dabbled a little bit in HTML, Java, JavaScript, CSS, Ruby, Python, and some Lua, none of which I could ever remember much of, though I do remember some of the Lua as I used it a lot before in computercraft (minecraft mod) for programming different things, though even then I was never all that advanced with it.

I can manage to understand what code is trying to do sometimes, though it depends on the language.

Your all set then because once you actually start doing it as a college class or job youll be doing it repetitively so it will all stick the only reason it isnt sticking for you now is because you learn it then dont use it. But when your using it everyday itll become second nature for you. 

Your all set then because once you actually start doing it as a college class or job youll be doing it repetitively so it will all stick the only reason it isnt sticking for you now is because you learn it then dont use it. But when your using it everyday itll become second nature for you. 

We will see how true that is next semester :P (Two more weeks of this semester after the new year, then 2nd semester starts the following monday)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

We will see how true that is next semester :P (Two more weeks of this semester after the new year, then 2nd semester starts the following monday)

Hopefully it works out for you because if you want to get a job building/working on computers you'll need a computer programming degree. I tried getting a job as a pc tech about 6 months ago at a place called startech and the owner laughed at me when i told him i didnt have that degree but am in college for it. He told me a bachelors in it along with a technical demonstration is required to get the job. I passed the demonstration with flying colors which is why i got the interview but got shot down fast after i couldnt produce the degree.

I want to go to Arkansas University, so I can be just like Fartrell Cluggins

C5eoLYW.jpg

please tell me someone is as addicted to Key and Peele as I am

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

4 years at Purdue University. started masters at Texas A&M for a year, and 2 years at Gnomon Institute of VFX in Hollywood (after a 6 month gig that forced me to leave A&M)

Attending a small college in Illinois called Southwestern Illinois College, yeah, it's community college, but it's been a great experience.

Can't afford to attend a top notch university at the current moment, I hope to transfer at some point.

I'm going to Cal Poly SLO (CA, USA) as a second year Civil Engineering major. I applied to Berkeley with a 4.3 and they rejected me. Actually, so did UC Davis. I was accepted only to Cal Poly and UC Santa Cruz. With a 4. Point. Freaking. 3. I'm happy at Cal Poly though. Super chill and I'm right next to the ocean, so I can go surfing at a moments notice :D

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Currently studying BSc Computer Networks (3rd Year) at Middlesex University London, UK

Yeww!! Token not-finisher! I went to University of Pittsburgh, double major in Film Studies and Anthropology. I walked at graduation, but as it turns out I was actually 3 credits short. I said fuck it and never looked back. I was over the education system and I really don't care about a piece of paper. I'm not regretting that I went at all; I made some great friendships and learned a lot, but at the same time, it wasn't worth the cost.

Currently studying Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Aberdeen, Scotland. 

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Currently studying Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Aberdeen, Scotland. 

University of Aberdeen? I went to Aberdeen for spring break my senior year of college. Ended up going to a day of law classes at Robert Gordon with my friend. Everyone said I sounded like I was from the OC.  :unsure:

University of Aberdeen? I went to Aberdeen for spring break my senior year of college. Ended up going to a day of law classes at Robert Gordon with my friend. Everyone said I sounded like I was from the OC.  :unsure:

Ah ok yeah. Yeah, Robert Gordon's is pretty close by. OC, haven't heard that abbreviation before (apart from overclocking :P), orange county? 

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Ah ok yeah. Yeah, Robert Gordon's is pretty close by. OC, haven't heard that abbreviation before (apart from overclocking :P), orange county? 

You may be too young to remember 'The OC?' It was basically the early 2000's version of 'Beverly Hills: 90210' or 'Gossip Girl'...dumb primetime drama that's basically a soap opera except for the time slot. It was one of the bigger American shows at the time, so naturally. an American accent = 'The OC.'

You may be too young to remember 'The OC?' It was basically the early 2000's version of 'Beverly Hills: 90210' or 'Gossip Girl'...dumb primetime drama that's basically a soap opera except for the time slot. It was one of the bigger American shows at the time, so naturally. an American accent = 'The OC.'

Huh, ok. Never heard of it yeah. I was pretty young when I lived in America so I probably wouldn't have heard of it unless it was popular in the UK too then I guess I just never ran into it.

I'm in the final stages of my undergrad at the university of Queensland , I chose it because it has high marks as a good university also a strong science field.

for my post grad I might still goto UQ but I am thinking on going to the UK to improve in the field I am studying

Its all about those volumetric clouds