This is a nice looking card and in some ways I think it's the better of the two releases. It's not as fast as the 980 but for the price the 970 is an amazing card. If I had a weaker GPU I think I'd be chomping at the bit to get one of the 900 series GPUs.

Hello can someone please tell me he dimensions of the graphics card in cm or mm please as I am starting a little project with this gpu and I am trying to draw out a plan.

It is 11" long so 28 centimeters or 279.4 millimeters. For future reference, you can use Google to convert numbers for you simply by searching "inches to mm" or whichever units of measurement you are trying to convert.

In every other benchmark set I've seen, the GTX 970 STRIX has destroyed the 780... They were overclocked as well... How did this turn out so badly?

Pricing would be fucked up aswell..

I can get a GTX 970 Strix for 350€ in Germany.

A GTX 780 costs only 290€.

And a GTX 780 Ti for 430€.

980 starts at 510€.

Why would I even remotely think about buying a GTX 970 if Luke's benchmarks are the actual representation of their performance.

I fell in love with the Strix design and 0db fans, but I can't decide between 700 and 900 series.

Linus need add the R9 285 and the GTX 760 to all this benchmarks  :blush:

Looks good, but its 582 $ here

Waiting for MSI & Gigabyte cards to come and prices to settle down a little bit

Finally got PS4 Pro

Those numbers seem oddly low. I wonder if the one 8 pin connector is causing a less aggressive overclock. From other benchmarks I would have thought that the 970 would be trading blows with a 780ti not the 780. I also suppose it's also important to remember that their 780ti is a super good overclocker.

Those numbers seem oddly low. 

It is very low.

I just lay out facts, as member of overclocking 970 forum group - "a unnamed forum somewhere on the net."

we found much higher stats in a lot of 970s.

MSI gaming g4 and  GIGABYTE  g1 gaming are the kings of  the overclocking 970 charts bar none.

we found 8000 memory is a given, not 7500 top you guys got with your card.

and high 1500 to low 1600 range is where majority of us overclock to.  not 1400s

Plz get one of above and review them to max overclock possible. 

We even think power limits by nvidia is main thing stopping us, sense we all seem to get limited by power controls from  the evil green light program targeting overclockers is  hitting us very Hard. 

Once we can mod our own bios, we think 1700+ is easily possible if not way more then that.

btw the 2 kings above  both have 6+8 pin power connectors. vs your low ball card

75W (slot) + 150W (8-pin) + 75W (6-pin) =    300W            vs the single 8 pin  total 225W from asus is gonna stop any insane overcloak.

It would be awesome if you guys had a way to calculate a score for price to performance for different cards and were able to show people which cards are the best for thier money rather than just showing raw performance and overclocking ability.

Is it worth to upgrade from my MSI GTX 670 Power Edition? I play at 1080p.

Those that claim that they're not showing off are drowning in denial!

The benchmarks seem really off it should be around vanilla Titan speed and with OC it should get up to at least 780Ti performance.

RTX2070OC 

So far, the card seems to be the top 3 non-reference cooler for the GTX 9xx series (along with Windforce and Twin Frozr). EVGA's ACX review by techpower up showed that it's somewhat a wee disappointing compared to the strix, although to be fair the MSRP of strix is $30-40 more than the ACX cooler.

This maxwell generation, is really awesome for smaller builds. No more being afraid of putting high end cards to a mini ITX build simply because there are not a lot of headroom

BTW, does anyone know the amp requirement of a GTX 970? I've been looking it up but can't find it anywhere except the 500W PSU requirement (which is awesome :D)

Anyone think this is weird what to highlight?

bKH2p.jpg

There's also a typo in the second bullet which is not very professional. Then again it says "Confidential" in the corner, so it might not have been proofread yet.

Those that claim that they're not showing off are drowning in denial!

Great video as always, but in the future would it be possible to show both the stock and overclocked benchmark results of the card you are reviewing (the rest of the cards in the comparison can stay ovewrclocked), that way we can see the performance gain from the overclock

In every other benchmark set I've seen, the GTX 970 STRIX has destroyed the 780... They were overclocked as well... How did this turn out so badly?

My guess would be because most other sites only overclock the card being focused on aka GTX970 while other cards like the GTX780 are usually left at stock whereas I believe LTT only show overclocked results so both the GTX970 and GTX780 would have been overclocked.

So Linus has a reference 970? I want

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Linus the stock layout for a 970 is what the strix card has if you look at the MSI ones there the same io but the gigabite one has the same io as the 980.

Too bad Nvidia didn't release the 970 with the reference cooler. 

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/14-09-18/95d.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Based off the results (excluding tessmark). The OC 970 performs at an average of 92% of OC 780's power. 

Why did 970 fail so hard on TessMark? http://i.imgur.com/JXRg5dQ.png

I'd like to see Gigabyte's 970 put to the OC test. It has 6+8 pin power and a cooler rated for 600w. (Not sure if it has 0RPM fan mode as MSI and ASUS do)

This is a nice looking card and in some ways I think it's the better of the two releases. It's not as fast as the 980 but for the price the 970 is an amazing card. If I had a weaker GPU I think I'd be chomping at the bit to get one of the 900 series GPUs.

It is 11" long so 28 centimeters or 279.4 millimeters. For future reference, you can use Google to convert numbers for you simply by searching "inches to mm" or whichever units of measurement you are trying to convert.

Thank you for your help and I will I just felt lazy today :)

While I still think the benchmarks are lacking in quality as usual for your GPU videos, I have to say I was really pleased with the rest of this video. good job. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

The benchmarks seem really off it should be around vanilla Titan speed and with OC it should get up to at least 780Ti performance.

JayzTwoCents's Gigabyte G1 970 performs more or less like a 780. Some review sites have their 970 beats the crap out of 780 Ti. I wonder if Linus and JayzTwoCents got bad cards or what. 

Looks like we finally have a 290 killer

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.