Apple is reportedly considering charging $400 for its wearable device

Bloodyvalley

the problem I have is only the pebble has a metal band. if I am paying over 200 I want a metal band.

I own a pebble steel and I like it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Anyone complaining about the price is a moron. These are rumors. You're all retarded. 

Looks just like a watch to me...

Which is what I like about it. The classic watch look is just nicer to me than watches like the original G Watch and such.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Very true.  A good watch easily costs $600-$700 and waaaaaaaaay more.

Define good watch. All a watch does is tell time. You can find a good $20 watch at Wal-Mart.

Which is what I like about it. The classic watch look is just nicer to me than watches like the original G Watch and such.

We'll wait and see what Apple comes up with, if they come up with anything. I agree that it looks pretty good, even compared to the Moto 360.

It's certainly going to be different...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Define good watch. All a watch does is tell time. You can find a good $20 watch at Wal-Mart.

I have a watch that's been around for 40 years, never broken, and only has needed the battery changed. A $20 watch can't do that.

I have a watch that's been around for 40 years, never broken, and only has needed the battery changed. A $20 watch can't do that.

Of course it can.

ITT: People think 400 on a watch is expensive. 

Oh god, the internet never fails to impress me. 400 is what we call "The entry to the playground" when it comes to any kind of watch, let alone a smart watch. Omega charges 4 grand on a Seamaster just because they can. Cause they have a name, decent materials and and largely because, and don't quote me on this, "Fuck poor people who can't afford our stuff"

Its a buyers market. IF, and I stress IF, Apple charges 400 for their watch; don't buy it. Ignore it. Let the market tell Apple what is good or bad. But if Apple has such a strong hype train, such a loyal following and is able to market their products better than anyone else, you're getting mad at them for playing the game how it should be played and making more money as a business? Really? 

Well, I suspect if more of you weren't 12 years old, you'd have some perspective on the real world and how the market deals with these things. 

Don't get upset that Apple tapped into the winning formula for printing cash, its getting pretty tiresome to hear the same "Apple sucks, apple should die, its buyers are morons" diatribes. 

Of course it can.

No it can't. He is absolutely right about good watches.

Honestly I'm pretty okay with the $400 price. I won't get one, but it makes perfect sense, given the watch market.

I heard they would have multiple models with the most expensive being 400$. Besides 400$ for a watch isnt even that much.

$400 for a watch isn't much if it's a good watch, like Citizen Eco drive, or Seiko, etc. I'd rather not have to charge my watch every 1-few days.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

$400 for a watch isn't much if it's a good watch, like Citizen Eco drive, or Seiko, etc. I'd rather not have to charge my watch every 1-few days.

Well then it seems a smartwatch isnt going to be what you want for the foreseeable future. Dont expect battery life to get any better. Also you charge your phone every night how is a watch that much harder

Well then it seems a smartwatch isnt going to be what you want for the foreseeable future. Dont expect battery life to get any better. Also you charge your phone every night how is a watch that much harder

Unlike most people, I don't rely on my phone for time. 

As for how it's "any different", having a smartwatch and a phone requires two devices that needs to be charged every night as opposed to one. 

I already know a smartwatch will never be for me. Having used a Citizen watch for 7 years (before I lost it 2 years ago in an accident), which I subsequently replaced with another, nothing else will ever come close. My dad's watch, which was bought at the same time as mine, has been going strong for 10 years now. Before that, he had a Seiko watch which lasted 25 years before it needed a battery change (he used it for 20, I used it for 5). 

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Anyone complaining about the price is a moron. These are rumors. You're all retarded. 

oh the irony

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Also you charge your phone every night how is a watch that much harder

As a wearable, I'd tend to be wearing it. Which makes charging hugely annoying.

$400 isn't expensive for a watch.

bitch my pc cost as much as that watch 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

As a wearable, I'd tend to be wearing it. Which makes charging hugely annoying.

Yea but you dont wear a 400$ watch to bed and you charge your phone every night.

Yea but you dont wear a 400$ watch to bed and you charge your phone every night.

I wear my watch to bed and it's worth a lot more than $400. Plus its water resistant so I rarely take it off, even when showering. That to me is the biggest obstacle of smart watches - once one is made that never has to be charged and can be worn anywhere (it rains outside!) I'll be on board. I would trust Apple more than anyone to bring consumer-friendly wearable technology to market, but I think it's a while off before something comes along that can truly replace a good watch, and I doubt Apple will make the style I like in a watch.

I also don't charge my phone every night, though that's a moot point. I have to take my phone out of my pocket and put it beside me regardless of whether I'm charging it or not. I don't have to take my watch off though, and would rather avoid it.

My ideal smartwatch would just be a normal mechanical watch with the transparent glass covering being able to be switch to an opaque screen. I would be super on board with that.

lmfao, $400 for a watch.

no thanks Apple

Hey dummy, some watches cost a million dollars. Stop making threads just to stroke your critical ego.

You don't wear a $400 watch to bed and you don't ever have to charge it. 

lmfao, $400 for a watch.

no thanks Apple

I have just a normal watch that cost more than $400, its hardly a ridiculous amount

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You don't wear a $400 watch to bed and you don't ever have to charge it. 

Yea but if you take off your watch when you go to bed and you plug in your phone how hard it is to place your watch on a wireless charging dock or plug and extra cable in

Yea but if you take off your watch when you go to bed and you plug in your phone how hard it is to place your watch on a wireless charging dock or plug and extra cable in

Not hard, just inconvenient. 

My ideal smartwatch would just be a normal mechanical watch with the transparent glass covering being able to be switch to an opaque screen. I would be super on board with that.

I was thinking this too, a normal watch with mechanical hands, with a thin screen behind it for a display, and even if the smartwath goes flat, the actual watch part keeps working

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii