Surface Pro 3 Review

yaay finally :D lets see if i need it

Edit: I dont :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

ooo neato

the price thou

Tagline for the new surface is 'A Tablet To Replace Your Laptop' but the price make me think otherwise

my friend has the first gen version and he wasn't impressed because of the Windows RT

I need a proper keyboard but the keyboard is not truly typist friendly

If I type too fast some keys will not register.

I do like the resolution but 12 inch is still too small for my poor eyes 13.3 or 14 inch is still OK for me

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Good product for convenience other than that I would rather stick with the more main stream tablets. 

Thanks for the review, was debating whether I needed this as well. I'll stick with my smartphone / Desktop combo.

That was pretty brutal. Soured me on the concept. I'll stick with the iPad I think - I'm more of a tablet user and need the laptop functionality the 2% of the time.

Nice lambo. :P

The thing that IMO makes the surface a bad tablet experience (I used a surface pro 2 for a few weeks and sold it) is windows, windows 8.1 modern UI is so bad that I found myself using the desktop mode when using it as a tablet. I find android a much better tablet experience than anything else on the market and even though I really liked the ability to use desktop applications, it didn't win me over..

I agree with Linus, when I need to get things done, I would get my laptop. When I'm just casually browsing the web I would get my real tablet that weights half as much as this or my phone..

awwww you dawg

you've been busy off camera as well

congrats Linus!

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Good review, but I'm still left a little unsure If I want it.

I see your problems, but like you said maybe you weren't the target audience?

I looked and saw "Sweet, I can write up notes in lectures digitally". I guess the thing I was most excited about was the Pen and the associated improvements like reduced parallax. 

Typing up some notes is fine, but I kinda need pen and paper or some form of different input for any calculations/equations/drawings. 

For me, my use case of the Surface seems to be mainly stylus based input, with occasional typing for some smaller things.

I'm just going to need to find somewhere in the UK that actually has this thing on display and get a decent look/play with it.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

So if i get this right this tablet/pc is meant to replace the macbook air and tablets at the same time?

well if this thing is as heavy as linus said, then there might be a problem since the macbook air feels around the same weight of a ipad 2.

anyway, good video linus and congratulations on your next kid, already got names?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

So if i get this right this tablet/pc is meant to replace the macbook air and tablets at the same time?

well if this thing is as heavy as linus said, then there might be a problem since the macbook air feels around the same weight of a ipad 2.

anyway, good video linus and congratulations on your next kid, already got names?

there should be a strawpoll for the name!

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

SO. if this product can't be recommended, I'd love to know which laptop/tablet/whatever to get, I'm just about to really need something with ssd and touchscreen that's light, easy to pack and take along, due to getting a 4:th office, and NOT wanting to install yet another workstation .. No need for it in the 4:th office..

(WHy'd you have 4 offices man? .. I've offices in 4 different cities, along with apartments, just so I can go whereever whenever)

I liked the review a lot, but yes I have to agree that you probably weren't a part of the intended audience at all. A lot of the things that you complained about didn't seem too much of a big deal besides scaling. You said that the fabric holding onto the pen was a ridiculous idea, but is it really? I think you should have demonstrated how easy it was to dislodge the pen holder from the type cover, or demonstrated how easy the pen could fall out.

There are probably a lot of things that Microsoft can fix on the software side to make the experience better. Like being able to take screenshots with a button on the screen, or holding the Windows button + lockscreen like Windows Phone.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I think Microsoft probably realised that they would have some serious competition if they went up against the convertible style tablet/ultrabooks with people like Dell and Lenovo, the majority of people would probably be better off going for the convertible style, but there are some people out there that I think that this ticks all the boxes for...

...It's a bit of a niche but definitely irreplaceable for some like people involved in automotive, media or medical professions, I'm sure there are more but those know for sure. I think the 'Pro' in the branding is meant literally and those people actually make up a significant part of the market.

Micro SD card slot though? WTF is that all about? I would actually prefer a second USB 3.0 port than a full sized SD so you could attach a portable drive and tether for example, I suppose that could be solved with a hub but its slightly messy especially for people needing to set up quickly in a small environment.  

I think Microsoft probably realised that they would have some serious competition if they went up against the convertible style tablet/ultrabooks with people like Dell and Lenovo, the majority of people would probably be better off going for the convertible style, but there are some people out there that I think that this ticks all the boxes for...

Ticks all the boxes for me!  It's definitely not as elegant as a 2-in-one/ultrabook and I find that there are situations, such as lying on the bed watching a movie that require some awkward adjustment to get it right.  All other active stylus tablets/hybrids out there have deal breaking issues for me or are just too expensive.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I've always hated the heavy pricing for decent tablets/laptops when compared to desktops, that's pretty much what keep me away from them :P

I'd buy the XPS 12 or maybe the XPS 13 if it had an extra USB port and/or a full size SD card reader.

The Surface is getting very close, but not close enough in my opinion to something I'd buy.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Oh god that was the best review I've seen in a long time.

Good to see you haven't lost it Linus. Ripped the surface apart xD.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Yaay Surface pro 3  :o I'm never going to buy that one :P