Newegg now accepts the Bitcoin

TopWargamer

Source: http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/14-3540/index.html

This is huge! First TigerDirect (for hardware sites) and now Newegg! To complete the circle, NCIX has to start supporting Bitcoin now, hah. Anyways, this is great! The Bitcoin is spreading to more sites, and not only that, but popular websites! I really want to see the Bitcoin grow even larger and become widespread. I know most of you will disagree with me, but I'm a believer.

;)

If you want to purchase something from Newegg using your Bitcoins, here's how.

9RWeV.jpg

Get shopping! http://www.newegg.com/

COMIC SANS

I wish bitcoin would just die already..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

That, along with all other crypto currencies... it's nothing short of poison... sigh.

Cheers,

Linus

I still can't comprehend people who will accept something that is even more volatile than stocks and gold. Unless acandemic have robust model for bitcoin I still think that bitcoin is a lunacy.

MLDphUJ.jpg

Bad for us whom got no bitcoins, but I am not hating on the ones whom do so good thing :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Just as it was starting to die out...why???

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I still can't comprehend people who will accept something that is even more volatile than stocks and gold. Unless acandemic have robust model for bitcoin I still think that bitcoin is a lunacy.

You make a deal with an exchanger, Newegg doesn't have to worry about the bitcoins, they trade it and make $ instanltly.

Sadly I continue to use newegg only for their price checking and product sorting engine and nothing more: their continued refusal to handle international shipping makes them pretty useless for a lot of us.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I guess thats great if you have a ton of bitcoins but I still don't see why they would do this as bitcoins are dying.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

Oh how I missed this forum's hostility towards Bitcoin. Fiat currency controlled by evil governments is so much better amiright?

This is actually really cool and useful for people that have an international billing address and want to buy from Newegg (like me).

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Sweet, this combined with the fact that it is now legal to use bitcoins in California for business pruposes will mean a more divrse economy, allowing for small to medium businesses to grow and develop more maturely. 

Don't be suprised if Amazon is next.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I'm wondering how long the Bitcoin train is going to keep going before it's completely derailed. 

To put things in perspective, fast food pizza is considerably more stable in value than these cryptocurrencies will ever be. Six months from now, a Little Ceaser's pizza will still be between 5-6 dollars depending on location and tax while Bitcoin might be several hundred dollars up or down in that same time frame. (shoot, even the idiots in DC that print money like its going out of style still have the US dollar be somewhat stable in value and that's with everything against it) That is unbelievably volatile it's absurd people still care about cryptocurrency at all anymore. I swear the only people still in it are the ones who were either greedy and was hoping for the already ridiculous skyrocketed value of over 1KUSD to go even higher before cashing out OR they were late to the party and wants BTC to spike back up to that high point again.   

I just bought a 120mm fan(from newegg) with bitcoin, I sent the coins, literally not even 2 seconds later the page automatically refreshed and purchase done. Pretty cool  :o

person below me is a scrub

was not even close to dying out yet? Where did you get that from?

person below me is a scrub

your stupidity amazes me

Oh, you're to kind...

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Wow, this forum anger/ignorance against Bitcoin is even worse than most places.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

Care to elaborate..

Care to elaborate..

Here:

Random anger:

That, along with all other crypto currencies... it's nothing short of poison... sigh.

Best example of ignorance :

You make a deal with an exchanger, Newegg doesn't have to worry about the bitcoins, they trade it and make $ instanltly.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

this is great news for those who don't have enough money in the "working" world. Might dissapoint that this is being promoted by some/much larger people , but it is happening , we'll have to see where this is going.

Details separate people.

Saying "The Bitcoin" makes it sound like a disease or something Batman has on his belt.

Time for a reality check.

The concept is neat, in fact, I kinda support the idea, especially since the treasuries just print more money in the real world which devalues it. The insane levels of corruption are also motivators for things like this. BUT, I'm sorry you seem to lash out against anyone who is speaking with a bit of common sense. Until the cyrptocurrency community stops  spewing out crapcoins out at an alarming rate and stabilizes, people have good reason to dismiss it - even some countries flat out refuse to acknowledge it as currency. Bitcoin is the most serious of the coins with a very small handful of others that give a vibe of seriousness about them. Unfortunately, there are way too many crappy gimmick coins and the fact literally anyone can make a coin cheapens the entire concept by a lot. Then we have the glaring issue of instability since there is no general value of cryptocoins, Bitcoin included. it fluctuates in value too much just like the stock market. Until Bitcoin comes down to reality where it's not several hundred USD for a byte of data and has a steady value, the model of cryptocurrency as it stands currently is incredibly flawed and only the most dense refuse to open their eyes to see that.

It's not that I hate Bitcoin. 

It used to be easier to mine and cheaper to buy in the early days of Bitcoin. Now, it's so insanely hard to do that since they're worth more. It might be good for people who already have Bitcoins stored somewhere.

But not for most people. They're not going to go out and buy 6x 7970s or an ASIC board. There's no profit out of that. Add the cost of electricity to run these things, and you're better of buying the products you want with an official currency.

Bitcoin would have been a good thing to buy into when they were cheap and worth barely anything. But no-one knows what the future holds. No-one knew how big Bitcoin would get.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Bitcoins are amazing there untraceable i wish more places would let me use bitcoins!