Newegg now accepts the Bitcoin

TopWargamer

Time for a reality check.

The concept is neat, in fact, I kinda support the idea, especially since the treasuries just print more money in the real world which devalues it. The insane levels of corruption are also motivators for things like this. BUT, I'm sorry you seem to lash out against anyone who is speaking with a bit of common sense. Until the cyrptocurrency community stops  spewing out crapcoins out at an alarming rate and stabilizes, people have good reason to dismiss it - even some countries flat out refuse to acknowledge it as currency. Bitcoin is the most serious of the coins with a very small handful of others that give a vibe of seriousness about them. Unfortunately, there are way too many crappy gimmick coins and the fact literally anyone can make a coin cheapens the entire concept by a lot. Then we have the glaring issue of instability since there is no general value of cryptocoins, Bitcoin included. it fluctuates in value too much just like the stock market. Until Bitcoin comes down to reality where it's not several hundred USD for a byte of data and has a steady value, the model of cryptocurrency as it stands currently is incredibly flawed and only the most dense refuse to open their eyes to see that.

So you agree that the Bitcoin protocoll has its merits but you're dismissing it due to a bunch of copycats making joke coins (BTW : i could print joke-dollar bills if i wanted too, and i think just as many people would accept those as the would accept my joke-coins) and instablillity. While i agree that you shouldn't put your life savings in it. It's no reason to just dismiss the whole concept all toghether.

Bitcoins are amazing there untraceable i wish more places would let me use bitcoins!

30144862.jpg

Thats a myth, the blockchain registers every transaction and is saved for as long as, the Bitcoin client is installed on someone's computer.

You can look at the newest transactions here: http://blockchain.info

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..