Cheapest way to host teamspeak?

Hey, guys, so I want to host my own Teamspeak for the most cheapie way I can I only need about 25 slots, and I want it to have the ability to be a high enough bitrate it doesn't sound bad. I'm fine with uploading server files if I have to if it's cheaper, just whatever costs the least. preferably under $3 a month. I saw some tutorials on this, but they are years old and I don't know if I can trust them because of the recent policy change with Teamspeak. Thanks for any help guys!

Just get something like this then

https://promos.systemongrid.com/cheap-vps/?campaign=1180190627&adgroup=58690531098&ad=301381868295&term=cheap vps 1%24&gclid=CjwKCAiArK_fBRABEiwA0gOOczRB5igt_S817XbshIOk0mK5RHPZ0yz9vaAT2tMAhHE165HBTjxBqRoCUo4QAvD_BwE

You just need a cheap VPS to run the server. It doesn't require much of anything, you will just need to google how to install it on linux if you aren't familiar with it.

Also check these out- http://www.cheapvpslist.com/

Another add. I would look at using something like Debian 9 XFCE  as your OS. It is super lightweight.

3 minutes ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:
7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Why not use discord for free?

I just prefer teamspeak

I agree with Slottr, discord is free, easier to use, and it looks better, you can create basically an unlimited amount of servers and there is no max capacity of people that can join, also linus said in one of his videos that the voice quality on discord is much better than TS

Do you have at least a couple Mbps upload on your home internet connection and an old PC sitting around?

If so, you can install the server software on it, open the required ports on your router, and you're done. 

Some routers like Asus also give you a free dynamic DNS name to use.

I pay $2 a month but its only for a 10 slot server. 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

Why not use discord for free?

Because the guy who invented it has a habit of selling user data and its got a history of security lapses.

3 hours ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

Hey, guys, so I want to host my own Teamspeak for the most cheapie way I can I only need about 25 slots, and I want it to have the ability to be a high enough bitrate it doesn't sound bad. I'm fine with uploading server files if I have to if it's cheaper, just whatever costs the least. preferably under $3 a month. I saw some tutorials on this, but they are years old and I don't know if I can trust them because of the recent policy change with Teamspeak. Thanks for any help guys!

Multiplay is about as cheap as i can find. They have servers in most regions. I believe Typefrag is still around as well.

Idk why people are recommending shitty services like discord and skype when hes clearly asking for TS.

if you do not wanna use discord, use skype (i am sorry) but it is free as well.. that or use messenger.. or just join a rainbow six siege server together and use the game chat box 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Yeah, I'd use Discord too. It works without janky configuration and I highly doubt something like "Reaper in the back" is sellable info lmao

Just host it yourself on an old desktop or something, that's how I have it set up. Heck even a raspi might work.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Just now, sazrocks said:

raspi

i read that wrong

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

You can host free server from any PC connected to internet. If your ISP doesn't block ports required. Or if you want to pay someone for pre-made server, then there are many alternatives. I've rented servers in past from Gameservers.com and found their service to be good and reliable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv