And now I don't understand humans.....

Galion
Go to solution Solved by Galion,
7 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Maintaining mechanical watches can be very expensive though.

I'm 16 so mechanical watches are out of my league,

I made this pc corner in my uncle's hardware shop wasn't really to earn money, I did it so that ppl that lived near didn't have to travel 12 miles to get pc parts or carry their pc on a bus to get a idea if their pc was damaged. 

I'm starting to think I'm too young to run the corner, I just meant to educate my customers that money is hard to come by and they could save a few more dollars by going 2700X I never meant to be bias, after reading the boards maybe unconsciously I was I'm sorry if I did so unconsciously and I never meant to be. 

not everybody follows tech daily, and just one year and a half ago AMD's CPU's were something of a joke.

5 hours ago, Galion said:

teens

There is your answer right there.

Closed minded and clueless, life teaches us to be open minded and get a clue. Some get those life lessons early some do not. Life experiences, but hey its best to learn from other peoples mistakes. Perhaps the teens thought you were trying to sell them snake oil. Who knows what the teens were thinking. Just sell them what they want, you did your job in trying to inform them. Cash in and make your commission.

5 hours ago, Galion said:

I don't mean to bad mouth them but I'm just hoping Mr Linus could make a video explaining the pros and cons to the 3 processors and explain that with the z370 he had he didn't have to spend the extra cash on the z390 since both chips are compatible on the z370 and z390

Study CPU microarchitecture and implementation in silicon and you can just tell them yourself.

2 hours ago, Underi said:

I study ICT in college and every year we can order some parts VAT free (-24% from price) from one of the biggest computer part importers in Finland.

It's just a joke (for our class at least) that if you buy a ryzen you don't need a heater. Or that you're poor. I don't think those kids actually think that way.

I ordered myself the i5 8400 and a Z370 mobo. And yes, the board was a waste of money because obviously there will be a premium because it is a higher-end and overclockable board compared to other chipsets. Yet, I don't regret buying it. I don't regret choosing Intel over AMD. If the customers specifically want intel, you should just give them intel. That doesn't make them stupid. Let them buy their expensive processors and enjoy it. They clearly have the money to buy premium.

LOL 24% VAT ????

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

There is your answer right there.

Closed minded and clueless, life teaches us to be open minded and get a clue. Some get those life lessons early some do not. Life experiences, but hey its best to learn from other peoples mistakes. Perhaps the teens thought you were trying to sell them snake oil. Who knows what the teens were thinking. Just sell them what they want, you did your job in trying to inform them. Cash in and make your commission.

Right, because its young people who tend to be the ones set in their ways. Oh wait, that's diametrically opposed to reality.

You just described the vast majority of the brainwashed, mindless, NPC-like adults who become utterly clueless and incapable of critical or original thinking after they "grow up"(sell out).

And if these guys are playing games with their PCs, they made the correct choice as the 8700k does perform better in many games. The advice given to them would have been snake oil and they were smart to dismiss it as such.

While they might not have known the intricacies of CPU microarchitecture, they did probably make the correct choice. $70 is nothing in the context of spending a few thousand dollars on a PC. If they can afford it, and they arent trying to cut costs by buying the "almost as good AMD equivalent", they made a good purchase.

1 minute ago, jpenguin said:

Humans are illogical creatures, get used to it

Ryzen 2700 < 8700K for gaming so logic dictates that one should buy the better one, right? Ergo, the purchaser made the logical decision.

As a sale rep you should remain unbiased. The customer came in knowing exactly what they wanted, they explicitly asked you for it. And you instead offered them AMD? why? That's not what they asked for.

They had come in and asked for help deciding on a CPU, sure give them the pros and cons of each. They chose Intel over AMD for one reason or another, that's not for us to know, but to call them aliens or having taken mind altering drugs (stupid pills) to be the reason that they would choose Intel is so childish.

This would be a pointless video for Linus to make. All the information is already out there for people to draw their own conclusions as to what they should get both have their advantages and to some people the additional cost of the Intel CPUs don't matter. Linus is not the be all and end of all of tech information and purchasing decisions

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

logic

look some people just do not care

others are stupid

people buy what they buy, so what its no big deal

they will learn

Ryzen 2700 < 8700K for gaming so logic dictates that one should buy the better one, right? Ergo, the purchaser made the logical decision.

Logic dictates that if one wants the best gaming performance money can buy, get the chip that costs twice as much for a marginal difference that is barely perceivable. If one doesn't care about going above 120Hz, then logic dictates get the cheaper option that fulfills the task.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Humans are not hard to understand at all.

We are all apes after all - of the Homo Sapiens species. We have a frontal cortex, big brains and opposable thumbs.

The brain is a magnificent organ, it fills in the unknown. That is why people see ufo's and they see faces on mars/tree's/windows. The brain is easily fooled, advertisers know this too well as its a multi-trillion dollar industry. Less choice is better then more choices and the easier softer way, the lazy way is often taken.

So logic is out the window, unless you are Mr. Data from Star Trek. Ever wonder why people buy first production year vehicles, or buy vehicles that are clearly plastered over the internet that they are lemons or very poor reliability. Laziness!

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Humans are not hard to understand at all.

We are all apes after all - of the Homo Sapiens species. We have a frontal cortex, big brains and opposable thumbs.

The brain is a magnificent organ, it fills in the unknown. That is why people see ufo's and they see faces on mars/tree's/windows. The brain is easily fooled, advertisers know this too well as its a multi-trillion dollar industry. Less choice is better then more choices and the easier softer way, the lazy way is often taken.

So logic is out the window, unless you are Mr. Data from Star Trek. Ever wonder why people buy first production year vehicles, or buy vehicles that are clearly plastered over the internet that they are lemons or very poor reliability. Laziness!

Sometimes people see actual secret military aircraft or meteors and report them as UFOs, which is different than pareidolia, and other evolutionary heuristics that make people see patterns in randomness.

Some people just have preferences. I'd take Intel over AMD even if it costed more money, because I've had better experiences with Intel.

Until AMD fixes their memory issues (yes, I know the 2000 series is better, but until I can stick any memory in it and it works fine it's not fixed enough IMO) and they're basically par in games I'm not interested.

They're not idiots for wanting what they want. Not everyone looks at price to performance and chooses things that way. If that were the case, I'd own a $15 watch instead of a $1,200 one even though they both do the same thing.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Some people just have preferences. I'd take Intel over AMD even if it costed more money, because I've had better experiences with Intel.

Until AMD fixes their memory issues (yes, I know the 2000 series is better, but until I can stick any memory in it and it works fine it's not fixed enough IMO) and they're basically par in games I'm not interested.

They're not idiots for wanting what they want. Not everyone looks at price to performance and chooses things that way. If that were the case, I'd own a $15 watch instead of a $1,200 one even though they both do the same thing.

LOL my watch cost $8

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

They're not idiots for wanting what they want. Not everyone looks at price to performance and chooses things that way.

See Apple. Though they are much better about their pricing now than they were a few years ago.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Be glad your boss doesn't read this forum, because if I was, you'd be fired tomorrow morning.

Don't bad mouth customers in a public setting.

I disagree with the others on "give them what they ask for". It's a dumb idea from a business stand point. If AMD offers higher margins, push that. Sales is about sales and dollars. The customer is never right and customer service is really a farce to get you to buy more stuff.  A real salesman knows how to change a customers mind and make them think they made the decision to do it themselves. Customers always know what they want but rarely what they need, it's a balancing act between what a customer will spend and what they will purchase.

So, Good job on the idea of being a salesman instead of Amazon but wrong way to ask but ya killed it by giving the backstory the way you did. 

3 hours ago, Evanair said:

Be glad your boss doesn't read this forum, because if I was, you'd be fired tomorrow morning.

Don't bad mouth customers in a public setting.

I disagree with the others on "give them what they ask for". It's a dumb idea from a business stand point. If AMD offers higher margins, push that. Sales is about sales and dollars. The customer is never right and customer service is really a farce to get you to buy more stuff.  A real salesman knows how to change a customers mind and make them think they made the decision to do it themselves. Customers always know what they want but rarely what they need, it's a balancing act between what a customer will spend and what they will purchase.

So, Good job on the idea of being a salesman instead of Amazon but wrong way to ask but ya killed it by giving the backstory the way you did. 

Hmmm thank God I'm the boss then, but hard for me to put things into words since I'm 16 and not good at explaining. 

My uncle always say "customers come in knowing what they want but never what they need" so I try but most of the time I me teens go for the bling and spend extra then come back a week later with "excuse me, can I exchange the motherboard board for something more 'economical'" 

Then I have some open box boards I'll have to sell at lower price. Well no one wants to listen what can I do... 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

16 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

LOL 24% VAT ????

Welcome to Finland. ❤️

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

1 hour ago, Galion said:

thank God I'm the boss then

1 hour ago, Galion said:

I'm 16

Then the store owner is irresponsible 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

8 hours ago, Evanair said:

If "sales" is about quantity of sales and the amount of money you can make, then OP's in the wrong for wasting time trying to convince someone who's firm in what they want to buy a cheaper product. i.e., they're losing time to make more sales and even if they're successful in changing the person's mind, they'll get less money for it (though I guess this depends on how much of a margin Intel and AMD get)

I don't get the fuss.. I mean I've had both AMD and Intel, albeit in recent years its been Intel/Nvidia combo all the way.. I think it depends on how much money you have to splash and what you want from your build. I personally am not going the AMD route this time, but if I wait long enough and a good chip came I might buy that.. its a matter of what it offers me right now.

If I had to buy a budget or avg PC build, I actually might have gone for AMD.. In other words.. There is no right or wrong here or "dumb" buy.. since if you pull that arguement, why have a PC at all.. you can just go throw a rock to entertain yourself and that has no cost at all.

Perspective and respect for the choices people make are alot better.. I love the fact we have both Intel and AMD and Nvidia for that sake.. tbh we could have used a few more on the market, since the more competition the better..

4 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If "sales" is about quantity of sales and the amount of money you can make, then OP's in the wrong for wasting time trying to convince someone who's firm in what they want to buy a cheaper product. i.e., they're losing time to make more sales and even if they're successful in changing the person's mind, they'll get less money for it (though I guess this depends on how much of a margin Intel and AMD get)

Yeah, that's why I mentioned margins. Usually the margines on processors is extremely low. It's motherboards and accessories that have higher margines, usually high end stuff with even less. It's all about proffit margines, not totally sales. Thats why most laptops have between 1 and 2 percent margins and sales jobs is to attach as many accessories instead.

19 hours ago, Galion said:

LOL my watch cost $8

Haha, yeah I love mechanical watches. Their design, the fact I never need to change a battery, they last forever. Glorious.

17 hours ago, Arika S said:

See Apple. Though they are much better about their pricing now than they were a few years ago.

Aye. Their user experience and support is what brings a lot of people there, even if it's not always the best price to performance.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

Haha, yeah I love mechanical watches. Their design, the fact I never need to change a battery, they last forever. Glorious.

Aye. Their user experience and support is what brings a lot of people there, even if it's not always the best price to performance.

Just now, Amazonsucks said:

Yup. Same with anything remotely high end that's mechanical, really.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I'm 16 so mechanical watches are out of my league,

I made this pc corner in my uncle's hardware shop wasn't really to earn money, I did it so that ppl that lived near didn't have to travel 12 miles to get pc parts or carry their pc on a bus to get a idea if their pc was damaged. 

I'm starting to think I'm too young to run the corner, I just meant to educate my customers that money is hard to come by and they could save a few more dollars by going 2700X I never meant to be bias, after reading the boards maybe unconsciously I was I'm sorry if I did so unconsciously and I never meant to be. 

Best Value Build List