And now I don't understand humans.....

Galion
Go to solution Solved by Galion,
7 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Maintaining mechanical watches can be very expensive though.

I'm 16 so mechanical watches are out of my league,

I made this pc corner in my uncle's hardware shop wasn't really to earn money, I did it so that ppl that lived near didn't have to travel 12 miles to get pc parts or carry their pc on a bus to get a idea if their pc was damaged. 

I'm starting to think I'm too young to run the corner, I just meant to educate my customers that money is hard to come by and they could save a few more dollars by going 2700X I never meant to be bias, after reading the boards maybe unconsciously I was I'm sorry if I did so unconsciously and I never meant to be. 

Either I'm an alien or mankind has swallowed a stupid pill, yesterday evening 2 teens around my age came into the shop asking about cpus, I gave them the price and the specs of both Intel and Ryzen processors. 

Intel i7 8700K - $377.89

Ryzen 7 2700X - $297.89

Intel i9 9900K - $579.89 (waiting time 4weeks)

They talk among themselves and decide to :

Teen: I'll have the 8700k and and a msi z370 gaming plus please contact me when the 9900K is in stock and please reserve a asus tuf z390 Pro gaming

I tried to tell him to get the ryzen 2700x for better price to performance but no this is his reply. 

"Don't you know Intel has better chips then amd they run faster and cooler then amd, AMD is for budget builders who can't afford to to buy Intel *both boys laugh* if you have amd  you won't need a heater at home." 

And the fans of Intel have released the hounds, wow I know amd had some bad chips in the past but that was in the past, do ppl still see amd as heater chips still? 

Mr Linus mind making a video explaining that amd aren't heater chips anymore thanks

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

Teens are neither human or ailen. They are a completely different life form.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Stupid teens.

As I became an AMD fan this is insulting !

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Hardcore Intel fanboys will continue to be fanboys, no matter what you tell them.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

even as a user of both i feel insulted. I love intel, I love amd and I love Nvidia and I hope they make better and better chips. you shouldn't bother. and just to say, my amd 6410 runs 60 degrees at idle, and i'm fine with it. i don't think there is a supperior company. I think that you should compare two chips that are simular and what is the best cost/performence. it's nothing more then fanboying around. and upgrading a 8700k and a z370 gaming plus to a z390 with a 9900k is just stupid for the money (don't mind me, I just think it isn't worth it)

2 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Hardcore Intel fanboys will continue to be fanboys, no matter what you tell them.

I used to be a Intel fan too but I don't go bad mouthing other cpus

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Just dont even bother, sell them whatever they want. It is pointless to argue.

I mean it's problems like these that amd gets a bad rep, I understand amd ysed to have hot products but they tried to improve and change

4 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Teens are neither human or ailen. They are a completely different life form.

Hmmm insects? 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

14 minutes ago, Galion said:

Teen: I'll have the 8700k and and a msi z370 gaming plus please contact me when the 9900K is in stock and please reserve a asus tuf z390 Pro gaming

I tried to tell him to get the ryzen 2700x for better price to performance

But that was the teen's choice, it's their choice on what hardware they wanted.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

44 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

image.png.abd164c88b8e592768a9bce5bad09c61.pngnow this makes sense

That looks more like a reptile.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

If they're specifically meaning the R7 2700X, they're not wrong, it gets pretty toasty. But then on the Intel side as soon as you OC an 8600K or (I assume, never overclocked mine before I traded it away, but it hit 85C at stock on an H5 Universal) or 8700K they become space heaters as well. My 5GHz 8600K still hits 81C in stress tests on an NH-D15S and it's only a 6 core CPU.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I got b8ed. 

Also intel is better in many circumstances still. Mainly gaming. It’s not by much but who cares? If he wants intel why does it matter? They’re basically the same in the end anyway. 

26 minutes ago, fpo said:

I got b8ed. 

Also intel is better in many circumstances still. Mainly gaming. It’s not by much but who cares? If he wants intel why does it matter? They’re basically the same in the end anyway. 

Yea I know but isn't it.my job to let my customers know the best value for his money rather then letting him waste money. 

Best Value Build List

Unless a customer asks you for a recommendation, you give them what they want. Even if it's stupid. People generally don't like unsolicited advice.

(Unless of course said thing will cause grievous bodily harm to themselves or others)

so as a customer service representative you laid out the pros and cons of each depicted item, right?

addressed their needs and concerns to tailor the choices to what is necessary and making a correct choice is proper (wasn't described in the OP)?

oh and then run to the forums so you can pronounce that your customers are idiots for not listening to you.

i'm sure the shop owner really understands (family owned if i recall) your need to punish them and call them out.

To be fair I'd be mildly annoyed if I went to buy a CPU and the guy behind the counter wanted to push me the other stuff ?

I still remember the guy who sold me the 6950X who was surprised that I wanted it and was like "but you do realise that you have to buy expensive motherboard with that, right?". 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Just sell it to him. Unless the customer asks for a recommendation, it's usually futile to attempt to convince them on a better alternative choice. 

Some people already have their conceptions solidly made up even though it may not be right anymore. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

16 minutes ago, airdeano said:

so as a customer service representative you laid out the pros and cons of each depicted item, right?

addressed their needs and concerns to tailor the choices to what is necessary and making a correct choice is proper (wasn't described in the OP)?

oh and then run to the forums so you can pronounce that your customers are idiots for not listening to you.

i'm sure the shop owner really understands (family owned if i recall) your need to punish them and call them out.

I don't mean to bad mouth them but I'm just hoping Mr Linus could make a video explaining the pros and cons to the 3 processors and explain that with the z370 he had he didn't have to spend the extra cash on the z390 since both chips are compatible on the z370 and z390

Best Value Build List

13 minutes ago, Galion said:

I don't mean to bad mouth them but I'm just hoping Mr Linus could make a video explaining the pros and cons to the 3 processors and explain that with the z370 he had he didn't have to spend the extra cash on the z390 since both chips are compatible on the z370 and z390

Older motherboards typically require firmware updates to support the new CPU. I don't see this being the exception. So while technically the Z370 is compatible with 9th generation chips, you would likely need a compatible CPU to update the firmware first.

Also again, unless the customer asked you for recommendations or your opinion, you don't give it. At most, you give them the objective facts and let them decide for themselves what they want.

I think the bigger question you should have asked is if they are planning to try to return the 8700K and Z370 board for the 9900K and Z390.

Does your shop allow them to do that? I feel like that's what they are planning to do.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

As someone who had their eye on the 9900K back when it was announced (but has since decided against buying), I knew the price to performance would be garbage compared to AMD's CPUs but it was something I didn't mind because money is something I can continue to earn and recover over time, but a CPU's maximum potential performance remains constant.

While it's true a lot of people still have the misconception of AMD CPUs being "space heaters" and Intel being the "cool, high performer", straight up telling people the truth won't be enough to convince them, especially when it's coming from someone trying to sell them a product. Once a customer has their mind set on something, trying to convince them to buy something else is similar to saying "we don't have this product you want, but here's an alternative, that's just as good!" Sure the alternative may be as good as (or better) than what they were looking to buy, but the customer won't be fully satisfied especially when hundreds of dollars are being spent.

There's always going to be a lingering sense of regret on the customer's part when they walk out of the store with something the store clerk convinced them to buy rather than what they had planned on buying (especially if they had previous biases against the alternative), and any problems they encounter with the alternative product (the AMD CPU in this case) will probably harden their previous bias against all future products from that brand.

A little rambling maybe, but what I'm trying to say is that while it's cool to give informational tidbits to customers so that they can make an informed purchase, in the end it's the customer's responsibility to decide whether or not to follow the advice they're given. So don't feel like you failed if you couldn't convince them on the merits of an AMD CPU.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

I study ICT in college and every year we can order some parts VAT free (-24% from price) from one of the biggest computer part importers in Finland.

It's just a joke (for our class at least) that if you buy a ryzen you don't need a heater. Or that you're poor. I don't think those kids actually think that way.

I ordered myself the i5 8400 and a Z370 mobo. And yes, the board was a waste of money because obviously there will be a premium because it is a higher-end and overclockable board compared to other chipsets. Yet, I don't regret buying it. I don't regret choosing Intel over AMD. If the customers specifically want intel, you should just give them intel. That doesn't make them stupid. Let them buy their expensive processors and enjoy it. They clearly have the money to buy premium.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Eh, both manufacturers have their good chips and their bad ones. The Core 2 Duos and Quads and X58 chips were all great from Intel, while the Ryzen chips are incredible. On the other hand, the 7000 series from Intel is pretty much shit considering they effectively became obsolete in a few months after launch, while the FX chips were horrible.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈