Why are console users like this?

KieuVanQuan
Message added by WkdPaul

Please keep this thread clean and civil.

Now that I bought my first console, a PS3, I joined a society of morons, called console players. Let me explain why I feel this way but before I do, let me also add that there are exceptions of course: not all console players are bad and toxic, some are quite nice indeed. 

I got my PS3 a few days ago and I joined several 'Console' discord servers. Well, I started asking questions politely about PS3 because I'm new to consoles in general and what did I get? Nothing but a massive scolding. I was scolded. Instead of helping, they kept telling me to get a PS4: "why didn't you get a PS4 noob it's 2018, ps4 is much better and has exclusive content blablabla, why don't you get an Xbox it's better than PS, etc. You can imagine...

They also asked why I chose PS3 over anything else. Here's why: because, first off, the online features are free - no paid service is required to play online as opposed to PS4 where you need PSN+ that costs somewhere between 30 and 60 US dollars yearly. It varies based on sales or something. Not to mention I'm far from rich, I'm broke as hell. Second of all, the only game I'm planning to ever play on my PS3 is GTA V Singleplayer AND GTA Online, nothing else. Now a lot of people cringed when I said this - they asked why I'd choose a shittier version of GTA - because "next gen is much better, it has more content, fewer bugs, better graphics, not as many modders, etc". I totally understand, they tried to help me, they tried to get me a better deal, which I greatly appreciate. I told them that I had played GTA Online on PS3 before at my friend's apartment and I loved it better than next-gen - even  though I was killed and caged by modders, lmao. (I have also played GTA Online on PC for years. I know what next-gen is like). Yet they kept repeating themselves "why not get a PS4 to enjoy next-gen experience?". No, sorry, I don't want to enjoy the next-gen version, I don't need flying bikes (oppressor or whatever the hell it is called), I don't need offices with bunkers just to run errands across the map and get killed by angry 12 year olds on the way, I don't need dumb vehicles that don't fit GTA V's theme (for example that futuristic tank) at all. I don't want to grind all day and buy shark cards  for $70 just to be able to buy an office and a yacht. I just don't need that. In my opinion, Rockstar messed it up. Not in terms of business because I'm pretty sure they get still get positive profit out of it. I think they ruined the game's theme with these dumb updates. Maybe my arguments don't make sense because I only mentioned the downsides of next-gen GTA Online and I do know PS3 GTA Online has its downsides too...I still prefer that one to the next-gen.

To summarize, I don't like their attitude. Why do they give a sh*t whether I use PS3 or PS4, or ... Xbox? I mean it's cool they try to inform me about possibly better products, really cool but when they can't stop talking about it - it just gets frustrating. Like, I got it, you have a PS4, enjoy it then and no I won't get a PS4, leave me alone with that nonsense.

Sorry for this wall of text I just had to share this.

CPU i5-4460 @ 3.2 ghzMotherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7RAM 32gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhzGPU GTX-750 TICase Carbide 400R | SSD Plextor M8Pe(Y) 256gb NVME | SSHD Barracuda 1TB PSU CX430Display LG 29UM55-P Ultrawide | Keyboard Trust 3-way LEDMouse Razer Death Adder V2 Left Handed | Speakers Genius SW-HF 5.1 6000Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO | Sound Card Xonar Essence STXIIOS Windows 8.1 x64 Professional, build 9600 | Theme(s) Windows 7, Vista & Aero from DeviantArt

You know, there’s a term we use to call people like them.

Console peasants 

Totally different from console player, mind you 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Why are console users like this?

this has nothing to do with console users. There are plenty of pc elitists who will question your every choice when building a pc. This attitude exists anywhere people have opinions on the internet and aren't nice enough to stop shoving it down your throat. Truth be told your first mistake was discord servers. They are known for being a bit toxic at times. What kind of questions were you asking btw?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

^ What @Jtalk4456 said.

DcqsY3oWsAEgZlV.jpg

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

In their defence, buying a PS3 in 2018 is so much cringe.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

To be 100% honest with you, getting a PS3 now is a good idea, they are cheap, loads of fantastic games which have aged really well and well ... they are cheap (FREE PSN) 

It's like when the PS3 came out the PS2 was still selling by the truckload. 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

It's pretty simple.

1. A lot of people are bellends, in general.
  2. An even larger amount of people are bellends when they (believe that they) have anonymity. 
  3. Further still, more people are bellends when they feel like they have to legitimise their own choices about things and turn in to fanboys/girls.

My Opinion.

I realy dont understand why people even get mad about this oh console sucks oh pc sucks

And I have both. Why?

I love the pc and I have a very good one, but I like console as well (xbox), first there are games you cant play on pc like Halo (huge fan) and forza etc and the console is perfect for friends and family. Since I has a firefighter before I move to UK, I even had my Xbox One in the fire station to play together and pass the time when not on service. Whats the problem on that?

And I have my desktop on home to play other games.

I realy dont understand what do you mean when you stay about "society of morons, called console players". Grow up?
I find almost the same or even better the society of morons you called. And is not that I play just for fun on xbox.

My Opinion

Trokato Out

40 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

I mean you could own a console and a PC and do both and just be a gamer ?

yep just like me

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

54 minutes ago, KieuVanQuan said:

I told them that I had played GTA Online on PS3 before at my friend's apartment and I loved it better than next-gen - even  though I was killed and caged by modders, lmao. (I have also played GTA Online on PC for years. I know what next-gen is like).

Without the full context I suppose you could come off as a troll, prompting a nasty reaction. What were you asking and why didn't you just ask your friend? Claiming to prefer an experience that's in all technical respects inferior to one that's apparently also available to you (PC version) obviously leads to raised eyebrows. PS3 is 12 years old at this point, it's a retro platform. Find a proper retro community and I'm sure you'll have better luck chatting about it. Smaller groups can also be a safer bet.

Maybe because Discord is filled with immature kids who can't understand why you would buy a 10 year old console just to get an outdated version of a game.

it's not uncommon for me to have my reasonable gaming PC running an old game, if i'm having fun i really don't care. With mods you can also extend a lot the live of old games. You also have an insane library of old games at your fingertips.

I love PC gaming community for that and i guess it's lacking on consoles, more even on Playstation were there is no backwards compatibility. I guess that creates that mentality of only this year games are good. It's sad, gaming is about fun.

probably cause everyone in those servers are filthy console peasants who do not know anything of the PC master race, and they are too arrogant to try a PC because they were stupid and ended up buying a Core 2 Duo and tried running PUBG but it wouldn’t play

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1 minute ago, asus killer said:

it's not uncommon for me to have my reasonable gaming PC running an old game, if i'm having fun i really don't care. With mods you can also extend a lot the live of old games. You also have an insane library of old games at your fingertips.

I love PC gaming community for that and i guess it's lacking on consoles, more even on Playstation were there is no backwards compatibility. I guess that creates that mentality of only this year games are good. It's sad, gaming is about fun.

i want a PC and i am gonna play the ORIGINAL Doom, not the 2016 remake, i just love those older games much more..

I am sorry to say, but basically no one calls PS4/Xbox One "next gen" anymore. It's current gen.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

2 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i want a PC and i am gonna play the ORIGINAL Doom, not the 2016 remake, i just love those older games much more..

The first 6 months of my new gaming PC i spent them playing a 6 year old game, Skyrim ?

3 minutes ago, asus killer said:

The first 6 months of my new gaming PC i spent them playing a 6 year old game, Skyrim ?

LOLLLLLLL ??????????????????

On 10/11/2018 at 9:22 AM, Trokato said:

first there are games you cant play on pc like Halo (huge fan) and forza

• 2 weeks later...

Damn dude. I had a similar thing happen to me when I told all the PC fanboys in my discord that I was going back to Xbox One, there are shitheads everywhere it seems.

Cool. Now you know how it feels to be a console gamer who visits PC forums like this in order to read up on ways to solve problems with a PC or how to upgrade it.

In my experience "masterrace nerds" are a lot more hostile than any console gamers that I ever met in person or talked to on the internet.

Also, funny how my posts get deleted all the time all the while pro PC trolling seems to be more than welcome.

@Mods: screenshot taken. As usual.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.