RTX Reviews

Deus Voltage
22 hours ago, Velcade said:

5ba250dcdaaf8_RTXperformanceincrease2.png.d5b931330b0afe7a8921810b5e3782dd.png

credit to bitwit

He has updated his chart on Bitwit Ultra (I'm only posting because it's not on youtube but the information is important)聽to include Day 1 prices for ALL cards. Meaning all the 10 series and vega cards FPD went up, and the 20 series went down.....

image.png.82c06cba8a0474b281ba54fa8b0b4a34.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 fps gains in GTA V, the only game I play.

Hard pass.

16 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I wasent hyped but I'm still disappointed

I'm actually just disappointed in AMD at this point. Why are they having so much trouble coming up with a good high end card? When will they finally be competitive again?

From Nvidia, I was expecting this.

Just now, maartendc said:

I'm actually just disappointed in AMD at this point. Why are they having so much trouble coming up with a good high end card? When will they finally be competitive again?

From Nvidia, I was expecting this.

Vega 56/64 are pretty good high end cards but due to their risen cost, 1070 ti/1080 are a bit better options. On the other hand in the mid-end聽they are very competitive as rx 570/580 are better choices than 1050ti/1060.

4 hours ago, Settlerteo said:

Vega 56/64 are pretty good high end cards but due to their risen cost, 1070 ti/1080 are a bit better options. On the other hand in the mid-end聽they are very competitive as rx 570/580 are better choices than 1050ti/1060.

I don't know, Vega 56 was OK I believe trading blows with the 1070, at slightly higher price. But the Vega 64 was always below the 1080 (except for maybe a handful of games that favor AMD), at a higher price, and at more power consumption. Vega 64 was never a good buy sadly. Part of this was that the cards never actually seemed to sell for their $399 and $499 MSRP's. At MSRP, they would have been good value.

Then Nvidia released the 1070Ti, beating the Vega 56 at about the same price. It is as if Nvidia wanted to screw over AMD even more, by cornering the market for people looking for a card more expensive than the 1070 but less expensive than the 1080.

I really had high hopes for Vega, but at the prices they were sold, they just didn't stack up well against the 10 series from Nvidia.

On 19/09/2018 at 11:58 PM, Taf the Ghost said:

Unless you have a really expensive FreeSync display, get the 1080 Ti for that price.

Where I work, FreeSync goodies get as low as 129USD and GSync's lowest is 199USD... I've a FreeSync monitor, but yeah just letting you know the pricing.

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

@Tech Enthusiast

@pas008

This is interesting, if you're running Gsync+HDR then new in hardware HDR support found in Turing can give you an additional 12% performance increase over Pascal.

Thx for heads up聽knowledge

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

@Tech Enthusiast

@pas008

This is interesting, if you're running Gsync+HDR then new in hardware HDR support found in Turing can give you an additional 12% performance increase over Pascal.

Damn it! I did not want to see this getting mentioned around here,... you know how the haters behave.

They don't see that Turing improved something over Pascal, but that NVidia is trying to "fake" performance, by doing shady stuff to HDR. #HatersGonnaHate.

This has already been happening on German聽Forums sadly.

On a more serious note: Yay! More stuff that Turing聽improves on! DirectX12 performance is better, HDR Support does not drop frames (as much) anymore, fancy new features. It is like Christmas聽for us nerds!