RTX Reviews

Deus Voltage

So basically

If you have a Pascal GTX 1070 or above, don’t bother

If you want to upgrade, Pascal-based GTX 1070s and upper are better deals

If you have money to burn and probably already have a 144Hz 3840x2160 monitor, RTX 2080 Ti

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

"all the preorders have sold out so obviously people must have lots of money falling off their buts"

by Paul's Hardware

xDxDxD

on the money people, on the money. Not a single game or decent demo. Oh come on Nvidia

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Though I do have to laugh: we're talking about the next generation of products in the thread about the Launch Reviews.

21xx or 30xx parts, I'd tag, as May 2020. Just to through a date out there.

My co worker has been saying Spring 2020 for the next Nvidia launch

You should see his spreadsheets. He likes math :D 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Ouch, that bad of cost:performance ratio and all the graphs are using the lower msrp that no one is selling at. So stay away unless you're an early adopter it seems. 

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Just now, Daegun said:

all the graphs are using the lower msrp that no one is selling at.

Pauls isnt

image.png.06d8d3fd5cecaf146d4654582b5f3b08.png

image.png.7f0049e5073be13d2ec732b309b67a18.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

So has anyone seen Titan Xp performance versus the 2080 Ti?

I just need a little more reason to dislike Turing by closing that narrow performance gap even further. At least for right now, I don't like the idea of buying 'promise' and 'hope,' I prefer tangible improvements in price to performance.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Pauls isnt

image.png.06d8d3fd5cecaf146d4654582b5f3b08.png

image.png.7f0049e5073be13d2ec732b309b67a18.png

Damn, that's just painful

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Maybe it's just me, but on the LTT video, when they were showing the FFXV benchmark (around 11:00 mark), it looked like the DLSS rendering had a lot more issues with tearing and stuttering than the non-DLSS run...  Could just be due to the benchmark itself but it looked off...  Haven't had a chance to see if any of the other reviews have run that yet.

1 minute ago, WMGroomAK said:

Maybe it's just me, but on the LTT video, when they were showing the FFXV benchmark (around 11:00 mark), it looked like the DLSS rendering had a lot more issues with tearing and stuttering than the non-DLSS run...  Could just be due to the benchmark itself but it looked off...  Haven't had a chance to see if any of the other reviews have run that yet.

Wouldn't be surprised if adding DLSS support broke the benchmark even more. Its not exactly a great benchmak in the first place.

4 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

That Benchmark just has issues anyway, it's likely just early driver issues.

well its 20-40% faster in Raster rendering 2k/4k than 1080/1080ti so those who feel its worth it should buy it. RTX is just a different subject for now.

41 minutes ago, Suika said:

So has anyone seen Titan Xp performance versus the 2080 Ti?

I just need a little more reason to dislike Turing by closing that narrow performance gap even further. At least for right now, I don't like the idea of buying 'promise' and 'hope,' I prefer tangible improvements in price to performance.

just compare titan Xp with 1080ti and then 1080ti with 2080ti, you'll have your answer.

26 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

just watch GN's video on that

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

"leaving out RT and DLSS" and who's fucking fault is that?

Who put all their eggs on the new tech basket and rushed a release relying on the infamously and notoriously unreliable game devs?

Hint: They like the color green.

That's what really irritates me with the RTX series launch; they leave out the damn selling points of the card to rake in money, and for what?

I don't think people would've minded if they waited a little longer so those features worked; but nope, they threw them out the door and they look fucking pathetic for the price because its launch is half-baked.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

That's what really irritates me with the RTX series launch; they leave out the damn selling points of the card to rake in money, and for what?

I don't think people would've minded if they waited a little longer so those features worked; but nope, they threw them out the door and they look fucking pathetic for the price because its launch is half-baked.

see it this way you buy a RTX 2080ti but get a GTX2080ti until they came up with software, then 2080ti should have come down on pricing and then you will have a overpriced RTX 2080ti used.

It's all a matter of perspective xD

I'll hold onto my pre-order.  I have buddies who want my 1080ti and the 2080ti should be a nice boost at 3440x1440.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

3 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

I'll hold onto my pre-order.  I have buddies who want my 1080ti and the 2080ti should be a nice boost at 3440x1440.

If you can flip the 1080 Ti for a good price, it makes it the only viable upgrade for the next 18 months, at least.

2 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

I am considering it myself but didnt preorder im on 1080ti sli

35% and dlss later if dlss can work on surround resolutions

7 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

If you can flip the 1080 Ti for a good price, it makes it the only viable upgrade for the next 18 months, at least.

I'm not making a killing on my 1080ti, but it will go to a friend in need of the upgrade.

6 minutes ago, pas008 said:

I am considering it myself but didnt preorder im on 1080ti sli

35% and dlss later if dlss can work on surround resolutions

I pre-ordered to kind of hold my place in line.  35% increse is solid for me.  It will let the games I play ~70fps (yes with a 1080ti 3440x1440 there are a lot of them) to lock into a solid 100Hz.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

15 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

I'm not making a killing on my 1080ti, but it will go to a friend in need of the upgrade.

I pre-ordered to kind of hold my place in line.  35% increse is solid for me.  It will let the games I play ~70fps (yes with a 1080ti 3440x1440 there are a lot of them) to lock into a solid 100Hz.

Congrats! You actually have the viable use case for the 2080 Ti. :)

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Congrats! You actually have the viable use case for the 2080 Ti. :)

Haha...Thank!  One of few it appears.  

Just now, TahoeDust said:

Haha...Thank!  One of few it appears.  

Well, it's the only actual upgrade on sale, so it's only those in the high-end space at above 1080p resolution that can actually get a benefit from the card. So, that's the current Use Case. :) Did you get a reference or AIB? Some of the AIBs are a tad... beefy.

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

Well, it's the only actual upgrade on sale, so it's only those in the high-end space at above 1080p resolution that can actually get a benefit from the card. So, that's the current Use Case. :) Did you get a reference or AIB? Some of the AIBs are a tad... beefy.

I ordered a EVGA 2080ti FTW3.  She's thicc.

24 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

I ordered a EVGA 2080ti FTW3.  She's thicc.

I remember when 1.5 slot cards were "too big!". 3 slot cards getting far too common.