LTT at 2 Billion Views!!

GOTSpectrum

@LinusTech Concratulations on hitting 2 billion views on youtube! You must be so proud of this! 

Btw there is not really a way to quote anyone for this, I hope thats okay. 

image.png.8c99d4522f10d14ca07388c6b887930d.png

https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips/about

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, lewdicrous said:

I'm gonna need a link to your source, I don't believe it

https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips/about

here you go haha 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Btw there is not really a way to quote anyone for this, I hope thats okay. 

When in doubt, quote Wikipedia. :D

NCIX and Linus Tech Tips

Sebastian was working as category manager for the now defunct Canadian online computer store NCIX. He was asked by the company to be the host for its technology channel, which was created to help demonstrate products. Sebastian was assisted by an unidentified cameraman and editor, and worked with limited resources, shooting videos with a camera borrowed from the son of the company's president.[7] His first video was a demonstration for a Sunbeam processor heatsink.[8]

Due to high costs and low viewership during the early days of the channel, Sebastian was instructed to create the Linus Tech Tips channel as a cheaper offshoot of the NCIX channel, to allow for lower production values without impacting the NCIX brand. He described TigerDirect and Newegg as competitors.[7] It was created on November 24, 2008.[9]

Sebastian did not develop videos full-time at NCIX. During his time at the company, he worked as full-time sales representative, a high-end systems designer, a product manager, and a category manager.[10][11]

Linus Media Group

Sebastian founded Linus Media Group in January 2013 out of a garage, with Luke Lafreniere, Edzel Yago, and Brandon Lee.[10] The group developed the Linus Tech Tips channel as an independent venture. Sebastian also began working on Techquickie.

In September 2013, Sebastian was interviewed by Chris Pirillo. Sebastian discussed the future of his channel and answered questions that had been sent to Pirillo through social media.[12]

In a 2014 interview, Sebastian revealed he had sleepless nights under the pressure of figuring out how to support his family while also employing staff during the early days of his independent YouTube career, having had no startup capital to work with.[7]

In 2015, the company moved into a commercial office space for the first time, having previously worked out of a residential address in Surrey, British Columbia. The moving process was documented in a series of vlogs[13] that became one of the most acclaimed series of videos in the Linus Tech Tips channel history. Since then, Sebastian has infrequently created office vlogs following the move.

As of November 8, 2017, the Linus Tech Tips, Techquickie, and the Channel Super Fun channel are each home to 4013 videos, 498 videos, and 153 videos respectively, including product reviews and advice, build logs, vlogs, and original web series. Linus Tech Tips posts a video every day.

In May 2018, it was announced that Linus was aiming to purchase the NCIX Tech Tips YouTube channel, but was unable to do so. Instead, Linus Media Group decided to create a new channel, TechLinked, bringing along the former NCIX Tech Tips host, Riley Murdock.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Sebastian

Also great job for the whole team at LMG. Your recent work vacation was well earned. Here's to another 2 billion views.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

Hehe didn't even realize. That's awesome!

I've been watching it for the last few days so I could let you guys know. Hope you celebrate it well. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Hehe didn't even realize. That's awesome!

Someone at LMG noticed.

(Also, @Ben Quigley normally for things like this you can use Twitter as your news source if you wanted to include a link to that tweet in your original post as the source)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Someone at LMG noticed.

(Also, @Ben Quigley normally you can use Twitter as a news source if you wanted to include a link to that tweet in your original post as the source)

But... I dont have the twits...

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

It's nuts to think about when I first started watching Linus run his videos out of his garage to now. Great work guys! 

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

Someone at LMG noticed.

(Also, @Ben Quigley normally for things like this you can use Twitter as your news source if you wanted to include a link to that tweet in your original post as the source)

Heh it's usually @NickLMG with that kind of stuff.

9 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Heh it's usually @NickLMG with that kind of stuff.

He runs the linustech instagram page? It's not you running it?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

We have the biggest views, the best views. Tremendous. Believe me. 

:small hands emoji: 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

He runs the linustech instagram page? It's not you running it?

From what I remember, I think they talked about it briefly on the wan show where he explained that It used to be just Linus posting but the Instagram page has just morphed into a company thing?

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

9 minutes ago, kting15 said:

From what I remember, I think they talked about it briefly on the wan show where he explained that It used to be just Linus posting but the Instagram page has just morphed into a company thing?

Could be.

I can never watch the WAN Show, so I wouldn't know.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

t e c h n e w s

Spoiler

218.png_large

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

That's awesome! I'm a long time watcher member of the Linus Tech Tips community, been here since Linus was at NCIX before LinusTech!

Amazing the path we've gone through, you guys definitely deserve this!

Stay honest, stay funny, stay goofy and entertaining and awesome!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Congrats!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |