How hard is it to get a job without experience?

Zzzzz69

Hey guys. I've been arguing with my gf about our future, I already talked to her about my plan after graduating college, I'll work, get more experience on the job, and pay my parents my first salary. Then after that save enough money and get more and more experience and go to Australia and live with my own gf with our own house. But she refused to take this plan because she doesn't want me to be with anygirl that's around close to my age. It's f*ing stupid. She suggested that after graduating college, I'll go to Aussie and she's gonna pay for everything and live with her parents and work and pay her back. For me, the idea is just bad. She told me that in Aussie people are considerate and they allow you to easily get a job even with little to no experience at all. For me, it doesn't feel that comfortable specially working somewhere new. So I wonder if she speaks the truth or not. I mean, I also have my own life and she wants to stop my goals because she doesn't trust me. Like heck. Drop any opinion. RIP RELATIONSHIP.

Do you want to go to Australia? 

IMO I think some work experience would be nice, maybe a couple of months, so you can get on your feet, etc, etc.

But I am guessing you have never worked, or maybe a little. But going to a interview with no experience is what everyone does with their first job. So you would be doing that in Australia or in whatever country you live in right now.

An intern in Australia for a couple of months isn't bad either, and would help you down the road to getting higher paid jobs and higher paid positions.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

4 minutes ago, MrShinny said:

Do you want to go to Australia? 

IMO I think some work experience would be nice, maybe a couple of months, so you can get on your feet, etc, etc.

But I am guessing you have never worked, or maybe a little. But going to a interview with no experience is what everyone does with their first job. So you would be doing that in Australia or in whatever country you live in right now.

An intern in Australia for a couple of months isn't bad either, and would help you down the road to getting higher paid jobs and higher paid positions.

Urghh I'm from ph btw. But like if I get that much of an experience from ph and get a new job on Aussie and get a new interview, after that I'll easily do the job with the experience. Plus I'll have the money to spend on my own and not my gf spending for me. Its kinda embarrassing. Plus I'm just 15 and my parents are like 50+ already. As much as I can, I wanna repay them after graduating. I do wanna go to Aussie but I don't wanna go there unprepared. Anyways, thank you for the suggestion. Fak

4 minutes ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Urghh I'm from ph btw. But like if I get that much of an experience from ph and get a new job on Aussie and get a new interview, after that I'll easily do the job with the experience. Plus I'll have the money to spend on my own and not my gf spending for me. Its kinda embarrassing. Plus I'm just 15 and my parents are like 50+ already. As much as I can, I wanna repay them after graduating. I do wanna go to Aussie but I don't wanna go there unprepared. Anyways, thank you for the suggestion. Fak

Wait... College at 15? Where do you live again? (I'm dumb and ignorant so I don't know what ph means. sorry. I'm guessing Philippians )

Yeah, I mean it sucks that she can't trust you to not be there for like a few months, but I guess it's the way it is. Either way it's gonna work out the same. You will get your first job in Aussie or ph and then get experience for the next one.

Don't be embaressed, if she wants you to come, then let her pay for your stuff until you can get a job. You can also get a paid internship which is like a win-win situation. Because internships don't much experience, if any, and of course, you are getting paid.

Hope it works out for you! Best of luck!

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

On 7/19/2018 at 8:55 AM, Zzzzz69 said:

Hey guys. I've been arguing with my gf about our future, I already talked to her about my plan after graduating college, I'll work, get more experience on the job, and pay my parents my first salary. Then after that save enough money and get more and more experience and go to Australia and live with my own gf with our own house. But she refused to take this plan because she doesn't want me to be with anygirl that's around close to my age. It's f*ing stupid. She suggested that after graduating college, I'll go to Aussie and she's gonna pay for everything and live with her parents and work and pay her back. For me, the idea is just bad. She told me that in Aussie people are considerate and they allow you to easily get a job even with little to no experience at all. For me, it doesn't feel that comfortable specially working somewhere new. So I wonder if she speaks the truth or not. I mean, I also have my own life and she wants to stop my goals because she doesn't trust me. Like heck. Drop any opinion. RIP RELATIONSHIP.

Hey, don't be so mad with your GF. She's still young, she'll think differently in a few years. BTW, you're already 15. You can already work in corporations. Although in PH, you'll most likely land a job on BPO companies or Starbucks as an undergrad. You can be a part-time so you can work whilst going to school. Pay would be around PHP 8,000 which is absurdly low. But if you're frugal, you'll get by sans the school expenses.

Edit: You can also get TESDA certification and work on a different field, albeit getting the same salary as I've mentioned.

If you're gonna work in a different country, then don't live there permanently. You'll be wasting your talent for a different country if you do so. If you want to work overseas, then do it as an OFW. Earn money in AU, then spend money in PH. That way, you'll help the GNP of PH.

well if you haveing your own life is holding you back you should think about if you even want to go.

i cant speak for australia and i dont know what you do but for me it was hell getting a job after graduating college with no experience and you know... mediocre grades. plus my social skill could generally be better but thats a whole other can of worms. anyway...again i dont much about your relationship but id suggest to make the smartest choice for you first. if move their, she owns you now. if you fight you will be dependend on her and always crawl back to her.

if you really want to go id try to get a job their first if possible and then move. while also not easy this way you at least have a steady income from day 1 there and rent as dependend. i mean me personally i wouldnt go the way you described just because i cant let someone else pay my bills im very sensitive about being independant but thats just me

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

It isn't easy.

I myself don't have any real proof that I can work with computers besides two courses about networking/hardware I followed to have something and some places I worked at as a trainee.

What I now did is see if someone needed an unpaid interim and hope they'd hire me after that.

Currently at the third company full-time three months and this time there is a shimmer of hope that I'm actually sticking around :)

I never finished my education due to a load of personal problems at a young age .. I prefer not to disclose them.

Yes you can, but boy oh boy it won't be easy.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Here is the hard truth.

If you do not have any real work experience after college then you will be in a rough place at first. You should to find some type of job now even it only a handful of hours a week... you need to establish a work history.

Now since you are going to college that is going to be a plus. If you have a degree it will serve as a tool to help you get entry into the job market. I mean you can easily get certain jobs without any education, but if you are aiming for a particular field a degree will help you get in.

Now, depending on the field there are other things you can do. Certifications help you gain entry into a field and so does volunteer work in that field. For example maybe you have a club at your college that does those services for students. As you go through college you will undoubtedly work on projects or have to submit things you have created for your field. Save those items as examples of your work. It might not be as good as having professional experience, but it shows you have at least some hands on experience with things and also gives them an example of what you are able to do.

Learn how to create a specialized resume to target a particular job posting and also learn how to interview with confidence. If you are good at interviewing you will go far. I have seen people who are highly qualified lose out on job after job because they are mediocre at the interview process.

Consider doing contractor work. It is an easy way to get working and also build up your experience with very minimal risk to yourself and the company you are contracting for.

Lastly, you are young and I have been there, but do not let your GF dictate anything about your life. You need to make your OWN decision and decide what is right for your life. The sad truth is that the relationship might not even be still going after school. On top of that a good partner won't tell you what YOU should be doing, instead they will be supportive of the choices YOU make.

You might break up with your gf during college anyway, in fact, most people do. I wouldn't worry this far into future yet.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

She told me that in Aussie people are considerate and they allow you to easily get a job even with little to no experience at all. For me, it doesn't feel that comfortable specially working somewhere new.

First of all, Australian immigration is one of the strictest ones in the world it will make US immigration a piece of cake. Also, you don't have a job, education and work experience to be granted citizenship or even a working visa.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Get a new girlfriend. This one sounds....strangely controlling.

2 hours ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Maybe you should like ah, finish high school first? I know kids your age have raging hormones and usually don't think too clearly in the head about your first love. The point is that your parents still have legal authority over you. You can't just pack up and leave without your parental consents. 

If you talking about plans like 8 years from now, you may or may not still be with her so don't worry about such things now. 

Oh, use protection, don't transmit or catch STDs, and forgodsake, don't impregnate her.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Hey guys. I've been arguing with my gf about our future,

Drop any opinion. RIP RELATIONSHIP.

The overwhelming majority of relationships have an expiry date. So why do you want to base your decision on a person that probably won´t be around in a few years?

Are you serious? xD

It is good that you think ahead but don't look too far in the future.

This might be a sore point and it's great that you are planning, but don't put too much weight on plans of a 15-year-old couple. Yes, plan. But don't let her, or your current misconceptions about the world, lock you down to something you don't want at all. 

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Have fun buying a house here in Australia. You will pay piss shit for a 2 bedroom apartment. It'll run you 500k - 600k in an area near the city. 

What are you studying?

hi.

2 hours ago, vong said:

Dude if you're 15 then do not worry about your future with your GF right now.

Such bad advice.. getting started is the best time. OP would learn how to the process of getting a job, how interviews work and so on. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 hours ago, Zzzzz69 said:

In my experience, it can be very difficult. Having a degree will help, but I'm not sure how much it'll help if you're in another country.

If she doesn't want you around any other girl your age, then she's got some pretty serious control/jealousy/trust issues.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

27 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

True to some degree, but still he's 15 and planning this for after college which is way in the future for them.  He doesn't even know if they will still be dating then, and he isn't even in college yet let alone likely his junior or senior year of high school.  Isn't 15 roughly a sophomore at most?

Yeah it's softmore years. I had already been working at that age but I was thinking about saving up for college and what college to go to rather than running half way across the globe to live with a gf. 

He's thinking way too far. His question about job is like asking which car to purchase and drive before having gotten a driver license. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

7 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Such bad advice.. getting started is the best time. OP would learn how to the process of getting a job, how interviews work and so on. 

I'm only talking about his GF. He's only 15 and planning his future with his GF right now when he's got like 2-3 years of school left then another 2+ years of college so who knows if their relationship will last another 5 years at the least.

It's good that he's concerned about his own future but should not worry about having one with is GF right now is what I meant.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

18 hours ago, forregacc02 said:

Hey, don't be so mad with your GF. She's still young, she'll think differently in a few years. BTW, you're already 15. You can already work in corporations. Although in PH, you'll most likely land a job on BPO companies or Starbucks as an undergrad. You can be a part-time so you can work whilst going to school. Pay would be around PHP 8,000 which is absurdly low. But if you're frugal, you'll get by sans the school expenses.

Edit: You can also get TESDA certification and work on a different field, albeit getting the same salary as I've mentioned.

Hmmm. It just feels bad because we already had a plan for it then she just goes and changes it. Anyways, I am looking forward to get a job here but I'll still get basics requirements which is needed. Anyways, thank you very much!

On 7/19/2018 at 9:27 AM, vong said:

-snip-

Feels bad bro, I really love the girl. We've been together for 2 years already and f*ck I wanna continue on. It's just sad that she's having a hard time trusting me because I've done bad things before. Anyways, if we will break up, I'll relax first and focus on myself. I'll probably do a Godly build once I am around 18, I'll be saving and probably work when it's summer. Thank you for the idea bro!

On 7/19/2018 at 9:31 AM, forregacc02 said:

If you're gonna work in a different country, then don't live there permanently. You'll be wasting your talent for a different country if you do so. If you want to work overseas, then do it as an OFW. Earn money in AU, then spend money in PH. That way, you'll help the GNP of PH.

Hmmmm. If my parents are alive by that time *hopefully* I will be and ofw. My mom is *54 and dad is *60 already. They're quite old dude and I didn't even finish high school yet. But I do have my old brother *20 who is gonna be a grad this year. I'm just really worried about my future. But if they're gone by that time then I'll work for myself on AU then just visit my other relatives here in PH. Thank you for the opinion. 

On 7/19/2018 at 9:35 AM, cluelessgenius said:

well if you haveing your own life is holding you back you should think about if you even want to go.

i cant speak for australia and i dont know what you do but for me it was hell getting a job after graduating college with no experience and you know... mediocre grades. plus my social skill could generally be better but thats a whole other can of worms. anyway...again i dont much about your relationship but id suggest to make the smartest choice for you first. if move their, she owns you now. if you fight you will be dependend on her and always crawl back to her.

if you really want to go id try to get a job their first if possible and then move. while also not easy this way you at least have a steady income from day 1 there and rent as dependend. i mean me personally i wouldnt go the way you described just because i cant let someone else pay my bills im very sensitive about being independant but thats just me

Damn bro. That's seriously what I feel, we already talked about this before like I'll work in PH for like 5-10 years, get more experience, save cash, if parents are still alive pay them back, and just enjoy life first. I really want to choose for myself but my gf brings me guilt. I really love the person. I know there's a lot of them out there but she's just different. So I'll talk to her and clear things up. Thanks! 

On 7/19/2018 at 9:35 AM, Sfekke said:

It isn't easy.

I myself don't have any real proof that I can work with computers besides two courses about networking/hardware I followed to have something and some places I worked at as a trainee.

What I now did is see if someone needed an unpaid interim and hope they'd hire me after that.

Currently at the third company full-time three months and this time there is a shimmer of hope that I'm actually sticking around :)

I never finished my education due to a load of personal problems at a young age .. I prefer not to disclose them.

Yes you can, but boy oh boy it won't be easy.

Damn dude. Well it's good to hear that you've got a good job. Just keep on doing your best and of course, you'll stick around already. I'll still decide since it's years away and I'll talk to her about it urgh. Hope you do well. Thanks!

On 7/19/2018 at 9:48 AM, AngryBeaver said:

Here is the hard truth.

If you do not have any real work experience after college then you will be in a rough place at first. You should to find some type of job now even it only a handful of hours a week... you need to establish a work history.

Now since you are going to college that is going to be a plus. If you have a degree it will serve as a tool to help you get entry into the job market. I mean you can easily get certain jobs without any education, but if you are aiming for a particular field a degree will help you get in.

Now, depending on the field there are other things you can do. Certifications help you gain entry into a field and so does volunteer work in that field. For example maybe you have a club at your college that does those services for students. As you go through college you will undoubtedly work on projects or have to submit things you have created for your field. Save those items as examples of your work. It might not be as good as having professional experience, but it shows you have at least some hands on experience with things and also gives them an example of what you are able to do.

Learn how to create a specialized resume to target a particular job posting and also learn how to interview with confidence. If you are good at interviewing you will go far. I have seen people who are highly qualified lose out on job after job because they are mediocre at the interview process.

Consider doing contractor work. It is an easy way to get working and also build up your experience with very minimal risk to yourself and the company you are contracting for.

Lastly, you are young and I have been there, but do not let your GF dictate anything about your life. You need to make your OWN decision and decide what is right for your life. The sad truth is that the relationship might not even be still going after school. On top of that a good partner won't tell you what YOU should be doing, instead they will be supportive of the choices YOU make.

Woahhhh. Thank you very much for the info. I will check the things that you said since it will depend with my job. As of now I'm undecided between being a chef or being a businessman. I'm juggling between the two. About my gf, heck yeah bro you're right. I should stand up for myself and she should just let me do what I want to do. But, I've ruined the trust between us, and breaking up with her was a choice, but it's just unforgivable for me to do. Hell yeah she should be supportive, so sad to see our relationship go down from being a very supportive and cute couple, to a destructive ldr couple. Makes me sad. Thank you very much dude!

16 hours ago, chiller15 said:

You can't just move to Australia, they have quite an intense visa process to go through.

True, I will do it and my girlfriend said she'll pay for me like wtf. I just don't feel comfortable with her spending all that money on me while she's on a doctor course. It's stressful tbh. 

You can't just move to Australia, they have quite an intense visa process to go through.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

9 minutes ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Damn bro. That's seriously what I feel, we already talked about this before like I'll work in PH for like 5-10 years, get more experience, save cash, if parents are still alive pay them back, and just enjoy life first. I really want to choose for myself but my gf brings me guilt. I really love the person. I know there's a lot of them out there but she's just different. So I'll talk to her and clear things up. Thanks! 

dont take this the wrong way but youre 15. talking about love at that age is rediculos to me.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

4 minutes ago, Zzzzz69 said:

True, I will do it and my girlfriend said she'll pay for me like wtf. I just don't feel comfortable with her spending all that money on me while she's on a doctor course. It's stressful tbh. 

It's not just about money. If I remember correctly, you either need someone who already lives in Australia to sponsor you, or you need to be in a profession that Australia deems valuable or that they are in need of. I only know this because my old manager started going through the Visa process back in 2012.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

16 hours ago, chiller15 said:

It's not just about money. If I remember correctly, you either need someone who already lives in Australia to sponsor you or you need to be in a profession that Australia deems valuable or that they are in need of. I only know this because my old manager started going through the Visa process back in 2012.

Hmmmm that's the problem. She's just rushing it cause she doesn't want me to be working with girls 

On 7/19/2018 at 10:30 AM, spwath said:

-snip

Alright bro. Thanks

On 7/19/2018 at 10:35 AM, captain_to_fire said:

Uhm, shouldn't you be like 9th grade and I think you're too young to be thinking about settling down. I'd say you wake up and dump that girl you're dating.

First of all, Australian immigration is one of the strictest ones in the world it will make US immigration a piece of cake. Also, you don't have a job, education and work experience to be granted citizenship or even a working visa.

I'll be clearing things up with her so that she'll understand more of my side and that going to change places without that much of job experience is a bad idea. Thank youu

On 7/19/2018 at 10:56 AM, Rune said:

Get a new girlfriend. This one sounds....strangely controlling.

Urgh. Looking forward to break up with her. 

On 7/19/2018 at 11:18 AM, wasab said:

Tell her to come to your country and live with you instead. What kind of man moves in with his gf? If anything, after marriage, your wife should move in with you. Woman marries into a man's family, not the other way around. 

Sadly by that time she's gonna be studying a medical course. It can take up to 9-12 years for her to finish that course and she doesn't trust me with talking to a girl in any age. I'll talk to her about it. Thanks!