How hard is it to get a job without experience?

Zzzzz69
19 minutes ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Damn dude. Well it's good to hear that you've got a good job. Just keep on doing your best and of course, you'll stick around already. I'll still decide since it's years away and I'll talk to her about it urgh. Hope you do well. Thanks!

Well see, if they offer me minimum wage I'm also not staying.

It is quite heavy work, not stressful but you don't really catch a break besides 30 minutes around noon.

Although I sometimes just allow myself to relax for 5 minutes because I need that to stay focused.

But it is relatively close to where I live, even allowing me to take public transport to save on the cost of buying myself a car.

I do have a driving license, got it the moment I could take the tests, would recommend everyone who thinks they are ready to do so, you will not regret it and even without a car it comes in handy.

I'll keep watching this topic and report back from time to time if you all are interested.

Obviously if I get/take the job I'll post a message about it and how it went.

So far however, my first week not bad.

Sometimes a little hectic and some tasks downright impossible and they end up passing them from one person to the other until we all tried an confirmed "Yup that ain't possible." but that is part of working a job, it ain't always fun or easy :P

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

7 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Well see, if they offer me minimum wage I'm also not staying.

It is quite heavy work, not stressful but you don't really catch a break besides 30 minutes around noon.

Although I sometimes just allow myself to relax for 5 minutes because I need that to stay focused.

But it is relatively close to where I live, even allowing me to take public transport to save on the cost of buying myself a car.

I do have a driving license, got it the moment I could take the tests, would recommend everyone who thinks they are ready to do so, you will not regret it and even without a car it comes in handy.

I'll keep watching this topic and report back from time to time if you all are interested.

Obviously if I get/take the job I'll post a message about it and how it went.

So far however, my first week not bad.

Sometimes a little hectic and some tasks downright impossible and they end up passing them from one person to the other until we all tried an confirmed "Yup that ain't possible." but that is part of working a job, it ain't always fun or easy :P

If they do go for it. At least it is fair. Well it's good to see you enjoying and putting lots of efforts for your job, hope to be like that once I start to work. Do well bro. Thank you very much!

On 7/19/2018 at 11:43 AM, wasab said:

Maybe you should like ah, finish high school first? I know kids your age have raging hormones and usually don't think too clearly in the head about your first love. The point is that your parents still have legal authority over you. You can't just pack up and leave without your parental consents. 

If you talking about plans like 8 years from now, you may or may not still be with her so don't worry about such things now. 

Oh, use protection, don't transmit or catch STDs, and forgodsake, don't impregnate her.

Hell yeah bro, protection is life. I'll finish highschool and get the job that I want. Yeah, I really want to make my parents proud, but I'm just scared that they might die by the time that I'm already working. Of course that doesn't stop me from doing things right now to make them proud. So I hope by that time we'll be good and that she"s gonna trust me more. Gotta do more things for her! Thank you bro! 

On 7/19/2018 at 12:01 PM, Teddy07 said:

The overwhelming majority of relationships have an expiry date. So why do you want to base your decision on a person that probably won´t be around in a few years?

Are you serious? xD

It is good that you think ahead but don't look too far in the future.

Idk about me and her bro. I can't break with her rn. But if something does happen, I'll just update here. Okay bro, I'll relax first XDDD THANKS!

On 7/19/2018 at 12:19 PM, AskTJ said:

Have fun buying a house here in Australia. You will pay piss shit for a 2 bedroom apartment. It'll run you 500k - 600k in an area near the city. 

What are you studying?

Ahhh shit. As of now I'm undecided. Either be a chef or somekind of businessman. Gg. Wanted to work for 10 years and I guess that's good enough to save me some amount of money and go to Au. 

On 7/19/2018 at 12:23 PM, Abdul201588 said:

Such bad advice.. getting started is the best time. OP would learn how to the process of getting a job, how interviews work and so on. 

You do have a point, but I guess letting my gf decide for my life is a bad thing. So gotta clear shiz up with her. But I am already having research's and I ask relatives, friends, and people with experience things based on the job that I want. Thanksss

On 7/19/2018 at 12:51 PM, valdyrgramr said:

Planning ahead is never a bad thing, but you might wanna focus more on school and your relationship right now and in your last two years start worrying about college prep and getting into a good college.  When you are in your last two years of college then maybe start worrying about all this?  I mean you might love her now, but so much shit can happen over that time.

True. Thanks bro. I'll relax first. 

On 7/19/2018 at 12:52 PM, valdyrgramr said:

True to some degree, but still he's 15 and planning this for after college which is way in the future for them.  He doesn't even know if they will still be dating then, and he isn't even in college yet let alone likely his junior or senior year of high school.  Isn't 15 roughly a sophomore at most?

I'll just wait like 2-3 years before graduating college and plan by that time. I am grade 10 xD

19 hours ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Then after that save enough money and get more and more experience and go to Australia and live with my own gf with our own house.

Buying a house in Australia on the income provided by a job that does not require years of experience, skill, training, and certification? Buying a house at all in Australia?

AAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, but it's really hard to afford a house in Australia.

Median house price within an hour of the capital cities (where there is work available and universities for studying) will be over 1 million Australian dollars (40mill Philippine). Many Australian's with good jobs struggle to afford a house. It's a serious issue in Australia where houses are incredibly expensive. Working full time, as an adult, in a job that you can get without experience or qualifications, will get you maybe around $40k-$50k per year. It would take you 20+ years to save up to buy a house near a major city if you saved every dollar you earned and didn't buy anything or pay any bills.

I'm in a 'regional' area away from the capital cities and median house price where I am is around $400k-$500k for an old house. New houses being built are about 600k-800k.

19 hours ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Plus I'm just 15

Pay rates in Australia for "Junior" (under 18/21) workers are lower than normal adult pay rates. At 15 you will be getting paid half the salary of an adult. You may only be earning less than $10 per hour. Even if you could get a full time job (unlikely), you would lucky to be earning 20k per year.

Australia's a very expensive country, and housing and renting is very expensive. You need to be aware of this before you make any plans to move here.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Hell yeah bro, protection is life. I'll finish highschool and get the job that I want. Yeah, I really want to make my parents proud, but I'm just scared that they might die by the time that I'm already working. Of course that doesn't stop me from doing things right now to make them proud. So I hope by that time we'll be good and that she"s gonna trust me more. Gotta do more things for her! Thank you bro! 

Well you sound like the younger version of myself haha

Pretty funky since I used to think in largely the same way, always thinking ahead .. it got me into a serious depression but I still do it to this day. Just .. don't take it too far, I obviously now start planning to when I do start getting paid, saving up, getting myself a loan and buying a plot of land and build myself a house starting hopefully before 2030.

Other things on that bucket list if I can call it that are finding someone to love and care about, not a priority but if I met that person I wouldn't pass up the chance. Once I can let myself go a little a Ford Mustang, I've been obsessed with them since forever and one day I'll drive one :)

Besides that collecting games hehe

And here I go again talking about things 15+ years away from today..

Anyhow I dropped out of school but I wouldn't advise you do to the same.

Stay in school study IT but I really noticed that experience is key so play around with your PC at home.

Maybe buy a cheap laptop rip her open and see how it all works, try challenging yourself hell run Linux once you get the basics down do a full Arch Linux install, does someone you know have a problem with their PC/Laptop/Phone if you know you can fix it offer to fix it, you learn by doing!

I have no paper saying 'This chap studied for what he is applying and knows it all' but a friend of mine we go way back lol is studying something IT oriented and knows way less then I could ever imagine.

They work with pretty outdated hardware (Core 2 Duo's, if they are lucky) use ancient version of software and often there are better alternatives nowadays. On top of that it is mostly theory, they learn things by the book.

When a real error occurs or something goes wrong he calls me :P

They don't actually know all that much, it isn't the student it is the teacher and school system here in Belgium.

I learned by doing, so I cannot proof I know it all but once you drop me in a work environment you'd be surprised.

This is what I noticed over my journey so far.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

On 7/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, wasab said:

Yeah it's softmore years. I had already been working at that age but I was thinking about saving up for college and what college to go to rather than running half way across the globe to live with a gf. 

He's thinking way too far. His question about job is like asking which car to purchase and drive before having gotten a driver license. 

Well, I already am planning to get which course to get and saving up for college isn't a problem for me. I already have 2 choices, being a chef or being a businessman. I'm just worried about my future with my gf cause she doesn't want me to work with other girls, cause I broke the trust between us. Having no trust is like a dead relationship. But there's still some love in it. Anyways, we already had a plan before, I'll work in PH for 5-10 years, save up and get enough money to go to AU. But she suddenly changed it to, me going after graduating college and working at AU. Which is totally uncomfortable and unacceptable. So we have lots of talking to do. 

15 hours ago, Sfekke said:

Well you sound like the younger version of myself haha

Pretty funky since I used to think in largely the same way, always thinking ahead .. it got me into a serious depression but I still do it to this day. Just .. don't take it too far, I obviously now start planning to when I do start getting paid, saving up, getting myself a loan and buying a plot of land and build myself a house starting hopefully before 2030.

Other things on that bucket list if I can call it that are finding someone to love and care about, not a priority but if I met that person I wouldn't pass up the chance. Once I can let myself go a little a Ford Mustang, I've been obsessed with them since forever and one day I'll drive one :)

Besides that collecting games hehe

And here I go again talking about things 15+ years away from today..

Anyhow I dropped out of school but I wouldn't advise you do to the same.

Stay in school study IT but I really noticed that experience is key so play around with your PC at home.

Maybe buy a cheap laptop rip her open and see how it all works, try challenging yourself hell run Linux once you get the basics down do a full Arch Linux install, does someone you know have a problem with their PC/Laptop/Phone if you know you can fix it offer to fix it, you learn by doing!

I have no paper saying 'This chap studied for what he is applying and knows it all' but a friend of mine we go way back lol is studying something IT oriented and knows way less then I could ever imagine.

They work with pretty outdated hardware (Core 2 Duo's, if they are lucky) use ancient version of software and often there are better alternatives nowadays. On top of that it is mostly theory, they learn things by the book.

When a real error occurs or something goes wrong he calls me :P

They don't actually know all that much, it isn't the student it is the teacher and school system here in Belgium.

I learned by doing, so I cannot proof I know it all but once you drop me in a work environment you'd be surprised.

This is what I noticed over my journey so far.

Woahh. It feels great to talk to someone with more experience in life. Well, you sound like you're ready for life. You can do it bro, just never give up on the things that you love most. Also, work as hard as you can. One day you'll see yourself with all the things that you have and go back to time when life was hard. You got it bro. Just continue on. 

15 hours ago, Spotty said:

Buying a house in Australia on the income provided by a job that does not require years of experience, skill, training, and certification? Buying a house at all in Australia?

AAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, but it's really hard to afford a house in Australia.

Median house price within an hour of the capital cities (where there is work available and universities for studying) will be over 1 million Australian dollars (40mill Philippine). Many Australian's with good jobs struggle to afford a house. It's a serious issue in Australia where houses are incredibly expensive. Working full time, as an adult, in a job that you can get without experience or qualifications, will get you maybe around $40k-$50k per year. It would take you 20+ years to save up to buy a house near a major city if you saved every dollar you earned and didn't buy anything or pay any bills.

I'm in a 'regional' area away from the capital cities and median house price where I am is around $400k-$500k for an old house. New houses being built are about 600k-800k.

Pay rates in Australia for "Junior" (under 18/21) workers are lower than normal adult pay rates. At 15 you will be getting paid half the salary of an adult. You may only be earning less than $10 per hour. Even if you could get a full time job (unlikely), you would lucky to be earning 20k per year.

Australia's a very expensive country, and housing and renting is very expensive. You need to be aware of this before you make any plans to move here.

Holy sh, okay. I really have to think about it and talk to her first. Cause moving there, very bad idea.

1 hour ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Feels bad bro, I really love the girl. We've been together for 2 years already and f*ck I wanna continue on. It's just sad that she's having a hard time trusting me because I've done bad things before. Anyways, if we will break up, I'll relax first and focus on myself. I'll probably do a Godly build once I am around 18, I'll be saving and probably work when it's summer. Thank you for the idea bro!

Hey love has to come from both sides is what they always say.

Personally I haven't had someone to call my GF yet so I wish I could give some proper advice but what I do know is that a load of early relationships don't last from the transition to adulthood.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

5 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Hey love has to come from both sides is what they always say.

Personally I haven't had someone to call my GF yet so I wish I could give some proper advice but what I do know is that a load of early relationships don't last from the transition to adulthood.

Hell yeah. Well, I appreciate your efforts on helping me out. Anyways, just relax. Don't be desperate for a relationship, I made the same mistake and look what I got myself into. I didn't know how to decide properly and rushed everything up, it ended up being a very bad relationship and a bad life. So if the day comes, relax and of course, do your best for that girl. Just, don't show her that you're that desperate. Girls don't like it that way, *some may but most won't*

1 minute ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Hell yeah. Well, I appreciate your efforts on helping me out. Anyways, just relax. Don't be desperate for a relationship, I made the same mistake and look what I got myself into. I didn't know how to decide properly and rushed everything up, it ended up being a very bad relationship and a bad life. So if the day comes, relax and of course, do your best for that girl. Just, don't show her that you're that desperate. Girls don't like it that way, *some may but most won't*

Haha thanks for the advice chap!

Like I said when I find the one I won't pass it up but I'm in no hurry, doing mighty fine on my own ;)

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

2 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Haha thanks for the advice chap!

Like I said when I find the one I won't pass it up but I'm in no hurry, doing mighty fine on my own ;)

Nice. Throughout my relationship with my girl, trust is a very important factor. If it gets ruined, trying to get it back is hard. *Depends with the girl* Now I'm stuck with a girl I love that doesn't even trust me. Just feels so bad. As of now, as much as you can, enjoy your life with friends and families. At some point of my life, I did regret having a good and just wished to be alone, but it was too late for me. So becareful of your actions. XD. Thanks :D

Thank you everyone for the replies and opinions! Gotta relax and talk to my gf more about her unwise decisions. )): Have a good day!

14 minutes ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Thank you everyone for the replies and opinions! Gotta relax and talk to my gf more about her unwise decisions. )): Have a good day!

Protip: Don't start the conversation by saying "We need to talk about your unwise decisions". :D

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Protip: Don't start the conversation by saying "We need to talk about your unwise decisions". :D

Of course I won't tell her that. That's pure Savage. Gotta let her understand more about the situations that we can possibly get into. Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Of course I won't tell her that. That's pure Savage. Gotta let her understand more about the situations that we can possibly get into. Thanks! 

Have a look at the different Visa's available for travelling, studying, living, and working in Australia. If she wants to study in Australia then she may be limited to how much she can work while she's in the country or whether or not she can work at all. Same goes for you, if you are hoping to get a working Visa then you may only be able to get a working visa if you already have a skill that is in a shortage of workers in Australia. So for example, if you're an electrician, you may only be able to get a visa to work in Australia if there's a shortage of local electricians in Australia. If there's already enough electricians locally, you may not be able to apply for a work visa.

Look at residential Visa's, as well as a visa called "Temporary Skill Shortage" Visa (Formerly "457 work visa") for Australia. (Check official .gov.au websites)
It might help if you find out what conditions your visa's will put you on and how much work you can or can't do while in Australia, as well as how long you're able to stay in the country.

Do you know how to use power tools and enjoy labour? If so it's not too bad. Retail is big in AU so get some experience in that, and remember you are quite young so you won't get paid well. 

16 hours ago, wasab said:

He's thinking way too far. His question about job is like asking which car to purchase and drive before having gotten a driver license. 

I purchased and drove my car without a licence. Just a fact I wouldn't recommend it. 

TBH you're girl isn't worth it if she doesn't appreciate you. A relationship works both ways. 

14 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Do you know how to use power tools and enjoy labour? If so it's not too bad. Retail is big in AU so get some experience in that, and remember you are quite young so you won't get paid well. 

I purchased and drove my car without a licence. Just a fact I wouldn't recommend it. 

TBH you're girl isn't worth it if she doesn't appreciate you. A relationship works both ways. 

I enjoy cooking. Looking forward to be a chef but pay is low for me considering the effort that you do everyday to cook each meal. Ikr. She doesn't appreciate some of my hobbies, and my plans for a better future. Thank you for the opinion. 

Have a look at the different Visa's available for travelling, studying, living, and working in Australia. If she wants to study in Australia then she may be limited to how much she can work while she's in the country or whether or not she can work at all. Same goes for you, if you are hoping to get a working Visa then you may only be able to get a working visa if you already have a skill that is in a shortage of workers in Australia. So for example, if you're an electrician, you may only be able to get a visa to work in Australia if there's a shortage of local electricians in Australia. If there's already enough electricians locally, you may not be able to apply for a work visa.

Look at residential Visa's, as well as a visa called "Temporary Skill Shortage" Visa (Formerly "457 work visa") for Australia. (Check official .gov.au websites)
It might help if you find out what conditions your visa's will put you on and how much work you can or can't do while in Australia, as well as how long you're able to stay in the country.

Woahhhh. Thank you very much! I'll save this and once I need it I'll easily use your info. 

7 hours ago, Zzzzz69 said:

I enjoy cooking. Looking forward to be a chef

In Australia the pay rate for an adult chef (fully qualified) starts at $23 per hour ($46k per year - BEFORE TAX). If you're an apprentice chef, assistant chef, or a kitchenhand then it will be a little lower. It will also be lower if you're a junior. This is just to give you an idea of the money you could be earning in Australia.

image.png.ede42bf2d90380b98a3be15d312f695b.png
https://calculate.fairwork.gov.au/CheckPay/Summary

Edited by Spotty
Before tax

I just want to say this... SHAME ON SOME OF YOU!

Why are we giving him a hard time because of his age? People have been complaining for years about how the younger generations stay at home well into their 20's and sometimes even 30's. So it is refreshing to me when a youth is already trying to start planning for his future. His goals and career choices might change, but at least he is taking the steps to plan for his future. He is trying to do something with his life. He might be young and putting too much weight on what his GF wants, but that is common for people his age.

So instead of poking fun and giving him a hard time about these things.... maybe give him some meaningful and constructive advice.

If you want to kill off a relationship, just start buying her a nice digital scale for all gift occasions.

4 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

How are you even able to purchase one and register it without a license? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

I just want to say this... SHAME ON SOME OF YOU!

Why are we giving him a hard time because of his age? People have been complaining for years about how the younger generations stay at home well into their 20's and sometimes even 30's. So it is refreshing to me when a youth is already trying to start planning for his future. His goals and career choices might change, but at least he is taking the steps to plan for his future. He is trying to do something with his life. He might be young and putting too much weight on what his GF wants, but that is common for people his age.

So instead of poking fun and giving him a hard time about these things.... maybe give him some meaningful and constructive advice.

Well some of them did give advices. Anyways, thank you very much bro. ?

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

In Australia the pay rate for an adult chef (fully qualified) starts at $23 per hour ($46k per year). If you're an apprentice chef, assistant chef, or a kitchenhand then it will be a little lower. It will also be lower if you're a junior. This is just to give you an idea of the money you could be earning in Australia.

image.png.ede42bf2d90380b98a3be15d312f695b.png
https://calculate.fairwork.gov.au/CheckPay/Summary

Woahhhh. Thank you very much bro!

3 hours ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Woahhhh. Thank you very much bro!

Forgot to mention that the pay figures I quoted were before paying tax. For the figures I gave earlier, a rough guess would be that you would be paying about $6,000-$8,000 per year in tax. So that 46k pre tax will work out to be around 38-40k.

The answers to all thing is IT. Sec-ops, Dev-ops, E-discovery. Pick one and never look back. They are fields with HUGE demand and high pay.

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

Forgot to mention that the pay figures I quoted were before paying tax. For the figures I gave earlier, a rough guess would be that you would be paying about $6,000-$8,000 per year in tax. So that 46k pre tax will work out to be around 38-40k.

Is that Australian dollars or USD?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 minutes ago, wasab said:

Is that Australian dollars or USD?

Australian Dollarydoos.