DRAM prices to rise slightly in 3Q18, NOOOOO!!!

GOD MAN
On 04/07/2018 at 7:40 AM, WereCat said:

Well, at least SSD prices are going down.

I plan on buying new CPU/MoBo/RAM next year Q2/Q3 so I really dont care about RAM prices right now but I dont think that it will be any better next year. Probably even worse.

But I agree with OP. I see no reason for phones using 6+ GB of RAM.

500GB 860 EVOs going for 89 quid in the UK, SSD prices are getting really cheap.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/6yKcCJ/samsung-860-evo-500gb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76e500bam

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

41 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

500GB 860 EVOs going for 89 quid in the UK, SSD prices are getting really cheap.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/6yKcCJ/samsung-860-evo-500gb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76e500bam

Nice. I got the 850 EVO 500GB for about 150€ 2y ago and MX500 500GB for €120 4months ago.

Now the 850 EVO is €115 and MX500 €95.

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Nice. I got the 850 EVO 500GB for about 150€ 2y ago and MX500 500GB for €120 4months ago.

Now the 850 EVO is €115 and MX500 €95.

I got mine for 140 quid a year ago

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

29 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

commiserations ,_,

EDIT: have you tried to RMA with corsair directly? they got lifetime

I'm not going to waste my time RMAing until I verify that they're actually and completely dead, and it's not some type of conflict between thise sticks and my mainboard.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

19 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I was quite confused when I read this but I guess the price fixing lawsuits are actually still underway and have not yet completed.  I'm sure once they do, prices will be back to normal.  Only a matter of how long that takes.  Odd that they'd push harder though... if a cop is trying to pull you over for speeding, it's usually not smart to speed up more.

Building up a cash buffer now to offset the fine later probably will be beneficial as the lawsuit will not be able to include current events in most cases. 

5 hours ago, Mooshi said:

Oh no, what ever shall the people who buy RGB ram are to doooooooo

Buy LEDs and tape them to the computer.

19 hours ago, Aaxer said:

Those were just the amount of fines they will have to  pay IF / WHEN They get are found guilty. Currently the investigation is going on

It would be an issue if they are somehow found not guilty (I do not see how they could be) as we would be back to RAM costing more than a decent CPU.

8 hours ago, dizmo said:

Minimum wage being what? An entire months pay? Week? Hour?

No offense, but if you're working a minimum wage job you probably shouldn't be buying higher end hardware. I mean yes, of course you can, but you'll obviously have to save to do it. Just like you would with any other hobby. I wouldn't be owning $8,000 mountain bikes on a minimum wage salary, but since I make more, I can get nicer stuff. Same with PCs.

Way to take that last point out of context ;) It was in relation to prices being higher in 20 years, not specific to RAM pricing.

People who have minimum wage jobs and want high end hardware are funny, because some of them can actually afford a decent machine if they took the time and budgeted everything and saved for a bit. Getting a roommate or finding someone where y'all can split the cost of utilities and house payment/aptop whatever. The amount of money my parents could save if they didn't spent $200-$300 a week on fast food and going out. If instead of paying someone $800 to fill in some holes and plant some grass in our back yard they did it themselves. If instead of buying a car every year they stick with there top model they already own. There are always exceptions though.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I blame minors.

why though? they don't even have money

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I blame minors.

I blame mein 'r's.

2 hours ago, asus killer said:

you have to make a decision, either you don't care and just a few people buy it, or you actually care and it's a big deal because a "wide array of things" uses it.

Just a few (relatively speaking) people buy RAM as a final product.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

This goes to show you how effective litigation against price fixing is: We'll continue to do it while under investigation because fuck you, we'll pay the fine and still make a healthy profit.

Peak capitalism.

-------

Current Rig

-------

11 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I blame mein 'r's.

Just a few (relatively speaking) people buy RAM as a final product.

You will allways pay for it even when inside a product

Just now, asus killer said:

You will allways pay for it even when inside a product

Only the people buying RAM as final products are getting fucked. OEMs aren't seeing huge price increases, and IMO, the bigger customer (who is ultimately outbidding you), deserves higher priority.

Well, y'all are getting fucked. If it's Micron, there are a few stores in Idaho selling it for a much better price.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Only the people buying RAM as final products are getting fucked. OEMs aren't seeing huge price increases, and IMO, the bigger customer (who is ultimately outbidding you), deserves higher priority.

Well, y'all are getting fucked. If it's Micron, there are a few stores in Idaho selling it for a much better price.

According to the tech jesus they dont pay as much an increase as us but it still hurts. They buy bulk and all that. He mentioned values but i dont recall 

22 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

This goes to show you how effective litigation against price fixing is: We'll continue to do it while under investigation because fuck you, we'll pay the fine and still make a healthy profit.

Peak capitalism.

That.... and dropping prices now would be like admitting guilt in some way?

15 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Two of my Corsair sticks chose a shitty time to die.

My dad's always had luck warrantying RAM, even if he wasn't sure it was dead. I'm not sure they even bother testing it half the time. 

3 hours ago, asus killer said:

you have to make a decision, either you don't care and just a few people buy it, or you actually care and it's a big deal because a "wide array of things" uses it.

No, I don't, because the prices don't bother me. 

1 hour ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

People who have minimum wage jobs and want high end hardware are funny, because some of them can actually afford a decent machine if they took the time and budgeted everything and saved for a bit. Getting a roommate or finding someone where y'all can split the cost of utilities and house payment/aptop whatever. The amount of money my parents could save if they didn't spent $200-$300 a week on fast food and going out. If instead of paying someone $800 to fill in some holes and plant some grass in our back yard they did it themselves. If instead of buying a car every year they stick with there top model they already own. There are always exceptions though.

Totally agree. I find most people just live beyond their means. They want the nice place, nice, car, to eat out often. But it's simply not in their budget. Then when it comes to other niceties in live they feel slighted. I think a lot of the complaining on this forum comes from younger people, to which the price increases have a greater impact and it seems like a huge sum of money. I mean us oldies aren't thrilled, no one wants to pay more, but it's not really that much in the overall picture. RAM goes up $70? I skip my morning tea for a couple weeks and make it at home instead. Easy. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 minutes ago, dizmo said:

My dad's always had luck warrantying RAM, even if he wasn't sure it was dead. I'm not sure they even bother testing it half the time. 

No, I don't, because the prices don't bother me. 

Totally agree. I find most people just live beyond their means. They want the nice place, nice, car, to eat out often. But it's simply not in their budget. Then when it comes to other niceties in live they feel slighted. I think a lot of the complaining on this forum comes from younger people, to which the price increases have a greater impact and it seems like a huge sum of money. I mean us oldies aren't thrilled, no one wants to pay more, but it's not really that much in the overall picture. RAM goes up $70? I skip my morning tea for a couple weeks and make it at home instead. Easy. 

Yes, I could afford paying double the 2015 prices of RAM... and I did pay that recently in my new build... but I sure as shit am going to bitch about it.

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

Minimum wage being what? An entire months pay? Week? Hour?

No offense, but if you're working a minimum wage job you probably shouldn't be buying higher end hardware. I mean yes, of course you can, but you'll obviously have to save to do it. Just like you would with any other hobby. I wouldn't be owning $8,000 mountain bikes on a minimum wage salary, but since I make more, I can get nicer stuff. Same with PCs.

Way to take that last point out of context ;) It was in relation to prices being higher in 20 years, not specific to RAM pricing.

He said 20 DOLLARS in two YEARS. You misread it I guess.

About the wage, it is monthly. And I do agree that minimum wage worksrs should not buy high end hardware, but the min wage is just a baseline. 50% of brazilians earn min wage OR LESS, and the average wage of the population is 2100 (2,2 min wages) - these data are from 2017. So yeah, when you take that into consideration, and stuff like taxes, these artificial pricea hurt, A LOT.

Even for.regular people, RAM is on everything. People have phones, notebooks... And even "low end" hardware can get very expensive very fast, so if you want a pc you will have to pay a pretty penny.

The conclusion is this: the prices are going up, artificially, and thus it does not affect everybody this much, globally it affets LOTS of people, even if they dont realise it fully. The consumer is being fucked and that has to change.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, Drak3 said:

Two of my Corsair sticks chose a shitty time to die.

Lifetime warranty though.

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/warranty

CORSAIR Warranty Periods

Effective April 8, 2016, the following warranty periods apply:

DRAM Modules

• All DRAM memory modules have a lifetime warranty

At most, all you'll need to pay is shipping, which is a fraction of what new RAM would cost you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 7/4/2018 at 4:23 PM, asus killer said:

what? lots of people leave space for a RAM upgrade latter on, it's not just when you build a PC that you need RAM. And this prices are insane let alone even higher.

True but when i brought 32Gb straight up actual save me more money in the long run. The same kit is going more than double price i brought it for.

Magical Pineapples

I'm 17, my cousin is 16. She'll buy Starbucks, flip flops ect. I'll buy tea bags by the hundreds (wish I could import some quality tea but ehh) and drink that every morning or like I bought some $3 shirts at Wal-mart today. I'll buy cheap ass shirts but I spent $17 on a single pair of socks (so worth it btw). I see something neat, I look at it and put it back. Cousin sees something neat and buys it. Well with what I've earned I've got a pair of AKG 7XX's, a new chair and now a 1080Ti with about $300 left in the bank still. Now I'm 17 and thankfully not much of this would have been possible if I wasn't 17 but point is I didn't sit there and buy useless things that was $5 or $10 and wonder where it went.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

14 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Lifetime warranty though.

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/warranty

At most, all you'll need to pay is shipping, which is a fraction of what new RAM would cost you.

Alternatively, I just buy 64GB of Crucial DDR4 (8x8), cuz I can get it fairly close to the price as a matching kit of Corsair 32GB (4x8), have it instantly and finally have the 64GB I've been wanting but putting off for other wants, namely guns and games.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

38 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Alternatively, I just buy 64GB of Crucial DDR4 (8x8), cuz I can get it fairly close to the price as a matching kit of Corsair 32GB (4x8), have it instantly and finally have the 64GB I've been wanting but putting off for other wants, namely guns and games.

butwhy.jpg.d7f23f91fbaf010bcf47d7f590d38

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

But why?

Believe it or not, two out of four sticks dying at the same time doesn't strike me as reliable, or worth the time/effort.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

12 hours ago, Taja said:

He said 20 DOLLARS in two YEARS. You misread it I guess.

About the wage, it is monthly. And I do agree that minimum wage worksrs should not buy high end hardware, but the min wage is just a baseline. 50% of brazilians earn min wage OR LESS, and the average wage of the population is 2100 (2,2 min wages) - these data are from 2017. So yeah, when you take that into consideration, and stuff like taxes, these artificial pricea hurt, A LOT.

Even for.regular people, RAM is on everything. People have phones, notebooks... And even "low end" hardware can get very expensive very fast, so if you want a pc you will have to pay a pretty penny.

The conclusion is this: the prices are going up, artificially, and thus it does not affect everybody this much, globally it affets LOTS of people, even if they dont realise it fully. The consumer is being fucked and that has to change.

50% earn minimum wage or less? Do you have proof to back that up? That's a pretty wild claim. Especially since if it's a minimum wage, technically people shouldn't be able to earn less. Hence the minimum. Something you really have to take into account, which you haven't mentioned, are the tariffs, duties and taxes that Brazil puts on products. That's not a fault of the memory producers, but a problem with government. Also, if your county's currency simply isn't worth much on the world market, that again is not a problem of the memory producer, but a problem with the country. It's unfortunate, for sure, but there are many variables one has to take into account.

2 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I'm 17, my cousin is 16. She'll buy Starbucks, flip flops ect. I'll buy tea bags by the hundreds (wish I could import some quality tea but ehh) and drink that every morning or like I bought some $3 shirts at Wal-mart today. I'll buy cheap ass shirts but I spent $17 on a single pair of socks (so worth it btw). I see something neat, I look at it and put it back. Cousin sees something neat and buys it. Well with what I've earned I've got a pair of AKG 7XX's, a new chair and now a 1080Ti with about $300 left in the bank still. Now I'm 17 and thankfully not much of this would have been possible if I wasn't 17 but point is I didn't sit there and buy useless things that was $5 or $10 and wonder where it went.

Haha, yea. I have a buddy like that, sort of. He'll buy something of low quality, but end up having to buy 10 of them. I've tried explaining that if he just buys one high quality item it'll last him much longer than the cheaper units, but he refuses to change. If you want to save on clothing, buy from eBay. New, of course, but you can get quality clothes for super cheap prices, and higher end clothes fit and feel worlds better.

I do love my Starbucks lattes though :ph34r:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

I don't think you understand the concept of "minimum". ;)

I dont think you understand the concept of "illegal" ;)

Minimum wage is defined by law as 954 reais (2018). Lots of people work in informal jobs and/or under illegal work conditions. That includes underpay, overhour and many more.

50% earn minimum wage or less? Do you have proof to back that up? That's a pretty wild claim. Especially since if it's a minimum wage, technically people shouldn't be able to earn less. Hence the minimum. Something you really have to take into account, which you haven't mentioned, are the tariffs, duties and taxes that Brazil puts on products. That's not a fault of the memory producers, but a problem with government. Also, if your county's currency simply isn't worth much on the world market, that again is not a problem of the memory producer, but a problem with the country. It's unfortunate, for sure, but there are many variables one has to take into account.

Yup, unfortunately I can back it up. The IBGE (Brazilian institute of geography and statistics), released this info last year. Its pretty fucked up. 

You are right about the tariffs and all else, it is one of the many problems here. And I dont even take the currency into consideration because it is obvious that stuff will be priced in dollars, so we are always paying lots. But that is not the point, if the RAM pricea were high for legitimate reasons, well, thats life. But they are manipulating the market and they can, because they are an oligopoly. And not just for the US, for the whole world, so thats why you have to consider the global impact of this.

For some countries it may be mininal, but the GLOBAL impact is huge and pretty bad, and it is being caused mostly for corporate greed. I used Brazil as an example because I live here and its a "semi-worst case scenario". 

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.