What coin to mine?

I was wondering what the best coin to mine right now is...??? Will it increase in value??? And will it last??? I was thinking about litecoin but idk I'm a newb

i7-3770k, Gigabyte UD5H, NZXT Switch 810, OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, 560 ti Twin Frozr II OC 2GB, Cooler Master V8, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, OCZ Modxstream 700w, Corsair k60 and M65. OH and RED LED LIGHTS   FUCK YA    :)

None, mining is pointless.

Mining is not pointless. How is mining pointless? 

Mining is not pointless. How is mining pointless?

You are spending a good amount of money in something that has a slim chance of being profitable. To me, that is pointless

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

ftc

I 2nd this.....

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

You are spending a good amount of money in something that has a slim chance of being profitable. To me, that is pointless

I guess... I find mining to be very profitable. But maybe that's all of the money that I have invested talking.

ltc kinda pointless unless you have multiple 7950/7970/ r9 280x/ r9 290's

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I have a cousin who went to college for multi years and ended up working at Walmart when he graduated. Some schmuck spends their life living paycheck to paycheck and gets lucky winning the lotto. People laughed at Bitcoin when it was the equivalent of digital Monopoly money and those who had a ton of them when it was at 1k+ were super lucky. I have to disagree. Nothing in life is pointless. The word is "risky", not "pointless". Pointless would be to do nothing at all in life.

None, mining is pointless.

You guys do realize that this is Folding@home, Bonic, and Coin Mining right? It's not Folding@home, Bonic, and Trolling.

ltc kinda pointless unless you have multiple 7950/7970/ r9 280x/ r9 290's

Mining in no way  requires a large scale operation. So a single card might not generate as many coins, so you also don't have much money invested.

For the most profitable coin to mine I would check out http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency. This will show you what coin is the most profitable to mine right now. This doesn't mean you should go mine it though as it could change very soon.

For a coin to mine steady I would go with Ltc. You might not get as many as with feather coin but I would rather be holding Ltc than Ftc long term.

Personally I am mining doge at the moment as it has been more profitable than Ltc since it came out. As soon as that changes I will go back to Ltc.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

You guys do realize that this is Folding@home, Bonic, and Coin Mining right? It's not Folding@home, Bonic, and Trolling.

Mining in no way  requires a large scale operation. So a single card might not generate as many coins, so you also don't have much money invested.

For the most profitable coin to mine I would check out http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency. This will show you what coin is the most profitable to mine right now. This doesn't mean you should go mine it though as it could change very soon.

For a coin to mine steady I would go with Ltc. You might not get as many as with feather coin but I would rather be holding Ltc than Ftc long term.

Personally I am mining doge at the moment as it has been more profitable than Ltc since it came out. As soon as that changes I will go back to Ltc.

Mining LTC right now with a single 7950 only nets like ~140$ a month, my 2 780's @ 1mhash/s only end up being 200$ of profit a month, thats why I think if you're going to mine, it's better off to have a larger scale operation.

I understand some coins are more profitable, but I'd imagine they're very "band-wagony" with people jumping on, then dumping straight away to make their buck before it crashes.  (I made 60$ in 2hours off catcoins on release, I may try doing this more often)

I may start up mining doge again, seeing as it's like 1.5x more profitable than LTC, but atm I'm unsure

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Mining LTC right now with a single 7950 only nets like ~140$ a month, my 2 780's @ 1mhash/s only end up being 200$ of profit a month, thats why I think if you're going to mine, it's better off to have a larger scale operation.

I understand some coins are more profitable, but I'd imagine they're very "band-wagony" with people jumping on, then dumping straight away to make their buck before it crashes.  (I made 60$ in 2hours off catcoins on release, I may try doing this more often)

I may start up mining doge again, seeing as it's like 1.5x more profitable than LTC, but atm I'm unsure

Your 7950 might "only"  make $140 a month, but you probably only payed around $300 for it. Look at my signature, I get over 10000KH/s and obviously make a lot more a month, but I also have MUCH more invested in hardware. You are still making enough to easily pay off your card, that is what is important.

Your 7950 might "only"  make $140 a month, but you probably only payed around $300 for it. Look at my signature, I get over 10000KH/s and obviously make a lot more a month, but I also have MUCH more invested in hardware. You are still making enough to easily pay off your card, that is what is important.

I'm just saying, losing 90% use of your pc if you only have one card mining 24/7, for an entire 31 days, just to make 140$ seems pointless, especially if it's your main computer.

Do you even understand what trolling is ?

Also do you relize people are using mining as a get rich quick. Which most of the time is a waste of money ? You will only profit from mining if you started it more than 3 years ago when nobody knew anything about it

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Do you even understand what trolling is ?

Also do you relize people are using mining as a get rich quick. Which most of the time is a waste of money ? You will only profit from mining if you started it more than 3 years ago when nobody knew anything about it

I'll define trolling as spewing bullshit about something which you clearly know nothing about.

Three years ago, really? You could have started mining doge when it was released and made your money back on the hardware in less then a week.

I'm just saying, losing 90% use of your pc if you only have one card mining 24/7, for an entire 31 days, just to make 140$ seems pointless, especially if it's your main computer.

most people who mine have multiple pcs

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I tried calculating and concluded no coins are likely to return invested value in new hardware, unless you happen to have a spare PC with CF 7970 or 7950 lying around.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I think you should mine YaCoin! if you would mine any coin.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

I tried calculating and concluded no coins are likely to return invested value in new hardware, unless you happen to have a spare PC with CF 7970 or 7950 lying around.

Small problem, you can't simply "calculate" this. You have no way of knowing what the market is going to do, the price of a Ltc could drop to $5 tomorrow, or it could go back up to $45. If you are holding any amount of coins from your mining this is obviously going to have a tremendous impact on the value of your holdings.

Small problem, you can't simply "calculate" this. You have no way of knowing what the market is going to do, the price of a Ltc could drop to $5 tomorrow, or it could go back up to $45. If you are holding any amount of coins from your mining this is obviously going to have a tremendous impact on the value of your holdings.

Unless something miraculous happens, your coins are unlikely to gain value the same way as BTC did. Knowing this, the difficulty of something like LTC is going up very quickly. At the current exchange rates, mining will not even pay for costs of electricity in a couple of months. But you might mine the correct coins and strike lucky, who knows.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Unless something miraculous happens, your coins are unlikely to gain value the same way as BTC did. Knowing this, the difficulty of something like LTC is going up very quickly. At the current exchange rates, mining will not even pay for costs of electricity in a couple of months. But you might mine the correct coins and

strike lucky, who knows.

Nope ltc difficulty went down in the last few days

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883