What coin to mine?

Nope ltc difficulty went down in the last few days

This. The difficulty isn't going to keep going up unless the price does as well.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Just going to put in my experience in here. I put together a mining rig just about two weeks ago that cost me about 1500$. I only bought a motherboard, power supply, and video cards. I had some RAM, a CPU and Hard Drive lying around. I've already made about 1000$ in those two weeks. I was able to jump into Dogecoin early enough that I made a nice profit. Point being, you can still build a mining rig today and make a profit pretty fast if you pay really good attention to the market and coins coming out. I personally never got into CatCoins as I didn't see them lasting or becoming a thing. Still mining DogeCoins, though value is going down, still pretty profitable for now.

And just a small tip. You can get 3 R9 280x's for about 1300$ and get about 2220Kh/s(Assuming you get 740khs on each card) or get 5 R9 270x's for around 1000$ and get 2200khs (I'm getting about 440khs on each card) and save a couple hundred bucks. Power consumption isn't that much worse either.

Taking the numbers from Tom's Hardware
05-Power-Consumtion-Torture.png

5 R9 270x's would take up 710 watts while 3 R9 280x's would take up 771 watts.

Taking Anadtech's numbers tell a different story though

58716.png

5 R9 270x's would take up 1420 watts while 3 R9 280x's would take up 1080 watts (Using the XFX R9 280X DD numbers).

Believe the numbers you want, at the end of the day I can only tell you what I know, and that is that I'm currently drawing just over 1200 watts from the wall with 5 R9 270x's, a triple core AMD Athlon CPU, an MSI 990FXA-GD80v2 (I was looking at the 990FXA-GD65v2 but it was out of stock at me local retailer),4GB of RAM and a laptop 2.5 inch 500gb hard drive

Also, I'm fortunate enough to live in an area in which I only pay 0.07$/kwh. I'll see about adding pics to this post later.

Have a good day and happy mining :D

Edit: Forgot to add that I do use the R9 290 in my personal rig to mine when I'm not using my PC. Get about 850khs from that. I will not be adding it to hardware cost for the mining rig since I got it for personal use and that's still it's main purpose.

Build Logs          

Little Red Build Log (HAF XB)            Project Tomb Raider (HAF 912 Mod)

Pollia Condensata Build Log (Showcase PC)            American Patriot (Red White and Blue Build)

Nope ltc difficulty went down in the last few days

Well, when I was thinking about this 2 weeks back it went from 2000 to 3000 in a single week.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

so from what I'm understanding.. Ltc is more steady and reliable but might not get you as much money in the short term as other coins?

i7-3770k, Gigabyte UD5H, NZXT Switch 810, OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, 560 ti Twin Frozr II OC 2GB, Cooler Master V8, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, OCZ Modxstream 700w, Corsair k60 and M65. OH and RED LED LIGHTS   FUCK YA    :)

so from what I'm understanding.. Ltc is more steady and reliable but might not get you as much money in the short term as other coins?

Yes, that is a very accurate summary of a very off topic thread.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

you could just mine @ https://www.multipool.us/ changes what you mine on how profitable it is atm seems to be the way doge is the way to go

New Build:i7 4770k @4.4ghz, Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 GD-65 Gaming, Corsair HX750w, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm, Corsair Vengeance 12gb DDR3 1866mhz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SSC

Old build/Little Bros New PC:Intel i5 3570K @4.2ghz, Stock Intel Cooler, Gigabyte z77m-d3h, Capstone 550w, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 5400rpm, Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 660 SC R.I.P Tyson 12/22/03- 04/17/13

I got Guiminer and I keep getting this error

json_rpc_call failed, retry after 15 seconds

what is going wrong?

i7-3770k, Gigabyte UD5H, NZXT Switch 810, OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, 560 ti Twin Frozr II OC 2GB, Cooler Master V8, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, OCZ Modxstream 700w, Corsair k60 and M65. OH and RED LED LIGHTS   FUCK YA    :)

Mining LTC right now with a single 7950 only nets like ~140$ a month, my 2 780's @ 1mhash/s only end up being 200$ of profit a month, thats why I think if you're going to mine, it's better off to have a larger scale operation.

I understand some coins are more profitable, but I'd imagine they're very "band-wagony" with people jumping on, then dumping straight away to make their buck before it crashes.  (I made 60$ in 2hours off catcoins on release, I may try doing this more often)

I may start up mining doge again, seeing as it's like 1.5x more profitable than LTC, but atm I'm unsure

How much does a Gigabyte windforce r9 290 get per month approximately.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Unless your doing it on a big scale on a stand alone machine, I don't think there is a huge amount of profit. I tried it on my 7970 and the power consumption mixed with me wanting to play games wasn't worth it.  Maybe get a few 7970's cheap and build a secondary rig and try LTC.  Power consumption is something people overlook to, the machines draw a bit of power so if you don't live at your parents house then youll need to consider that.

But remember the formula!!!

10x Radeon 7970=Doge Coin 4 lyfe

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Unless your doing it on a big scale on a stand alone machine, I don't think there is a huge amount of profit. I tried it on my 7970 and the power consumption mixed with me wanting to play games wasn't worth it.  Maybe get a few 7970's cheap and build a secondary rig and try LTC.  Power consumption is something people overlook to, the machines draw a bit of power so if you don't live at your parents house then youll need to consider that.

But remember the formula!!!

10x Radeon 7970=Doge Coin 4 lyfe

Well the thing is going to run while im at school as well as overnight. I game like 3 hours a day so I dont Think thatll make a huge dent ;)

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Dogecoin!  :P

I second this!

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Gold.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Let me throw my hat in the ring. LTC is good to mine but only if your willing to get 2 or more 7970's or 280x or 290x. I've been running 2x 7970's and have done well myself mining LTC. Other than that if your incapable of doing that then FTC would be best. You could also do CPU mining if you have a K variant (preferred) cpu, then I would recommend Primecoin.

In a way bitcoin mining reminds me of wincapita... (never invested in it tho)

Who is actually paying you for your computing number-crunchiness? Where does the money come from?

Let me throw my hat in the ring. LTC is good to mine but only if your willing to get 2 or more 7970's or 280x or 290x. I've been running 2x 7970's and have done well myself mining LTC. Other than that if your incapable of doing that then FTC would be best. You could also do CPU mining if you have a K variant (preferred) cpu, then I would recommend Primecoin.

I just calculated it and ltc and ftc earn about the same amount of cash.... 

Put that 3770K to work and check out Primecoin or Protoshares. They are built around CPU mining and I think they are going to take off soon.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I just calculated it and ltc and ftc earn about the same amount of cash.... 

There's a fiscal difference for me, at the end of the day I prefer to maximize profit.

I guess... I find mining to be very profitable. But maybe that's all of the money that I have invested talking.

which pool should i mine(I'm in India) and what approx rate will i get with ASUS R9 270x DC2 OC Edition....

Plz help....very newbie and just doing this for tp....i saw a video and went on slush's pool and 23 got accepted in half hour...

plz help

None, mining is pointless, at the end of the road you'll probaly just end up with higher electricity bills.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Totally gold.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Totally gold.

should i mine the top currency right now or go with the litecoins?

should i mine the top currency right now or go with the litecoins?

Just go with Litecoins are something smaller than that.

Just go with Litecoins are something smaller than that.

Ok thanks . Should i join a pool is better i think?