Is this forum as pro-intel anti-AMD as tom's hardware ?

hammerfast
39 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Well that's easily solved.

Stop being poor.

rekt.

Git gud

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

56 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

I have to say, this is one nice forum.  Wish other forums would use the same software as well.

There was one other forum I found, I forget the name, but they used this software too haha.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

On the current forum status we know each other too well, there is occasional fanboy arguments , but it's 'debated' most of the times & not blunt arguments back & forth until one side gives up, those usually gets dampened up quickly by the rest.  it's mostly rationale discussion in the threads,  but you have to do your part right when doing the debate. you don't have to worry about direct silencing or censorship for just petty fanboy stuffs here. may get warning points if things get awkward but it's an open forum for good debates with equal weight levied on both side .

Details separate people.

13 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Tom's Hardware.

Not about the community, most of them seem decent from what I've seen. But the site is hard to navigate for me, and it just seems a bit strict. I haven't heard a lot of positive experiences from them.

I don't give the LTT community  a lot of credit as I think most of it is young enthusiasts, but miles above tom's community. Holy shit they are so misinformed and so arrogant about it. One of their top contributors thought TVs had GPUs and that's what made consoles work. Not shitting you, I'm talking thousands of posts, all the badges, most solved threads, etc.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1839853/gta-work-260x-high-settings.html

By the way consoles are using CPU and GPU's but they don't have to power a monitor. They are using mainly TV's which have their own in-build graphics cards.

T.V's have their own build in graphics card to power their screens. A monitor doesn't and that is why they are used on PC's. Lets me say this - I am using a Macbook Pro right now on a Samsung 27" Monitor, It lags so much on games and takes so long to boot up, When i plug in my 42" T.V. as my display it runs much faster and boots up way quicker. The Integrated graphics on my MBP can't power the monitor for gaming as it is really only intended to power it's own display. You can plug in 3 T.V's to you laptop and it will still run faster than connecting up one monitor. With a console, most people use it with their T.V and usually never with a monitor.

I aren't saying that it doesn't work well on console, A console has a build in graphics card for just sending the T.V. what goes on the display and/or used to actually power a monitor. A console can power a monitor pretty well, But if you were to play really graphic intense games on it it would lag a lot, if you had a T.V connected it wouldn't be so bad. What graphics card is in your laptop? my MBP has integrated graphics and i tell you it is terrible playing games at 1080p on my monitor. I played crysis 2 on low and it still lagged, High- like 2 fps and below.

complete with me shitting on him just in case anyone see this result on google (toms is always top). No, he's not trolling, I remember checking his other posts and they were also pretty stupid. 

Here's his profile since you have to log in to see it

image.png.0ca780863758803aa54283c913013f37.png 

image.png

Almost every single top google result they have I've come across has an answer that's so wrong it's unbelievable that no one in the thread thought better. It's to the point that I hate them for their good seo. This is toms hardware. So many people like this guy. Sure most of LTT isn't that experienced, but holy shit LTT isn't toms hardware bad

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Any real PC enthusiast will provide an honest answer to VS thread, pointing out the strong and weak points of all camps. They should also (depending on age) of had gpu/cpus from all camps getting the best bang for buck that they can. For example, my first PC (i had a laptop previous) was an Intel Pentium with an Nvidia 5200 Ultra, really slow but cheap. Over the years I sort of went

Athlon 64 + ATI 9800 pro (flashed to XT)

Athlon 64 X2 +Nvidia 6800 (flashed to GT)

Pentium Dual Core + ATI X1900XT (wouldn't flash to XTX)

Then I got more serious around 2009, id bought a lot of used part up til this point

Intel i7 860 + AMD 5870

Intel 3770K + Nvidia 670 GTX (killed a memory channel delidding)

Intel 4790k + AMD 280X Vapor X > Nvidia 970 > 970 SLI > Nvidia 1080

Ryzen 7 1700 + Nvidia 1080

Sort of locked into Nvidia now due to Gsync - but that's fine right now as since that 280X they have offered the best performance at my purchase point/price

I have never got Fan Boys o.O its not like the brand is loyal to you ...  I feel I always give an honest view point, right now gaming + high refresh 8700k, if streaming or any editing go with Ryzen if viewer side stream FPS is important. People will add other things such as software compatibility etc which is fair enough, but there has been those in the past that just won't accept a camp is better than the other camp for certain scenarios xD

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

11 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I don't give the LTT community  a lot of credit as I think most of it is young enthusiasts, but miles above tom's community. Holy shit they are so misinformed and so arrogant about it. One of their top contributors thought TVs had GPUs and that's what made consoles work. Not shitting you, I'm talking thousands of posts, all the badges, most solved threads, etc.

complete with me shitting on him just in case anyone see this result on google (toms is always top)

In all fairness, that one person's post was made about two weeks after he joined -- and people being completely wrong when joining isn't rare on any forum -- including LTT.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Idk I've had both for a very long time and they're fine.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

In all fairness, that one person's post was made about two weeks after he joined -- and people being completely wrong when joining isn't rare on any forum -- including LTT.

Post was July 2014, He joined October 2013. And his 2016 posts were just as bad, trust me. And he's not the only one, he's just a great example. He wants the badges and most best answers so he just talks out his ass on every thread hoping to get selected. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Post was July 2014, He joined October 2013. 

The post was October 18th 2013.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

8 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

During the Ryzen premiere you could ask about what kind of GPU to get and the first answer was "get Ryzen" :D

Happens now, go in the graphics card sub forum lol

If anyone asks you never saw me.

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

The post was October 18th 2013.

You're right I was looking at another one of his posts in a different thread.  

muh specs 

All parts black

4 minutes ago, Ross Scarlet said:

holy crap LOL that is hillarious, even more when i saw that "TV Expert" badge..

"Graphics card master" 

muh specs 

All parts black

Have we addressed that there's no way to be kicked from a forum for asking a simple question yet?

Or are we avoiding it?

Post is proof to post.

2 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:
Spoiler

complete with me shitting on him just in case anyone see this result on google (toms is always top). No, he's not trolling, I remember checking his other posts and they were also pretty stupid. 

Here's his profile since you have to log in to see it

image.png.0ca780863758803aa54283c913013f37.png 

image.png

Almost every single top google result they have I've come across has an answer that's so wrong it's unbelievable that no one in the thread thought better. It's to the point that I hate them for their good seo. This is toms hardware. So many people like this guy. Sure most of LTT isn't that experienced, but holy shit LTT isn't toms hardware bad

The problem with THG is, anyone with a lot of badges will most surely get selected as the right answer even if their reply has nothing to do with the question. This creates a unfair situation, where new members who gives the right answer first, don't get select as best answer and won't be able to earn any badges to display their knowledge. The other problem they seem to have is this weird thing against single fan AIO. Post a build with a single fan AIO and they hunt you down like pack of angry wolves.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

The problem with THG is, anyone with a lot of badges will most surely get selected as the right answer even if their reply has nothing to do with the question. This creates a unfair situation, where new members who gives the right answer first, don't get select as best answer and won't be able to earn any badges to display their knowledge. The other problem they seem to have is this weird thing against single fan AIO. Post a build with a single fan AIO and they hunt you down like pack of angry wolves.

Single fan AIOs don't get much love here either as they only really make sense in a SFF build -- otherwise an air cooler is just as good and cheaper or better and about the same price.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Single fan AIOs don't get much love here either as they only really make sense in a SFF build -- otherwise an air cooler is just as good and cheaper or better and about the same price.

We definitely don't hunt down people that use them though.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

We definitely don't hunt down people that use them though.

NeglectedDamagedIbadanmalimbe-size_restr

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Meh, I'm neutral to the companies themselves and will buy whichever product better fits the purpose of my build. This issues is with the fanboy's (seriously how anyone can be a fan of a company is beyond my comprehension). All fanboyism bad in general, but for some reason AMD fanboys are particularly insufferable. 

5 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Any real PC enthusiast will provide an honest answer to VS thread, pointing out the strong and weak points of all camps.

This is a common misconception that I see all the time these days.

It is not unbiased to "point out strong and weak points of all camps". Being unbiased means that you do not care about the camps at all.

Being unbiased means saying "this product is complete trash and you should get this other one instead", if that is the truth.

5 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

It is not unbiased to "point out strong and weak points of all camps". Being unbiased means that you do not care about the camps at all.

Being unbiased means saying "this product is complete trash and you should get this other one instead", if that is the truth.

Quoted for truth. 

I used to post on toms hardware about intel is an evil corporation and amd chips are awesomely dirt cheap.

A mod comes and told me to stop demonizing intel.

i told him to he was a protitute who sold his soul to intel.

and banned.... hahaha

those were from my younger days. Now I don’t feel like ranting about amd vs intel all that much. I just like to read about Linux, android, programming, and off topics discussions.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

48 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

You missed my point, I mean they will give an honest opinion of whatever product is the best and why, regardless of who makes it - as I said, there are those that won't accept a product is better ... 

if someone is pointing out strong and weak points of all products regardless of who made it, surely its unbiased? 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, stealth80 said:

if someone is pointing out strong and weak points of all products regardless of who made it, surely its unbiased? 

This would be unbiased.