Is this forum as pro-intel anti-AMD as tom's hardware ?

hammerfast
3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

This would be unbiased.

What about "alternative unbiased", where anything that agrees with you is "unbiased", and anything that suggests otherwise is "biased", regardless of what the actual facts are? xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

This would be unbiased.

6 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Any real PC enthusiast will provide an honest answer to VS thread, pointing out the strong and weak points of all camps. They should also (depending on age) of had gpu/cpus from all camps getting the best bang for buck that they can. For example, my first PC (i had a laptop previous) was an Intel Pentium with an Nvidia 5200 Ultra, really slow but cheap. Over the years I sort of went

Athlon 64 + ATI 9800 pro (flashed to XT)

Athlon 64 X2 +Nvidia 6800 (flashed to GT)

Pentium Dual Core + ATI X1900XT (wouldn't flash to XTX)

Then I got more serious around 2009, id bought a lot of used part up til this point

Intel i7 860 + AMD 5870

Intel 3770K + Nvidia 670 GTX (killed a memory channel delidding)

Intel 4790k + AMD 280X Vapor X > Nvidia 970 > 970 SLI > Nvidia 1080

Ryzen 7 1700 + Nvidia 1080

Sort of locked into Nvidia now due to Gsync - but that's fine right now as since that 280X they have offered the best performance at my purchase point/price

I have never got Fan Boys o.O its not like the brand is loyal to you ...  I feel I always give an honest view point, right now gaming + high refresh 8700k, if streaming or any editing go with Ryzen if viewer side stream FPS is important. People will add other things such as software compatibility etc which is fair enough, but there has been those in the past that just won't accept a camp is better than the other camp for certain scenarios xD

So basically what I said here? o.O xD

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

You missed my point, I mean they will give an honest opinion of whatever product is the best and why, regardless of who makes it - as I said, there are those that won't accept a product is better ... 

if someone is pointing out strong and weak points of all products regardless of who made it, surely its unbiased? 

I think it strongly depends on what question is asked and how relevant the strong/weak points are. I also think it very much depends on how much effort you need to put in, in order to come up with strengths/weaknesses.

If you're going out of your way to come up or bring up strengths or weaknesses for one particular product, then you are not exactly unbiased.

The issue is people can't look at things rationally. They need one side to be better, when in fact even within a tight view both sides can be right.

Here's an example. Two videos, both are right. But people will still throw poop at each other over one being better. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

11 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I think it strongly depends on what question is asked and how relevant the strong/weak points are. I also think it very much depends on how much effort you need to put in, in order to come up with strengths/weaknesses.

If you're going out of your way to come up or bring up strengths or weaknesses for one particular product, then you are not exactly unbiased.

Ok for example

imo (don't wanna start any arguments here with potential fan boys xD and purely 8700k vs 2700x)

8700k is the best option for gaming, especially high refresh gaming

2700X is the better option for streamers who stream regularly and viewer side FPS is important to them - also better for editers

That been said - the difference in editing is smaller than the difference at 1080P gaming with a 1080ti

I think that is pretty accurate and unbiased. I know there are other factors such as adobe blah blah - but I aint doing a review here, its just what I believe is an unbiased opinion 

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

9 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Ok for example

imo (don't wanna start any arguments here with potential fan boys xD and purely 8700k vs 2700x)

8700k is the best option for gaming, especially high refresh gaming

2700X is the better option for streamers who stream regularly and viewer side FPS is important to them - also better for editers

That been said - the difference in editing is smaller than the difference at 1080P gaming with a 1080ti

I think that is pretty accurate and unbiased. I know there are other factors such as adobe blah blah - but I aint doing a review here, its just what I believe is an unbiased opinion 

Again, I think it depends. If the person asking for which CPU to buy said they were not interested in streaming, would it really be the "unbiased" thing to do to bring it up anyway, just because it is one area where the 2700X wins? No, I don't think so. If you feel the need to bring up things which are not related to the person's usecase then I think you are being biased, because you feel the need to say something good about a product which might not be good for that person.

At the end of the day, being unbiased is not about counting and making sure you give an equal amount of punches to both companies. Being unbiased means that you give relevant information and completely ignore which brands the products has. As soon as you go "I  need to mention something good about Intel, since I said something good about AMD" (or vice versa) then you are not being unbiased.

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Again, I think it depends. If the person asking for which CPU to buy said they were not interested in streaming, would it really be the "unbiased" thing to do to bring it up anyway, just because it is one area where the 2700X wins? No, I don't think so. If you feel the need to bring up things which are not related to the person's usecase then I think you are being biased, because you feel the need to say something good about a product which might not be good for that person.

At the end of the day, being unbiased is not about counting and making sure you give an equal amount of punches to both companies. Being unbiased means that you give relevant information and completely ignore which brands the products has. As soon as you go "I  need to mention something good about Intel, since I said something good about AMD" (or vice versa) then you are not being unbiased.

It’s unbiased view in the scenario given.... you really are making this difficult. It’s obvious from above if someone said I want a gaming cpu that I’m going to say 8700k.....

Ryzen Ram Guide

Nope, there is no 'anti' and no 'pro' side in this forum, and I can say that, cause I have experienced it. That happend when I posted a Topic in general discussion, about 

"Who is better", that was Team Red vs Team Blue. I got about 4 replies, until comments were closed by the staff/admins/moderators.

20 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

Nope, there is no 'anti' and no 'pro' side in this forum, and I can say that, cause I have experienced it. That happend when I posted a Topic in general discussion, about 

"Who is better", that was Team Red vs Team Blue. I got about 4 replies, until comments were closed by the staff/admins/moderators.

People will show their true preferences in different topics. They will actively avoid such "in your face" potentially antagonistic threads like "what is better, AMD or Intel" but try posting a planned build on x299 (say, i9 7900X) and see what happens. Unfortunately there is very few people I can trust to give really educated and unbiased opinion in a topic such as x299 vs. Threadripper.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

i got my 1900x where should i post pix ? 

On 5/12/2018 at 4:00 AM, Ashiella said:

But if were being honest, the 1900x is as useless a sku as the 7800x.

i could hardly afford more as i bought another parts . maybe when the threadripper 2 comes out i get one that is at the top 

I prefer the no bullshit approach, sadly i can come off a bit of an asshole, but it's because people cannot handle reality being smacked at them.

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

5 hours ago, mbasil22 said:

Well there are definitely biases. I consider myself pretty unbiased on CPU's and GPU's.

I'm definitely a Cryorig fanboy though. I love their coolers like nobodies business (not in a creepy way). xD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 hours ago, stealth80 said:

It’s unbiased view in the scenario given.... you really are making this difficult. It’s obvious from above if someone said I want a gaming cpu that I’m going to say 8700k.....

People look for things wrong with Intel, and things that are good for AMD. Very common. Intel and AMD are not kids on a playground, with AMD being bullied. They're companies selling a product, and we're consumers who spend our hard earned money on that product. We have no responsibility to protect either.

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

People look for things wrong with Intel, and things that are good for AMD. Very common. Intel and AMD are not kids on a playground, with AMD being bullied. They're companies selling a product, and we're consumers who spend our hard earned money on that product. We have no responsibility to protect either.

I dont really see any problem with AMD vs Intel.... like at all, and never have. On is not better than the other as a whole, but lots of invidual chips have their advantages. They are jus at the right price point too where money is an important thing.

Unlike say cables where you probably just buy the slightly more expensive cables if you want something that might be better.

3 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

I dont really see any problem with AMD vs Intel.... like at all, and never have. On is not better than the other as a whole, but lots of invidual chips have their advantages. They are jus at the right price point too where money is an important thing.

Unlike say cables where you probably just buy the slightly more expensive cables if you want something that might be better.

Nothing wrong with brand preference or brand debate, until facts stop mattering. Or using a strong point for the wrong reason, worse talking someone into the wrong choice for them based on a use case they'll never take advantage of.

That's what's happening, not just here but social media, YouTube, you name it. You won't see videos on catching Intel up to AMD in game streaming performance by standing on your head, rolling a 11 5 times in a row, and killing a chicken. You do see major YouTube channels making videos for AMD.

People work hard for the money they use to buy parts, our advise can make or break the experience they get from the purchase. 

On 12/05/2018 at 4:27 AM, hammerfast said:

i was expelled from tom's hardware cause i asked simple questions about AMD . so after almost an entire life of intel ownership i decide to go AMD yesterday. 

There's definitely more to that story...

Just now, kingmustard said:

There's definitely more to that story...

Yeah, I have a feeling that simple question went something like this.

"Why do you whore yourself out to Intel when their CPUs are made of ground up puppies?"

10 minutes ago, App4that said:

Yeah, I have a feeling that simple question went something like this.

"Why do you whore yourself out to Intel when their CPUs are made of ground up puppies?"

No I don't think that was it. Check out this part:

On 5/12/2018 at 5:39 AM, hammerfast said:

i mean i was on tom's hardware i asked simple questions about AMD and if they're worth the less money , and then i commented on intel's R&D center in that specific country and then BAM i was banned . 

A few months back Intel announced that they would invest 5 billion dollars into research and manufacturing plans located in Israel.

My guess is that OP made some negative comment about not wanting to support Israel or Jews by buying something from Intel, and that's why he was banned.

That's probably why he refuses to give us more details about what happened, despite several people asking him what exactly he posted that got him banned.

I might be wrong, but I don't see why he would make a comment on Intel being in a "specific country" if that wasn't the case.

7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

No I don't think that was it. Check out this part:

A few months back Intel announced that they would invest 5 billion dollars into research and manufacturing plans located in Israel.

My guess is that OP made some negative comment about not wanting to support Israel or Jews by buying something from Intel, and that's why he was banned.

That's probably why he refuses to give us more details about what happened, despite several people asking him what exactly he posted that got him banned.

I might be wrong, but I don't see why he would make a comment on Intel being in a "specific country" if that wasn't the case.

Ahhh, I was being nice then.

We need more people with VIA powered systems on this forum. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

No, just ignore the troll fanboys and hide their shitposts and everything will be fine.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 5/13/2018 at 12:05 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

What about "alternative unbiased", where anything that agrees with you is "unbiased", and anything that suggests otherwise is "biased", regardless of what the actual facts are? xD

i blame the liberals for that. SAD!

in my experience, people here seem to lean both ways

i favor amd, but it's not like im anti-intel

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage