15 Arrested in connection to PUBG cheating

2 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

its not *really* malware though. It doesnt corrupt other peoples software, doesn't destroy your PC, its something you actively choose to download, etc. Sure, its a shitty thing to do but it shouldn't be illegal.

It's spyware which is often times much worse as it is used to steal valuable information like credit card info. Again making money off of hacking software is one of the reasons they are getting in trouble as well. They are essentially profiting on people cheating in pubg.

wait so you can be arrested... like clank clank... for selling a program that allows people to cheat at a video game?

or were they arrested for the malware?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

wait so you can be arrested... like clank clank... for selling a program that allows people to cheat at a video game?

or were they arrested for the malware?

The malware/spyware.

Funnily enough, stealing people's information is in fact, illegal.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

On 4/28/2018 at 4:09 PM, valdyrgramr said:

Honestly, as much as I hate cheaters, I feel like jail time is a tad excessive.  A fine should be more than enough.

I think theres a difference in cheating and selling the cheating tools. those ppl probly did more than just using cheats to get to win in the game.

Cops rip you out of your car and throw you on the ground while punching and kicking you, saying "you like to cheat at video games?" 

Gets arrestes*

Sits in prison*

Just now, Kamjam21xx said:

Cops rip you out of your car and throw you on the ground while punching and kicking you, saying "you like to cheat at video games?"

That's not what this is about. The reason they're getting arrested is because the cheating program that they're selling also allows them to steal user's information.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

On 4/28/2018 at 10:12 PM, Misanthrope said:

Umm, cool these games should minimize cheaters.

But hey, PlayerUnknown: you do realize that minimizing or eliminating cheaters isn't going to reclaim your lost #1 spot from Fortnite, right?

i don't think hes crying much.

Just announced they hit 44 Million sales at $30.00 a copy thats 1.3 Billion the game has created in revenue ignoring crate money. 

They still hit 2.5 Million daily concurrent players on steam only which is insane as the best day ever any other game on it has ever had was Free to install and only 1.3 Million.

Declining yes But still huge and insanely profitable also yes. its in the top 5 Best selling video games EVER at this point

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/07/08/here-are-the-five-best-selling-video-games-of-all-time/#2450c7d65926 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

TLDR : Both are Absolutely killing it in player base and profits. 

Edit its also funny cause the 500k redditors subreddit and steam comments every update would say You guys know new content isn't going to get this game back on top Fixing the cheating and optimization is all they should do.  the 3rd map is coming soon and has already had 2 betas so they are not only stopping cheating they've been working on content. Also the biggest PUBG update ever drops tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

i don't think hes crying much.

Just announced they hit 44 Million sales at $30.00 a copy thats 1.3 Billion the game has created in revenue ignoring crate money. 

They still hit 2.5 Million daily concurrent players on steam only which is insane as the best day ever any other game on it has ever had was Free to install and only 1.3 Million.

Declining yes But still huge and insanely profitable also yes. its in the top 5 Best selling video games EVER at this point

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/07/08/here-are-the-five-best-selling-video-games-of-all-time/#2450c7d65926 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

TLDR : Both are Absolutely killing it in player base and profits. 

Edit its also funny cause the 500k redditors subreddit and steam comments every update would say You guys know new content isn't going to get this game back on top Fixing the cheating and optimization is all they should do.  the 3rd map is coming soon and has already had 2 betas so they are not only stopping cheating they've been working on content. Also the biggest PUBG update ever drops tomorrow. 

Yes I agree: they are absolutely killing it since there's barely any fucking content that's been produced for it. It's just a fucking mod that got popular of course it's profitable.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 4/28/2018 at 12:25 PM, JDE said:

huh

Should a PSU power up

18 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Yes I agree: they are absolutely killing it since there's barely any fucking content that's been produced for it. It's just a fucking mod that got popular of course it's profitable.

i Mean PUBG isn't a mod.... Past Battle Royal games have been Pubg is a standalone game.....

Content Wise compared to its Only real Competitor they've released more IMO. Excluding Skins. 

Going on 3rd map Soon & plans for a 4th doesnt sound like a lot But they are pretty Big Maps. 

On top of this IT wouldn't matter If Pubg was one of the most expensive AAA games made this year or a inde game  it would still be profitable. They have sold So many copies and crates together Its crazy. 

I understand Content is subjective to what you consider content. Some consider a new vehicle new weapon updated map or game mode content. some only count Maps and bigger items like that as content its pretty subjective and harder to judge. But Would personally argue in Most battle royal games updates to all these things is considered content.