Moderators Anniversary On The Forum

ErykYT3
7 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

lemme say something, 8k and 360hz displays are overrated.

That I can get behind. People are still hanging onto 1080p and the market shows that. Choices for 1440P and 4K displays are scarce. Meanwhile with 1080p,you can pretty much find any configuration you would want at a price point that won't break the bank.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just received my 3rd scam call today. How do I apply for a job as a moderator on the phones so I can ban these annoying scammers?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Just received my 3rd scam call today. How do I apply for a job as a moderator on the phones so I can ban these annoying scammers?

Run as a Member of Parliament, win your riding, work your way up as party leader, win the election, rule the world country 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, Spotty said:

Just ban them. It's not that hard spotty. I could ban you if I wanted

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

8k, yes, but 360hz sounds pretty cool.

the eye can't see more than 16 frames a sec but I agree there is a diff between 60hz and 90hz but anything above 120hz is pointless

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

just play with them... It is fun to scam them back.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

Just now, TheCoverUp said:

the eye can't see more than 16 frames a sec

I am triggered

Spoiler

I think, if there was a cap, would be 24. Anything below that is choppy

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

6 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

8k and bigger is kinda a necessity 100"and larger. You don't want pixels as big as hams. 

but it isn't like you go and sit 2 inches away from a screen that large to see and count each pixel... 4k was more than enough.

Just now, TheCoverUp said:

just play with them... It is fun to scam them back.

It's a pre recorded message. The one I've been getting this week has been "You are being investigated by the government and you will be arrested if you do not contact us. Press 1 to speak to an officer now"

(And before you ask, no, it's not legit. It's a known scam that has been reported on the government agency's website and on scamwatch)

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/news-alerts/government-impersonation-scams-on-the-rise

In a fake government threat scam, victims receive a robocall pretending to be from a government department, such as the ATO or Department of Home Affairs.

The scammer will claim something illegal, such as tax fraud or money laundering, has been committed in the victim’s name and they should dial 1 to speak to an operator.

The scammer then tries to scare people into handing over money and may threaten that they would be arrested if they refuse.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

It's a pre recorded message. The one I've been getting this week has been "You are being investigated by the government and you will be arrested if you do not contact us. Press 1 to speak to an officer now"

(And before you ask, no, it's not legit. It's a known scam that has been reported on the government agency's website and on scamwatch)

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/news-alerts/government-impersonation-scams-on-the-rise

but not everytime you get a pre-recorded message... you even get real humans but for some reason they are from India faking a American accent..

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

"You are being investigated by the government and you will be arrested if you do not contact us. Press 1 to speak to an officer now"

"This is the IRS, send gift cards or else the FBI will arrest you"

13 hours ago, Moonzy said:

mods get the privilege to preview future posts

it's like floatplane, but for mods

this was true!

6 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Alexa: I've added Amerex B402 ABC Multi-Purpose Fire Extinguisher, 5 lb. to your shopping list.

this for the PSU or the flame war that's about to happen?

8 hours ago, TheCoverUp said:

really? 10 pages? in one night!!?!now you people are pissing me off.

only less than one page while I was sleeping, ya nid to git gud

10323516.png;compress=true

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

only less than one page while I was sleeping

now this is unfair.

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

Is it legit?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

I got one of these too, mine told me I was being investigated by the state of Texas for Tax evasion or fraud. 

I will admit, part of me did jump a bit. But it took 0.37 seconds to realize its a scam. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

part of me did jump a bit

when was the last time any of you jumped?

no jumping in video games doesnt count

I jumped yesterday to check the roof of my car. Before that, literally no idea

59 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

when was the last time any of you jumped?

Like, flinched because something scarred me? Or had to jump to reach something or catch a very high sport ball or sport related object?

I mean I know in August I had to jump over an obstacle in an Obstacle course but that's the last time I remember jumping for the sake of jumping. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Or had to jump to reach something or catch a very high sport ball or sport related object?

like, feet off the ground kind of jump, not flinch

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

well nokia

jfweiodhj.jpg.cbef02e9db889b4c7af08fb0251cf89c.jpg

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

I jumped yesterday to check the roof of my car. Before that, literally no idea

I am 5,9

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

12 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I am 5,9

imagine being tall

how's the weather up there?

AW340964_10.gif 

AW340964_13.gif lightning gonna strike u first, tall people

edit: hmm the gif doesn't load well

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

imagine being tall

Imagine being vertically challenged

This post was brought to you by the 6ft+ (183cm+) club