Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

30 minutes ago, NetoriusNick said:

Active users curve 

We are still far ahead of where we once were when you look at it in detail! This was more than expected tbh! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

So it is looking like the team for this event is pretty flashed out now.

If any of the veterans from previous large events still want to join you are welcome. Namely, @Gorgon, @palespartan for their experience and expertise. 

@Metallus97 you interested in joining in the FAQ/support role again this event? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

We into a nice heatwave, mid-high 30s (Celsius) 

Not fun once you add on the folding heat and no AC on top! just think of the science!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Same, no folding for me for 4 days and until it ends...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

12 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We are still far ahead of where we once were when you look at it in detail! This was more than expected tbh! 

+ Seti@Home is hybernated and a lot of good folders wich spend 10+x Years in crunching there have switched to F@H and wont get off here this fast ;) Ok ok, we all have still BOINC client and maybe we are some days in the Year "AFK" if there is a special event ... XD

10 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We into a nice heatwave, mid-high 30s (Celsius) 

Not fun once you add on the folding heat and no AC on top! just think of the science!

Yep, I've had to turn both PCs off or my poor pregnant missis would have strangled me... 

Folding@Home Stats:

Main site - Extreme Overclocking

Currently running 1 PC and 2 servers with a total of 23 CPU Cores/Threads & an EVGA Geforce RTX 2060 graphics card

6 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

to be honest, anyone who was folding yesterday would've been absolutely mad. it got up to 37.5c in my garden and while i was driving the temperature on the M25 (skewed because it's black tarmac) hit 40.5 on the car's thermometer - i was doing 50 at the time so it's not like the car was sitting still baking either.
spent most of the day either infront of an air-conditioner or in the car's air conditioning - this body does not react well to heat.

My 2 systems are still running 24/7 up here in Manchester. I lived in Florida for 26 years I've not felt hot in the 4 years I've been back in the UK.

16 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

to be honest, anyone who was folding yesterday would've been absolutely mad. it got up to 37.5c in my garden and while i was driving the temperature on the M25 (skewed because it's black tarmac) hit 40.5 on the car's thermometer - i was doing 50 at the time so it's not like the car was sitting still baking either.
spent most of the day either infront of an air-conditioner or in the car's air conditioning - this body does not react well to heat.

made that mistake yesterday :( came back home and my room was a oven. something crazy like 41

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

3 hours ago, yaboistar said:

I never stopped!

2 hours ago, marknd59 said:

My 2 systems are still running 24/7 up here in Manchester. I lived in Florida for 26 years I've not felt hot in the 4 years I've been back in the UK.

Passed 40C upstairs in my house though... oops

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Yesterday we hit the 25°C , today allready colder XD A little isle in Northsea is definitely an advantage in summer :P

8 hours ago, marknd59 said:

giphy.gif

Last few days no stopping for me temps not great but I have not been home so meh.

image.thumb.png.c33dae45df3cdb37dd0460dbbd595744.png

I can't wait to join in on my first real event. I've got my new video card (1660 super) and will be upgrading the rest of my computer to a R5 3600 shortly after I back up everything. Plus I've got my wife's work computer folding as well as my old media server housing the R9 280 (that the 1660S replaced). It's hot here in NY but the basement is freezing! I might as well put my time to good use while quarantining down here :(

29 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

Set your team to 223518

Thanks, I am part of the Linus team, I am referring to this event where they refer to forming a team for folding month. 2020.

I will be reaching out to people in the coming weeks in regards to forming the team for folding month 2020, if anyone has helped out with a previous event and would like to lend a hand on this one please do drop me a message on here and I will take note of your interest!   I...

Recommended by TVwazhere

I'm curious... What is it that's caused our 'active users' count to stabilise? Is it the murmurings of an upcoming event? Or something else?  

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 11.08.42 PM.png

1 hour ago, Juggy said:

Thanks, I am part of the Linus team, I am referring to this event where they refer to forming a team for folding month. 2020.

Folding month 2020 is an event just for the team, I'm not sure what you are talking about.

EDITED -hang on are you talking about helping out with the event ?

4 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

Folding month 2020 is an event just for the team, I'm not sure what you are talking about.

EDITED -hang on are you talking about helping out with the event ?

Seems I may have misread or the statement was not clear.

Previous teams I have been part of would sometimes create sub teams for drag races against other teams. I thought there was a team being formed for something similar.

Appears the "team" being organised is in fact a team to manage an event called "Folding Month 2020" whatever that is.

6 minutes ago, Juggy said:

Seems I may have misread or the statement was not clear.

Previous teams I have been part of would sometimes create sub teams for drag races against other teams. I thought there was a team being formed for something similar.

Appears the "team" being organised is in fact a team to manage an event called "Folding Month 2020" whatever that is.

So, yes, we are creating, and mostly have it in hand now the management team for folding month 2020.

Folding Months are a 5 week event where people fold as hard as they can to help push #TeamLTT to greater heights, during this each persons folding performance is tracked and ranked. These ranks are used to giveaway any number of prizes, such as steam games, steams keys, hardware, and other LTT prizes too! 

To sign up the best thing to do is follow this thread, and/or follow my profile and the sign up form will be posted when the event thread goes live sometime in the next month or so. 

Hope this helps! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

So, yes, we are creating, and mostly have it in hand now the management team for folding month 2020.

Folding Months are a 5 week event where people fold as hard as they can to help push #TeamLTT to greater heights, during this each persons folding performance is tracked and ranked. These ranks are used to giveaway any number of prizes, such as stream games, steams keys, hardware, and other LTT prizes too! 

To sign up the best thing to do is follow this thread, and/or follow my profile and the sign up form will be posted when the event thread goes live sometime in the next month or so. 

Hope this helps! 

Thank you, that helps a lot. I will follow you and this thread for updates.