Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Yeah but when i hear mexico i think of the hollywood version (Shanty towns, Cartels, Corruption, Danny Trejo, Shady bars and deserts)

It was probably made near here though

Snip

Hermosillo mexico according to google. That plant is currently building the Fusion.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

There seems to be a problem with mixing Mexican factories with German design. I believe that's why audis and vws and bmws are seen as high maintenance cars because there seems to be a lack of quality control in Mexican factories ford's break down often too.

I just hope my golf was properly inspected.. China,Korea,Germany,America,Japan are all countries of origin that wouldn't worry me too much to see on a "Made in" Sticker.

But i don't think i own anything else that was made in mexico apart from my golf and a revolver holster so it is a bit worrying.

Spare parts are reasonably priced though. And at least it doesn't say "Made in france"

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I love the hellcat charger. Only if it wasnt as big and heavy.

Believe it it or not, the Chargers and Challengers aren't that big.

Believe it it or not, the Chargers and Challengers aren't that big.

I live in the states too lol I guess my definition of big has changed since I came to Turkey for a vacation. Anything bigger then a fiesta equivalent is considered big here. Cars that have bigger than 1.6l engines have a huge hike in taxes. Also taxes are collected dependent only on engine displacement. So a brand new BMW with a 1.6 turbo costs same as 30 year old French car with a 1.6l it's retarded to say the least.

I just hope my golf was properly inspected.. China,Korea,Germany,America,Japan are all countries of origin that wouldn't worry me too much to see on a "Made in" Sticker.

But i don't think i own anything else that was made in mexico apart from my golf and a revolver holster so it is a bit worrying.

Spare parts are reasonably priced though. And at least it doesn't say "Made in france"

Hopefully there is a better explanation for this but. I'm making a huge guess that all of the factory jobs are controlled by the cartels. So if you are really good with the cartel you get the easier job of qc and so on. But I could be wrong. I still don't see how French cars are bad. I've driven 2 different Renault 's by now and they are really nice to drive.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

I live in the states too lol I guess my definition of big has changed since I came to Turkey for a vacation. Anything bigger then a fiesta equivalent is considered big here. Cars that have bigger than 1.6l engines have a huge hike in taxes. Also taxes are collected dependent only on engine displacement. So a brand new BMW with a 1.6 turbo costs same as 30 year old French car with a 1.6l it's retarded to say the least.

Yeah I've seen a Fiesta, Smart, original Mini parked next to my truck, those cars are too small. (and my truck isn't even close to being one of the largest out there)

Great thing about the States is the size, I wouldn't feel safe driving one of those puny cars here or over there.

Really, i don't know about Korean cars either. I have a feeling they still don't know how to make good cars until now, since i don't think they've done cars as long as the Big 3.

Yeah I've seen a Fiesta, Smart, original Mini parked next to my truck, those cars are too small. (and my truck isn't even close to being one of the largest out there)

Great thing about the States is the size, I wouldn't feel safe driving one of those puny cars here or over there.

I feel like in America, a little car like a Fiesta or a Smart is a death trap on the freeway next to 50 foot semis.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah I've seen a Fiesta, Smart, original Mini parked next to my truck, those cars are too small. (and my truck isn't even close to being one of the largest out there)

These type of cars are necessary for places like these because people who drive here have way too much confidence. The only thing that's holding them back is their shitty cars. If this wasn't the case then everyone would crash every week at least once. Here in Europe.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

I feel like in America, a little car like a Fiesta or a Smart is a death trap on the freeway next to 50 foot semis.

50? They're a lot longer than that. The trailers are 53', cab and and engine is like another 20' I think.

Regardless, they hurt.

These type of cars are necessary for places like these because people who drive here have way too much confidence. The only thing that's holding them back is their shitty cars. If this wasn't the case then everyone would crash every week at least once. Here in Europe.

I wouldn't say it's confidence per se, but stupidity.

50? They're a lot longer than that. The trailers are 53', cab and and engine is like another 20' I think.

Regardless, they hurt.

Ok, but it's even worse, especially when you have a semi on either side. It feels like they can just squish you and pretend nothing happened.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hopefully there is a better explanation for this but. I'm making a huge guess that all of the factory jobs are controlled by the cartels. So if you are really good with the cartel you get the easier job of qc and so on. But I could be wrong. I still don't see how French cars are bad. I've driven 2 different Renault 's by now and they are really nice to drive.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cartels weren't involved in some way.

Don't get me wrong. French cars have a pretty nice ride. And some are even nice to look at

But i know five people that owned french cars. Renault Megane, Megane II wagon, Clio, and a Citroen C4. The C4 and Clio were new

And they had a lot of problems with them.

The megane II had problems with the Alternator, Electric windows, Dash ligths and starter motor

The Megane had problems with the brakes, Stereo, front lights and after five years the engine spun a bearing

The clio was at the dealership garage a few times but i'm not sure why

The C4 had some recurring electrical faults that made it refuse to start. Was in 3 times before it was fixed

And the clio had some sputtering problems and i'm not quite sure what happened with it. The owner moved away

I can't remember the model of the other car. It was a pretty sleek coupe. But the owner got rid of it after 3 months of alarm problems

Really, i don't know about Korean cars either. I have a feeling they still don't know how to make good cars until now, since i don't think they've done cars as long as the Big 3.

The Hyundai i30 and i40 i drove for work were pretty well built. The ride was very good. Almost german quality

There was quite a bit of plastic but the good kind. They felt solid and the company did not have many issues with them.

This was a newspaper delivery company. So the cars were driven like they were stolen every night and still held up^^

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Ok, but it's even worse, especially when you have a semi on either side. It feels like they can just squish you and pretend nothing happened.

I'm pretty sure they can.

The Hyundai i30 and i40 i drove for work were pretty well built. The ride was very good. Almost german quality

i30? i40? You mean Accent, haha

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Guys, what's your favorite driving songs???

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Think this has been done before for a bit.

Highway to Hell :D

i30? i40? You mean Accent, haha

Not sure

Hyundai_i30_three-door_(rear).JPG

Hyundai-i40_Wagon-2012-800-2f.jpg

Currently it is this one

I wouldn't say it's confidence per se, but stupidity.

Fake confidence is the best term I believe

I wouldn't be surprised if the cartels weren't involved in some way.

Don't get me wrong. French cars have a pretty nice ride. And some are even nice to look at

But i know five people that owned french cars. Renault Megane, Megane II wagon, Clio, and a Citroen C4. The C4 and Clio were new

And they had a lot of problems with them.

The megane II had problems with the Alternator, Electric windows, Dash ligths and starter motor

The Megane had problems with the brakes, Stereo, front lights and after five years the engine spun a bearing

The clio was at the dealership garage a few times but i'm not sure why

The C4 had some recurring electrical faults that made it refuse to start. Was in 3 times before it was fixed

And the clio had some sputtering problems and i'm not quite sure what happened with it. The owner moved away

There was quite a bit of plastic but the good kind. They felt solid and the company did not have many issues with them.

This was a newspaper delivery company. So the cars were driven like they were stolen every night and still held up^^

My uncle has owned his Megane for a long time and all it has is an electrical gremlin that has the stupid service and airbag light. My grandpa has a Kangoo and I haven't heard of any problems. My other uncle has a symbol and it drives fine. Another uncle had a scenic the first chassis he still tells me how he regrets selling it. These are all non car guy people so. Maybe the people you knew just pushed them too hard.

Not sure

Hyundai_i30_three-door_(rear).JPG

Hyundai-i40_Wagon-2012-800-2f.jpg

i30 looks like either an Accent or an Elantra hatch. I haven't seen the i40 American equivalent here.

Fake confidence is the best term I believe

My uncle has owned his Megane for a long time and all it has is an electrical gremlin that has the stupid service and airbag light. My grandpa has a Kangoo and I haven't heard of any problems. My other uncle has a symbol and it drives fine. Another uncle had a scenic the first chassis he still tells me how he regrets selling it. These are all non car guy people so. Maybe the people you knew just pushed them too hard.

They are also non car people

But sometimes you get unlucky i guess

Still don't have the confidence to buy one after those though

This one is the one i'd get if i was ever getting one

931-30eb61.jpg

It looks like such a happy car

i30 looks like either an Accent or an Elantra hatch. I haven't seen the i40 American equivalent here.

Over here they are the i30 and i40 so i guess i'll just stick to that

It's another European special kind of dealio. Hence why you don't see any i20s over here, let alone the WRC. The closest things to the aforementioned cars would be the Accent / Elantra.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

This is currently my favorite song to haul ass around corners and on-ramps in :P dat Jetta handling

i30 = Elantra

It looks like such a happy car

What happened to the happy Mazdas lol @terrytek

"Rawr XD"

Anything with a good beat gets my adrenaline going.

Its true. This should give you an idea.

http://www.livetrucking.com/truck-driver-drags-a-massive-rock-for-nearly-a-mile-before-noticing/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/08/us/us-van-dragged-by-semi/

Blarg

Just saw this on imgur. It just looks so right somehow

oWEqJCB.jpg