Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, vetali said:

on the offtopic of hot sauce, this is my fav.

Only thing I like from here is Tapatio on chips. But these people put waaaaay too much, I didn't exactly ask for soggy fried potatoes..

53 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

ouch... VW all over again

Am I the only one who wants to get a TDI that was recalled, put it in my garage, cover it and in 10 years just be driving it like nothing happened? See how long it takes till the government and law enforcement swam in :P

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

13 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

@vetali local walmart sells gallon jugs of Tapatio here

Tapatio-Hot-Sauce.jpg

I go through 36 oz in about 1 and 1/2 years. A gallon would be too much lol

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

16 minutes ago, vetali said:

I go through 36 oz in about 1 and 1/2 years. A gallon would be too much lol

You aren't using it enough then. ;)

@vetali so I found some interesting information about the GM synchromesh fluid vs the ford fluid that I have in my Miata currently, as they seem to do roughly the same thing I was trying to find which one is better. 

And neither is... The GM fluid is lighter weight than the ford fluid. So in the end just use whatever suits your need. The ford fluid is probably better in older cars or a car used on a racetrack, whereas the GM fluid is probably fine for newer cars or just for general everyday driving. And it could depends the car, some might prefer a heavier fluid, while others can make do with a lighter one. The consensus for miatas seems to be to use the ford fluid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

i will ill say the GM fluid is a lot cheaper though. Like half the price. Not a big deal for a Miata though since it only takes 2 quarts... On cars that take more it can really get pricy.

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=630002

but I will say if you aren't putting one of these two fluids (unless you have a Honda-- you should use honda's magic fluid) in your car you might be doing it wrong. And to be honest it's probably the high amount of friction modifier in them that makes them work so well. Makes syncros grab really well

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

42 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@vetali so I found some interesting information about the GM synchromesh fluid vs the ford fluid that I have in my Miata currently, as they seem to do roughly the same thing I was trying to find which one is better. 

And neither is... The GM fluid is lighter weight than the ford fluid. So in the end just use whatever suits your need. The ford fluid is probably better in older cars or a car used on a racetrack, whereas the GM fluid is probably fine for newer cars or just for general everyday driving. And it could depends the car, some might prefer a heavier fluid, while others can make do with a lighter one. The consensus for miatas seems to be to use the ford fluid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

i will ill say the GM fluid is a lot cheaper though. Like half the price. Not a big deal for a Miata though since it only takes 2 quarts... On cars that take more it can really get pricy.

but I will say if you aren't putting one of these two fluids (unless you have a Honda-- you should use honda's magic fluid) in your car you might be doing it wrong. And to be honest it's probably the high amount of friction modifier in them that makes them work so well. Makes syncros grab really well

I was surprised how thin the GM stuff was. I was almost worried it was too thin to lubricate high pressure areas. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

8 minutes ago, vetali said:

I was surprised how thin the GM stuff was. I was almost worried it was too thin to lubricate high pressure areas. 

Yeah I thought the ford fluid was thin enough to be honest. It was thinner than the redline fluid I took out. So Idk, you may want to try the ford fluid one day. Whatever works for you 

dont think I would needlessly spend the extra money on it. Maybe just one time when you actually need to change it, try the ford fluid. Or try it in a car that doesn't take much since it's so expensive

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah I thought the ford fluid was thin enough to be honest. It was thinner than the redline fluid I took out. So Idk, you may want to try the ford fluid one day. Whatever works for you 

dont think I would needlessly spend the extra money on it. Maybe just one time when you actually need to change it, try the ford fluid. Or try it in a car that doesn't take much since it's so expensive

I don't think I want to switch. Its been working great in the cold snap we've had for like a month now. Its over 3 quarts to fill my transmission. 

6 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Ooooo. What do they do?

Will you become a professional sauce engineer :P

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

4 hours ago, terrytek said:

i actually have a bottle of tabasco in my fridge, but i bought it months ago, and the last time i used it was a month ago, so it's much more watery than i thought, not as thick as i thought. but really, i use sriracha whenever i can. every time i go to a vietnamese restaurant (vietnamese food is the best kinda asian food don't @ me) i use sriracha at every opportunity because it's just soo good as far as hot sauces go.

We have a bottle of tabasco in the house (moms favorite) along with Frank's Red Hot (girlfriends favorite) , all of the Taco Bell sauces then Sriracha and Sriracha ketchup. I put sriracha on just about everything at least once. It's really good in scrambled eggs. It's my go to for Mexican, Asian, and American foods really. The Sriracha ketchup is super good for sandwiches, or even chicken nuggets. Would recommend 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

19 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

We have a bottle of tabasco in the house (moms favorite) along with Frank's Red Hot (girlfriends favorite) , all of the Taco Bell sauces then Sriracha and Sriracha ketchup. I put sriracha on just about everything at least once. It's really good in scrambled eggs. It's my go to for Mexican, Asian, and American foods really. The Sriracha ketchup is super good for sandwiches, or even chicken nuggets. Would recommend 

I committed sriracha enabled atrocities last weekend.  I put it on pizza.  Was damn good though. 

36 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

I committed sriracha enabled atrocities last weekend.  I put it on pizza.  Was damn good though. 

Did that myself last night honestly. Home made pizza is best pizza 

Actually Chicago deep dish is best pizza. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

10 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Did that myself last night honestly. Home made pizza is best pizza 

Actually Chicago deep dish is best pizza. 

I've never had Chicago deep dish pizza.  Because no Chicagos or restaurants that serve it here. 

9 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

A former Fast And The Furious stunt car. Wow

It sounds so god damn nice...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

21 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

I've never had Chicago deep dish pizza.  Because no Chicagos or restaurants that serve it here. 

If you ever have a chance. It's so worth it

Broken post is broken 

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

It sounds so god damn nice...

It truly does

D9Pf3A8.jpg

6 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Someone took a Honda Grom/MSX125 and stuffed a 300cc engine into it.

Damn. I want it.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, GlassBomb said:

Someone took a Honda Grom/MSX125 and stuffed a 300cc engine into it.

27723d1465954268-300cc-grom-img_4671.jpg

I'd love a grom. But with my height that'll never happen 

Welp. One of the Herbert Racing Huracan GT3s just had an explosive issue. RL tire was down and must have shredded a fuel line.

EDIT: Took out a radiator hose, the car was about to make a pitstop anyways. They have retired the car.

@MEC-777

LTT1.png

ltt2.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Now this is what I call "because racecar" 

nHKXQJX.jpg

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

well i haven't put either of those in the protege (i use amsoil tranny fluid in it) and i think it's pretty damn good.

6 hours ago, RatedBlam said:

lmao, but sriracha on pizza is actually pretty damn good.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D