Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Doesn't work for inclines tho.

Must go faster then.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Must go faster then.

At least this fast

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

She wants a 4 door quite badly, but doesn't have her heart set on one. We'll just have to see how things play out

If she gets a mini van make some babies to make having it worth while :P

Just now, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

If she gets a mini van make some babies to make having it worth while :P

She doesn't have her baby maker anymore. Caused her issues after my sister was born in 01

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

She doesn't have her baby maker anymore. Caused her issues after my sister was born in 01

Oh damn well see if they have a sale of baby dolls to put on the seats then...scratch that that would make her look really creepy.

Just now, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Oh damn well see if they have a sale of baby dolls to put on the seats then...scratch that that would make her look really creepy.

That would be a hilarious prank though

4 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

At least this fast

-snip-

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

That would be a hilarious prank though

even funnier if the babies stared out the windows and had creepy faces.

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

She wants a 4 door quite badly, but doesn't have her heart set on one. We'll just have to see how things play out

mazdaspeed 6? awd, manual, still comfortable, plus, turbo. even if the awd system is fwd biased, it can still be fun.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

even funnier if the babies stared out the windows and had creepy faces.

mazdaspeed 6? awd, manual, still comfortable, plus, turbo. even if the awd system is fwd biased, it can still be fun.

What about a SRT8 Charger?

2 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Those are amazing, by Chrysler quality is pretty bad. :(

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

There are SRT8 versions of them? o_O

Yep. 430hp 6.1L hemis!

IIRC the Magnum SRT8 got the same engine, though those are a bit more rare.

2008-magnum-srt.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

10 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Or @RevoltTrain SRT8 300

Possible, but unlikely, when she goes American 9/10 times she will go GM. Just how she was raised. She has owned a single Ford and loved it, but that was also 20 years ago, don't know how likely something non Chevy from the US would be. Elsewise she'd probably just go Mustang and call it a day even though it's a 2 door.

She said she'd prefer a 4 door but a 2 door wouldn't be out of the question

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Possible, but unlikely, when she goes American 9/10 times she will go GM. Just how she was raised. She has owned a single Ford and loved it, but that was also 20 years ago, don't know how likely something non Chevy from the US would be. Elsewise she'd probably just go Mustang and call it a day even though it's a 2 door.

Then go with the GT350R >:)

look at my last reply. the mazdaspeed 6 might work, no?

13 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@AlwaysFSX Kinda like the SRT10 Rams

Never knew there were SRT8 versions of the 300. The Rams were pretty cool though.

i would hate to be this guy.

It'll be interesting to eventually see what she goes with. But it won't be for a little while, and at the end of the day it's her decision. It's her money, her vehicle, and at the end of the day, her choice 

It'll be interesting to eventually see what she goes with. But it won't be for a little while, and at the end of the day it's her decision. It's her money, her vehicle, and at the end of the day, her choice 

I'm rooting for a Chevy SS with some redonkulous exhaust. :D

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm rooting for a Chevy SS with some redonkulous exhaust. :D

You and me both

Some asshole in a lifted pickup truck was tailing me (bumper to bumper) with his xenon headlights in the brights setting. Couldn't see out of my rear or side view mirrors. Why would you buy a truck that big then lift it just for use in the suburbs? (rant over) 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/