Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, Mister2010 said:

Remi Gillard is amazing :D 

maybe with tinted windows they are good .. but meh ... dont like cold seats in the winter and dont like hot seats in the summer .... its bad enough as it is with black seats xD 

The cold seats I don't need to worry about, but I've got a tan interior, so it could be worse for sure

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

She wants to get rid of it and get a fun car. She's been thinking BMW, Z33, Chevy SS, Evo, stuff like that

but lemme guess, not enough funds? or what's holding her back?

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

Remi Gillard is amazing :D 

maybe with tinted windows they are good .. but meh ... dont like cold seats in the winter and dont like hot seats in the summer .... its bad enough as it is with black seats xD 

i don't know why people hate cold leather seats in winter. i actually kinda don't mind it. and besides, some cars have heated leather seats, so it's nice. but i don't see much an issue with cold leather seats.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

18 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

For some reason a Honda Odyssey owner decided to slam his mini van. Kinda funny to see tbh.

16 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I kinda like slammed minivans, SUVs, and wagons.

Something about long, low vehicles just seems so right

15 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i honestly wanna take a newer minivan, put some 19 inch rotiforms, and airbag it. there's this account on instagram with @ vankulture and it's actually full of pretty nice minivans.

Boom, it's done. It's his wife's van and she's surprisingly okay with it haha. Pretty sure Vankulture shared my post on their page as well.

Meet: Fitted Toronto 2016

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Just now, terrytek said:

i don't know why people hate cold leather seats in winter. i actually kinda don't mind it. and besides, some cars have heated leather seats, so it's nice. but i don't see much an issue with cold leather seats.

She's looking, but she's not gonna settle for anything other than near perfect after the issues she's had with the Impala. Really hope she doesn't go Z33, would be torture to see one in the driveway everyday with how badly I want one

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

so i just saw this on instagram and i kinda chuckled.

https://instagram.com/p/BMmGrdHgJAc/

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, chaozbandit said:

Boom, it's done. It's his wife's van and she's surprisingly okay with it haha. Pretty sure Vankulture shared my post on their page as well.

Ew those rims are gaudy as hell. Yet again I dont like Honda in general and would only own one of their cars.

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Good luck going over a speed bump.

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Actually really like it, usually I don't like wheels like that, but on a bagged white whale, I like it, a lot

Just now, Canada EH said:

Bags m8

Just now, Canada EH said:

Thats style

Well they raise it when driving, I'd never drive a car that low static anywhere but a track. Just unsafe for street use

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

The cold seats I don't need to worry about, but I've got a tan interior, so it could be worse for sure

but i do love my parents car ... its really awesome for what it is 

2001 Volvo S40 1.8 with a 5speed manual and nearly all of the extras (most likely in the color "Blackberry" not sure on this )

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

if your avg winter was around -10C to -20C ... you wouldnt like cold seats either ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

She's looking, but she's not gonna settle for anything other than near perfect after the issues she's had with the Impala. Really hope she doesn't go Z33, would be torture to see one in the driveway everyday with how badly I want one

why not chevy ss? seats 5, available in a manual, rwd, and it's got an ls v8. basically a modern american e39 m5 that the impala should've been

3 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

airbags man. raise and lower with the press of a button.

Just now, terrytek said:

why not chevy ss? seats 5, available in a manual, rwd, and it's got an ls v8. basically a modern american e39 m5 that the impala should've been

airbags man. raise and lower with the press of a button.

She's looking at them, but she has a soft spot for BMWs. She really wants me to get a straight piped E36 as a project let me remind you. But she's keeping an open mind when it comes to this next car. 

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Just go faster. :ph34r:

That works too. Just sketchy

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

She's looking at them, but she has a soft spot for BMWs. She really wants me to get a straight piped E36 as a project let me remind you. But she's keeping an open mind when it comes to this next car. 

e90 m3 sedan? screaming v8, roomy, another sedan you can get in a manual, and they are comfy, being a bmw. the only downside would be the price for one i assume. still around 30 grand on the low end.

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

e90 m3 sedan? screaming v8, roomy, another sedan you can get in a manual, and they are comfy, being a bmw. the only downside would be the price for one i assume. still around 30 grand on the low end.

Yeah I highly doubt she's going to be dropping 30K on a car. Let alone a second hand one

I mean, the only way she'd daily it year round is if she went the AWD route (Evo or similar) so I know she won't be dropping 30K on a 3 season car

That works too. Just sketchy

Oh I thought we were past caring about the van being sketchy, lol.

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Yeah I highly doubt she's going to be dropping 30K on a car. Let alone a second hand one

but you said your mom was potentially looking at the new chevy ss, but that costs north of 40 grand. so i'm sure an e90 m3 isn't foo far of a reach. if you're lucky, you might find one or two for under 30 grand. but for 30 grand you get something like this http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5842733108.html like under 70k miles, manual, clean title, all stock, perfect base for a couple bolt ons.

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

but you said your mom was potentially looking at the new chevy ss, but that costs north of 40 grand. so i'm sure an e90 m3 isn't foo far of a reach. if you're lucky, you might find one or two for under 30 grand. but for 30 grand you get something like this http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5842733108.html like under 70k miles, manual, clean title, all stock, perfect base for a couple bolt ons.

Family owns a dealership and would be willing to give her a good deal on a used SS. She got her Impala (2009 model, in 2011) as it was for $6500. With 60K, granted it had issues, but still. She got one hell of a deal and would again on another Chevy at the family dealer

Good news! AMG GT3s are finally entering the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship in 2017! They are being run by Riley Motorsports, which means Riley are no longer going to run their old #33 Viper GT3R (sadly).

@MEC-777

In case that #33 livery looks familiar - yes, it's the same guys that ran the #33 911 GT3R who ragequit because the GTD Porsches were incredibly hard to drive and had bad BOP. MacNeil and Jeanette have since reported positive feedback from testing the AMG GT3s at Hockenheim in the off-season.

ryepv8q02coeby6uqiqn.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Just go faster. :ph34r:

Doesn't work for inclines tho.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Family owns a dealership and would be willing to give her a good deal on a used SS. She got her Impala as it was for $6500. With 60K, granted it had issues, but still. She got one hell of a deal and would again on another Chevy at the family dealer

hmm, maybe camaro ss? granted, it's not a sedan, but it's chevy, and it's probably a blast to drive.

Just now, terrytek said:

hmm, maybe camaro ss? granted, it's not a sedan, but it's chevy, and it's probably a blast to drive.

She wants a 4 door quite badly, but doesn't have her heart set on one. We'll just have to see how things play out