Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

14 minutes ago, terrytek said:

those are kooky and i like those. but i want the mazdaspeed version even more (yes, there was a mazdaspeed version of the car).

that is the mazda speed version

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

22 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97

~snip~

Don't know why. But I thought of Fast and the Furious, and the whole "You owe me a 10 second car".

Imagine showing up with a Miata as that 10 second car.

9 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Don't know why. But I thought of Fast and the Furious, and the whole "You owe me a 10 second car".

Imagine showing up with a Miata as that 10 second car.

It'd probably go even faster if it has nitrous and race compound tires. I just wouldn't feel that confident pushing 800hp in a NB chassis because it gets pretty hairy. Just look at the drifters and how they struggle with that wheelbase.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Anyone know where I can get a limited slip diff for a 2008 F-150?

This thing is fun in the rain since you can get it sideways but it doesn't like to hook up and go when you're at a standstill. Kind of annoying when one wheel is spinning and the truck isn't getting onto the lane you want.

6 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I used to have a Calico cat named Patches, now I have a German Shepherd / Corgi mix named Max that turned 1 year old in June

He's so short, he comes up to my knee when standing all the way up

The little one in the pic of my 3 cats is named Patches.  She likes to sleep on me.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

This thing is fun in the rain since you can get it sideways but it doesn't like to hook up and go when you're at a standstill. Kind of annoying when one wheel is spinning and the truck isn't getting onto the lane you want.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/f150-carrier-cases-0914.html

I've spent more than a few $ at American Muscle.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

3 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/f150-carrier-cases-0914.html

I've spent more than a few $ at American Muscle.

Need an '08 tho.

Did Ford not make a posi-trac for this gen? I can't find it on the site.

Maybe an e-locker but that would stress the hell out of the axles if I left it on.

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Need an '08 tho.

Maybe an e-locker but that would stress the hell out of the axles if I left it on.

Derp. I dont know why I went to the 09 gen. My bad.

Interesting. Both american muscle and CJ pony parts dont list any differential options for that 08's. Not sure what's up with that. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

20 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I don't know why I started looking at LSD's for my BMW now. I really don't think that I am in need of one...

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97

-snip-

I used to hate NB's. Now I own one. 

They look so much better after you see them in person. My goodness I would love that car...

I WANT THAT STEERING WHEEL STITCHING!!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

52 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

The little one in the pic of my 3 cats is named Patches.  She likes to sleep on me.

My cat Patches would always sit on the top of my chair whenever I was at my computer, and would always sleep at the foot of my bed. No matter what point in the day she was never more than 10 feet away, I'll try to find a picture of her real quick

Edit: Found a picture of Patches

7UtaXao.jpg

:D

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

32 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

They look so much better after you see them in person. My goodness I would love that car...

i have that same exact steering wheel on the protege, albeit without that fancy stitching. come to think of it, i don't think i've seen the protege's steering wheel naked, since it's always been covered with some steering wheel cover. i mean the cover itself is quite nice, with raised (like 3mm) bumps at the 10, 2, and 6 o clock positions, and a zip tie at the 12 o clock position. but i want to try and restitch the wheel if i can.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

kind of auto-related.

I have an un-popular opinion.

Quite often with custom fabrication on cars, the most beautiful part of an entire build is the attention to detail when it comes to the welds.

aaeb966e7d46a966ea3dc91aa0eedd26.jpg

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

NCs are still my least favorite. Used to not like NDs but I saw one in person and it looks really good. Will look even better with that hard top next year.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

15 minutes ago, vetali said:

NCs are still my least favorite. Used to not like NDs but I saw one in person and it looks really good. Will look even better with that hard top next year.

Agreed! The ND looks sweet. The modability is meh though... and they aren't selling well :( could be the last miata who knows?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

27 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

The modability is meh though...

Car DRM, lack of aftermarket interest, or what?

The Miata RF is one of very few new cars I'd actually consider if I was able to purchase a new car.  I'd have to get rid of that nasty screen in the middle of the dash though.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

I'm actually sorta tempted to throw in an LSD now if I ever have a large chunk of money to spare...

7 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Need an '08 tho.

7 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Derp. I dont know why I went to the 09 gen. My bad.

Interesting. Both american muscle and CJ pony parts dont list any differential options for that 08's. Not sure what's up with that. 

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/differential-carriers/year/2008/make/ford/model/f-150/aftermarket-carrier-style/limited-slip

I thought they used the same differential but probably not. Summit Racing has LSDs for an 08. They're so much fun.

16 hours ago, techswede said:

+ He linked this

https://www.blocket.se/lulea/Nissan_s14__Steg_3___Massa_godis_och_delar_68465273.htm?ca=16&w=3

It would be such a bitch to register the damn thing.. 

The power increase alone requires it to be registered as an amateur built vehicle.. 

Lol! The starlet was registered as "pro built custom" because i built it at the rally shop and then i had the owner sign some papers saying that i paid them to build it xD (made it cheaper to register and there is no way to prove that they didnt build it)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

10 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Dan's camaro sounds so good after he got new cams, headers and a tune. (I know it is quite a while ago but i havent been all too active on youtube lately)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600