Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

In america. some enthusiasts who own german cars put customized german plates, like "low n slow". they're mostly the ones who own jettas/a4s. but i'm considering putting one on my car.

Its your car. Vanity plates are mostly just a waste of money though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

GUYS!!! My friend just sent me this... These tires were $1200 for a set not even a week ago. He just bought 4 of them... Best deal I've ever seen, he's soooo lucky lol. He was going to get Pilot Super Sports but this was wayyyy too good of a deal to pass up

OMGTIREDEAL.thumb.png.8c0a3acf6729024f0c

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

GUYS!!! My friend just sent me this... These tires were $1200 for a set not even a week ago. He just bought 4 of them... Best deal I've ever seen, he's soooo lucky lol. He was going to get Pilot Super Sports but this was wayyyy too good of a deal to pass up

Lucky bastard. If i was in his shoes i would've bought four sets. One for me. Three for resale xD

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Its your car. Vanity plates are mostly just a waste of money though

i like them. they add a personal touch to your car.

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

OMGTIREDEAL.thumb.png.8c0a3acf6729024f0c

holy fuck. but i feel like there's something wrong with these tires for them to be stupid cheap.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i like them. they add a personal touch to your car.

holy fuck. but i feel like there's something wrong with these tires for them to be stupid cheap.

Bad NEW tires from Tire Rack? Never heard of that. they probably had extras to get rid of. 

get this, 275/35R19 is $316.25 PER TIRE. EXACT SAME TIRE. right now! LOLOLOL

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

11 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Shit man I wish we got them that cheap.

9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

That shipping cost though...

I'm getting these once I find some wheels. Can probably get them at 70 bucks a tire, free shipping to my shop.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Bad NEW tires from Tire Rack? Never heard of that. they probably had extras to get rid of. 

get this, 275/35R19 is $316.25 PER TIRE. EXACT SAME TIRE. right now! LOLOLOL

oh it said 2012 production. maybe they needed to get rid of it because it wasn't new enough to keep in stock.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

oh it said 2012 production. maybe they needed to get rid of it because it wasn't new enough to keep in stock.

their loss is our gain. Wish There were more sales like that. I mean that's like me getting tires for my car for $15 each, brand new haha

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I don't know what that is.

But i need it in my livingroom. Preferably underneath a glass table

7 hours ago, Atmos said:

no but it does get made from them! 

honestly wish i could get money that easy, ive got a crippled nsx and 67 impala in my drive without the funds to patch em back up. 

nsx? Whats wrong with it? Picture?

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, techswede said:

I don't know what that is.

But i need it in my livingroom. Preferably underneath a glass table

Planetary gearset. Thats pretty much what makes up the "gears" in an automatic transmission. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

19 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

nsx? Whats wrong with it? Picture?

Story is a long one, let's see if I can nab it from the last time I posted it.

JESUS CHRIST THAT SPOILER SHIT GOT SCREWED UP xD

Spoiler

On 9/14/2015 at 7:24 PM, terrytek said:

Wait, serious damage, almost totaled?? What the hell happened? pictures pls, so i can cry at them and flip off the idiot who hit it.

Well, this is going to be a wall of text. I was getting ready for the LTT meat-up, had gotten time off from my classes at university, and from work. Then after a couple members here in the car thread expressed interest in seeing my car, I decided that's what I would take up on the trip to Vancouver. So i got it all dressed back up, front and rear bumpers installed back on, registration sorted out, and got my exhaust back on, then washed and waxed it. To show off a bit, cause I'm an asshole, me and a couple friends went out for a drive, me in my nsx, my mate in his 69 Le mans, and my other friend in his 2015 mustang gt. We stopped at an intersection out in the fields, and pulled off the road onto the dirt, where we sat for a bit, sitting on the backs of our cars deciding where to go, or which route to take that would be the most interesting. I had been leaning over the back right side of my car checking the map on my phone, when my friends decided we would take mulholland to pch, for a bit of windy mountain roads, and then coastal stretches. It was getting late, so we wanted to get there quickly. Just as I got back in my car and strapped in I heard screeching and then I don't actually really remember what happened directly after. I woke up on my back on the opposite side of the road, my car in the ditch and my friends trying desperately to see if I was ok. Turns out some drunk had come speeding down the roads, took the turn too fast and side-swiped the back left corner of my car, almost right where I had been standing moments before. No doubt if I had still been there, I would have been killed, my car had spun onto the road, and down into a irrigation ditch on the other side. My beautiful nsx has some frame damage to the rear, the exhaust is for bust, my gas tank is for bust, the engine got out ok, but only just, and the rear drive shaft will need to be replaced. Myself, I got out with a broken wrist, 2 herniated discs in my lower back, and exasperated herniated disc (I already had one herniated disc, totaling now 3), and a couple broken ribs. Anyway, of course that stopped me from being able to make it to the meet up, and left my car in shambles. I really would like to go out and take some pictures and be like, "HA! I survived that shit, ahaha, look at my car, damn awesome nsx (generic e-peen comment)", but even just recalling the incident makes me sick, thinking about how close I was to dying that day. If i ever decide to get rid of it, I'll take a couple photos and throw them on here, as a memorial to the once great machine ;-;

TLDR: Drunk side swiped me, wrecked the car and me, stopped me from going to LTT Meet-up, would love to take pictures but too sickening to look at the car at this time and think how close i was to dying.

On 9/14/2015 at 7:23 PM, Maybach123 said:

thats a great deal considering a 2013 evora goes for about 40k-50k

Precisely why I'm still considering it. Have had a lot of work done to my car, and it's still fairly low mileage, I could maybe nab about 55k for it, if it wasn't so fucked up.

By the by, after this long it's still just sitting under a tarp in my yard, there's just no motivation to go work on it or dump even more money into it. It's like a parent losing a child, but keeping their room exactly the way it was for years afterwards. 

Wow that got depressing .-.

edit: oh, also should mention I need new rear suspension, new set of tires/rims, and body panels. all oif that is for bust when 1/4th of the car is basically a crushed tin can.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

30 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Story is a long one, let's see if I can nab it from the last time I posted it.

JESUS CHRIST THAT SPOILER SHIT GOT SCREWED UP xD

Hidden Content

Man, i feel sorry for your car! 

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

13 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Man, i feel sorry for your car! 

rofl, inevitably everyone says the same thing. Its actually hilarious, when i was in the hospital after the wreck my gf at the time was out of town, as soon as i could i sent her a text with a picture my friend took of the car in the ditch and me being loaded into the ambulance. Her first response was something like "oh no! but your car was so awesome!" shortly after she realized that some had to be... inside it... but you know. 

anyway yea... that thing is just gonna have to live out there for a bit longer until i can get another job

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

i have deep regrett for my choice of music this morning.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y-NaW-WK3E

(almost gave me a speeding ticket because my moped is old and faster than the modern mopeds and my friend wanted to race me with his new lump of plastic + the song inspired me to "floor it")

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 hour ago, Atmos said:

rofl, inevitably everyone says the same thing. Its actually hilarious, when i was in the hospital after the wreck my gf at the time was out of town, as soon as i could i sent her a text with a picture my friend took of the car in the ditch and me being loaded into the ambulance. Her first response was something like "oh no! but your car was so awesome!" shortly after she realized that some had to be... inside it... but you know.

anyway yea... that thing is just gonna have to live out there for a bit longer until i can get another job

you have to fix it, its a JDM legend, you cant let it die!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

10 hours ago, techswede said:

Yeah those are the newer ones.

Looks like an US plate. With swedish vanity stuff on it. (Just grabbed it because it was funny.)

There are quite a few vanity plates around though.

going to get vanity plates for my moped if they ever get legalized here. C-380 (just because it is a tempo Corvette 380)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

My car is completely frosted over. Yay

cant wait to leave in... 13 minutes. And I still need to fix my hair xD

Spoiler

Anyone know when the Nissan IDX is slated to go into production? It's a car I'm really excited for and it looks like it would be good competition for the BRZ (Also love them a ton)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB