Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

12 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

i have managed to keep it from  rusting but Montana is different than nj. i actually have not been to Montana closest thing to it i have been to is dear valley Utah 

Depending on what area you live in the salt is insane

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

7 minutes ago, techswede said:

Because money grows on trees right 9_9

no but it does get made from them! 

honestly wish i could get money that easy, ive got a crippled nsx and 67 impala in my drive without the funds to patch em back up. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Atmos said:

honestly wish i could get money that easy, ive got a crippled nsx and 67 impala in my drive without the funds to patch em back up. 

Nowadays money is mostly just numbers on a screen. A few clicks and pressing some keys is all it would take to make someone a billionaire or to make a billionaire poor.

I just wish i had a job. But if i finish my studies i'll hopefully have a well paying job in the future. Then i could have a crippled impala of my own

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

25 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I haven't been able to find SHIT. You might look into finding a turbo off of a VW tdi.

Don't really get what you want to tell me with that. Are Holset's used in VW TDI's?

24 minutes ago, Icuw1pc said:

chevy 498 that I've been working on for the last 5 years., I don't have that yet nor am I close to that lol

I've got papers and video of dyno lol

Also I didn't say I could do that, it's just a goal of mine to get that much power out of my K30.. Plus unlike some people I've got a good job and I've got plenty of pennies for new tires :)

Good luck with your goal! How much does the engine have right now?

For me, I want to do a 7:xx time on the NOS when I'm done with the car, so at some point the engine isn't that important other than it has to be reliable :)

17 minutes ago, Atmos said:
3 minutes ago, TheTiger said:

Don't really get what you want to tell me with that. Are Holset's used in VW TDI's?

Good luck with your goal! How much does the engine have right now?

For me, I want to do a 7:xx time on the NOS when I'm done with the car, so at some point the engine isn't that important other than it has to be reliable :)

For me I don't do anything crazy because this baby is often my daily driving and I use it to haul.

She makes a little over 500hp and 550-600tq depending on the fuel.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

6 hours ago, Strando123 said:

It isnt a horrible prossesor, i love mine with the custom watercooling it dosent get that hot either.

My 8350 can hit 5GHz stable. I usually put it there when editing GoPro footage or F@H. That's the only times I need it there

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

My 8350 can hit 5GHz stable. I usually put it there when editing GoPro footage or F@H. That's the only times I need it there

Meanwhile my 3770k conks out after 4.7 -_-

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

I just keep it at 4.6GHz for normal use. Which is more than I normally need anyway

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

I just keep it at 4.6GHz for normal use. Which is more than I normally need anyway

Mine is at stock speeds at the moment. (ASRock board. Not sure how it will handle an overclock)

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

After I get some replacement ddr3 ram I'm hoping to push for 5ghz on a 212 evo but I don't think it's gonna make it

I'd recommend a Dark Rock Pro 3. Sucks to install, but it works like a dream and keeps my CPU super cold

10 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

After I get some replacement ddr3 ram I'm hoping to push for 5ghz on a 212 evo but I don't think it's gonna make it

7 minutes ago, techswede said:

You guys should start a chat or post a new topic....completely off topic of this post.

Just now, Icuw1pc said:

You guys should start a chat or post a new topic....completely off topic of this post.

This happens all the time. We turn around to cars everytime

2 minutes ago, Icuw1pc said:

This is my thread. I do what i want

73e518890908f5214f73186d28dd44b7.jpg

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

This is true. Also I'm not going to put any money into my old 3770k and mobo and cooler. I've gut my x79 as a main system now so at this point I'm not worried about it getting too hot. 

Even though I built my system less than 2 years ago, the parts are aging for sure. More than likely going to build a brand new high end system this year. Been thinking of doing something along these lines. Rather spend a lot off the bat and not have to update it for a long time than go cheap and want to update every year.

(Probably not this case. Just a filler)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rpXJYJ

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Even though I built my system less than 2 years ago, the parts are aging for sure. More than likely going to build a brand new high end system this year. Been thinking of doing something along these lines. Rather spend a lot off the bat and not have to update it for a long time than go cheap and want to update every year.

(Probably not this case. Just a filler)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rpXJYJ

Ouch.. that price 

I'm not going to upgrade for a long while. (And i'm getting an oculus.. So my budget will be shot)

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm happy with my x79 system. Just gonna a rma the bad ram and then get a 3960x this summer. 

I wish i could upgrade my cpu. But I'm on Z77. Which is pretty much a dead chipset now :(

5 minutes ago, TheTiger said:

No! I've been trying to resist getting an UrQuattro for so long! 

GOOD NEWS - the Dacia Sandero is coming to Cana- no, jk.

NISSAN NORTH AMERICA Considering Prototype Re-Entry for 2017

It's no secret that the lucratively-expensive LMP1 program carried out by the Nissan-NISMO parent was deemed a failure, especially with the abrupt cancellation and massive layoffs that came at the end of 2015. However, the Japanese marque still sees much success throughout Europe (ELMS, WEC) with regards to it's LMP2 programmes even though they take up more of an engine supplier role in that case, with their highly successful V8s finding homes in Oreca 03s, 05s, Zytek Z11SN/Gibson 015S, and Ligier JS P2s to name a few. It should come to no surprise that with the new LMP2 formula due for 2017, a joint venture between IMSA and the ACO, Nissan is exploring the possibility of returning to premiere league racing. After all, it wouldn't be the first time a Nissan powered prototype was competing in North America as the last was the Nissan-powered Oreca 03 run by Muscle Milk Pickett Racing in 2014 (aka first year of TUSC).

At this point there is no word on whether their current V8 LMP2 (code VK45DE) engines would be elligible for the new P2 formula, however their twin-turbo V6 from the GTR-LM could be a viable option. The ~600hp 3.0L V6-TT (pictured below) would most likely result in a derivative for the next generation GT-R and thus can be reworked into the upcoming FIA GT3 specification, whatever becomes of that.

16723469925_094f6d0366_oa.jpg

For those not in the know, you might be wondering how that can be. Let me explain.

Daytona Prototype International (DPi) is the upcoming prototype class set to debut in 2017 for the (Weather Tech) SportsCar Championship. Designed to displace the current aging Daytona Prototypes (Coyote, Dallara, Riley), the DPi formula will call for chassis being produced exclusively by the following constructors: Dallara, Onroak Automotive, ORECA, and Riley/Multimatic Motorsports. The new LMP2 chassis would be elligible for top-class honours in several series including but not limited to IMSA WTSC, ELMS, AsLMS, WEC, and the 24H du Mans. Each of the prospective cars will ship to customers with constructor specific bodywork with engine options restricted depending upon where the car will compete. This is where DPi starts to diverge from LMP2 a tad bit.

DPi is IMSA's baby and hopes to fill the void created by a lack of regular top tier, world class racing (the 1 stop at COTA by F1 and WEC don't count). In a bid attract more manufacturer interest, IMSA has been allowed to open up the ACO placed restrictions on bodywork and will allow engine manufacturers to supplement their own bespoke panels to improve brand identity. In addition, teams (works or otherwise) will have free reign on what engines they want to stick in the 4 prospective chassis, with Cadillac (GM), Honda, and Mazda being the current confirmed options. On the fence as of now are Bentley and Nissan.

So there you have it, how Nissan could "potentially" return to prototype racing. Remember that huge layoff via email that shut down the LMP1 program? Turns out they were smart enough to retain some of their assets including their facilities in Indianapolis and some key personnel. The financial costs are also expected to be a fraction of what their LMP1 programme was costing them. By the looks of it, the 3.0L TTV6 (code VRX30) was more or less sorted during their late-season testing and it was just the ERS holding them back. Nissan's newly appointed marketing and operations VP for North America Christian Meunier will most likely be forming a program in the coming months, as the first 2017-spec cars are due for release by Q4. The last time a Nissan-works team won a prototype championship in this part of the world was 25 years ago in IMSA's old GTP class.

source: http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/125874-imsa-nissan-considering-prototype-program-for-2017

-the below is extra info not related to nissan-

There is currently a fall-out between IMSA and the ACO regarding the 2017 spec. You see, IMSA already has LMP1 as their top dog in prototype and would like to keep LMP2 as the privateer, spec series. IMSA however doesn't have the luxury of a thriving billion dollar LMP1 programme to fill it's ranks and aren't particularly keen on having a spec LMP2 above it's GTE/GT3 classes. Now you see where all the differentiation comes into play with the intent of luring multiple engine manufacturers into the series, however in recent press releases IMSA have expressed their wishes to go beyond just several engines and bespoke bodywork and are keen on increasing the dimensions of the chassis to allow for more tech advances, barring any potential ERS systems of course. 

As you can imagine, the ACO aren't too happy about this. IMSA relies heavily on manufacturer participation and without the income of cash, the slow decline in the prototype class would continue the downward trend that it has been seeing over the last decade. Hell, even when Grand-Am was paying teams to compete in prototype they were still losing money. The proposed changes would place DPi above LMP2 and would start to encrouch on LMP1, essentially becoming a pseudo LMP1-L. Not only that but the larger dimensions of DPi cars would mean that the constructor bodywork required to compete outside of North America would be illegal by series standards even if the constructors scaled up the panels to the new dimensions. For more info, check out this article: http://sportscar365.com/features/commentary/dagys-imsa-aco-at-crossroads-over-lmp2-future/

TBH I think what IMSA is doing would do good for the sport here. More manufacturer diversity, especially with the new formulae, would only do good for motorsports here and ACO are holding them back. Who cares if they can't compete in Europe - with the boom of TUSC and now WTSC, IMSA have clearly shown that the merger has been a success. The fact that they caught the attention of legends such as Bentley and Nissan show they've opened doors going forward. Just look at what has happened with the change in GTD to GT3 machinery (just ignore the oops caused by the BOP).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, TheTiger said:

Always wanted one, my dad had one when he was young...wish he never sold it :(

I have driven a few. And i wanted one since i was a kid aswell.  (Group B and all that)

There was a guy around here that had a 600bhp monster. Scary fast and fun

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

No! I've been trying to resist getting an UrQuattro for so long! 

i want one so baaaad 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, Strando123 said:

On the topic of turbos, am i the only person here that likes flame spitting anti-lag and LOUD bov sounds?

love love love LOVE blow off and anti lag systems. sounds like a machine gun is going off in your car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

I have driven a few. And i wanted one since i was a kid aswell.  (Group B and all that)

There was a guy around here that had a 600bhp monster. Scary fast and fun

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i want one so baaaad 

Full Album from the EMS 2015, when I was there :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.435295376680525.1073741833.342896172587113&type=3

12304453_435298760013520_799446346209893

12322631_435298766680186_441592575105374

12309829_435304216679641_778873664277619