Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, TheTiger said:

That last one <3

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, TheTiger said:

Short wheelbase, they're so fucking expensive if you're even able to get your hands on one :o

Nothing a grinder with a cutting wheel can't fix ;)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, TheTiger said:

Short wheelbase, they're so fucking expensive if you're even able to get your hands on one :o

speedhunters managed to get their hands on one. and they have it as a special project car, so to say. and it's going pretty well too.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

47 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm happy with my x79 system. Just gonna a rma the bad ram and then get a 3960x this summer. 

im running x79 as well just refreshed cpu 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

im running x79 as well just refreshed cpu 

X79 master race? 4930k over here.

i have a question for the non usa car thread members out there just wondering but do vanity plates exist in your countries or is that a usa only kind of thing? might sound like a stupid question but i just thought of it and cant recall seeing any in France or Switzerland when i was visiting 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

This ad for a renault made me laugh

3308476152.jpg

Sensitive readers are warned. My aversion to French cars as a phenomenon could be heard in the offensive formulations.
This particular vehicle is not any worse than any other French-produced car. But I'll be honest: It's a Renault. Scenic,
which probably means cerebral hemorrhage in french.
I have been punished for past sins with the task of selling this on my late father's estates behalf.

The two most recent owners have actually left the car in his estate, but do not worry, it's probably just a strange coincidence.
This is therefore an offensively ugly four-wheel drive crossover, which according to me should've gotten crossed over at the conceptual stage.

Like most French-made vehicles that is. French automobile designers should be drug tested daily and French-made cars in general should be terror stamped.
Tax paid and it has been inspected (I thank my sponsors Mekonomen and psychiatric care in Örnsköldsvik).
Functioning air conditioner, which has a priority to maintain good temperature in a small area in front of the gear lever that could just hold a small vinpava

and a jar of frog legs.
Removable tow bar. Sorry to Mekonomen Workshop on Köpmanholmen,

I did not think it was enough to just make an appointment to make the workshop burn down.

I fixed the tow bar and the power steering pipe myself, hope it goes well with the clean-up.
Lots of electronic bling-bling that actually works if you say a little prayer before touching any button,

except the stereo nagging about some secret password. I can't speak French, so I never got it started.

Even the electric windows work on all four side windows and two roof hatches. Still
Five separate black leather chairs. If you pull the wrong lever they disengage from the floor and fold up into a small package that fits in a lady's handbag.

And speaking of ladies, There is a lot of cargo space with the seats out, so you can easily spend an entire month's salary at IKEA.

If you max out your credit you can also put a few flat boxes on the roof rack that is included.
Spare wheel and cap unmounted in the pictures, but are flawless. Just as flawless as the factory anyway.

Good Hakka studded tires. It comes with eight summer (nine with reserve) too. all on the original alloy wheel.
The clutch has been changed not too many miles ago after a failed attempt to pull a truck trailer.

The ground clearance and long flapping shift lever probably gave the driver a delusion that he was sitting in a Scania.
The ground clearance and skidplates is by the way excellent properties if you would like to drive it far, far out in the woods where no one can find it.
Whoever got the worst of life and wants to flaunt their unhappiness to induce empathy in their fellow men

will certainly not pass up the chance to cruise around in a Renault!
Twelve thousand, cheaper if you go through with the purchase. No ridiculous demands for quick deal or something.

Just as long as I do not have to keep it on the farm, it has a bad influence on the other vehicles in my collection.
Don't you dare try to haggle! I'll do that for you. Just buy it.

5 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

i have a question for the non usa car thread members out there just wondering but do vanity plates exist in your countries or is that a usa only kind of thing? might sound like a stupid question but i just thought of it and cant recall seeing any in France or Switzerland when i was visiting 

Yup.. Here's an example

fet_kuk.jpg

(It means "fatcock")

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

Yup.. Here's an example

(It means "fatcock")

cool what country is that one from? 

Just now, Maybach123 said:

cool what country is that one from? is Sweden?

Yup. Good old politically correct sweden..

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

This is a nice little gem you have found. Gold.

I think i could get along with the guy xD

man i wish my family would get vanity plates. then i can put "BAG O SHT" on our minivan, because it is a bag of shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Photo from the Top Gear production meeting via Chris Evans.

CHRIS HARRIS CONFIRMED?

hy5a2bagg9sw0hztutpp.gif

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Photo from the Top Gear production meeting via Chris Evans.

CHRIS HARRIS CONFIRMED?

Enhance! Enhance! xD

10 minutes ago, techswede said:

Yup. Good old politically correct sweden..

i thought Sweden has the long license plates that all of the European union has? unless thats an old plate 

sweden2012pair.jpg

5 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Pfft, they're only like 100 pounds. Just man handle it.

4 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

4-wheel disc ftw. ;)

tfw 4 wheel disc on shitbox level. ty based mazda. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

i thought Sweden has the long license plates that all of the European union has? unless thats an old plate 

Yeah those are the newer ones. 

Looks like an US plate. With swedish vanity stuff on it. (Just grabbed it because it was funny.)

There are quite a few vanity plates around though.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Oh god. My ceramics teacher has a mazda 3 with 4 wheel disks. It would be pretty pepy if they didn't feel like Ford brakes. All of those just feel like you're not going to stop. The pedal feel is not very good IMO.

old brake fluid? lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Oh god. My ceramics teacher has a mazda 3 with 4 wheel disks. It would be pretty pepy if they didn't feel like Ford brakes. All of those just feel like you're not going to stop. The pedal feel is not very good IMO.

Mine feel fine. Anyway corksport brakes are very expensive with little performance upgrade. Best thing to do is steel brake lines and good pads on these cars. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

Mine feel fine. Anyway corksport brakes are very expensive with little performance upgrade. Best thing to do is steel brake lines and good pads on these cars. 

don't know why, as it really makes no difference except for brake feel. But steel brake lines are banned in the stock classes for autocross here if your car didnt have them to start lol

But you can upgrade the sway bar and struts (not springs)!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Can't wait to go to GridLife this year. If you guys haven't heard of the event here's a video of last year's. 

Here's another one

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

15 minutes ago, techswede said:

Yeah those are the newer ones. 

Looks like an US plate. With swedish vanity stuff on it. (Just grabbed it because it was funny.)

There are quite a few vanity plates around though.

In america. some enthusiasts who own german cars put customized german plates, like "low n slow". they're mostly the ones who own jettas/a4s. but i'm considering putting one on my car.