Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Oh, i didn't realize it was actually photoshopped. I didn't realize it was a 4runner front end.

lol. I thought it was quite obvious

D334DJO.png

still better than I could do...

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

lol. I thought it was quite obvious

-snips-

still better than I could do...

Why are the mirrors different? Damn Matrix breaking on us...

I like it. I might be biased. I love Taco's

The face looks kinda like it ate something sour but it isn't ugly and is classily aggressive.

Does the back look a little Dodge Ram/Dakota-ish?

I agree. I don't know if Nissan will have a different North American truck soon (Frontier), but this is what they sell over here (though the pic shows leaf springs, it uses a 5-link rear end for most markets):

2015-nissan-navara-01.jpg

2015-nissan-navara-04.jpg2015-nissan-navara-44.jpg

I feel that Nissan will make something else for North America. I think American buyers will find the bed too short.

@AlexStriz, my dad's GT-FOUR. This one is a 1994, the last year or the Homiligations.

206220_4134311127935_1598750732_n.jpg?oh

Gold wheels given it that extra 5kw xD

New Tacoma...

I think it's going the opposite direction to the Hilux. The Hilux is getting more car-like, while the Tacoma is becoming more truck-like.

I'd rank the Mitsubishi Triton the ugliest of the current breed of compact trucks from a major maker...

They certainly ruined it. The older model ones are alright, and in Australia, are so cheap compared to competition, and do exactly the same thing.

Personally I still think a Nissan GU patrol is the best truck. 33's and a 5 inch lift. Unfortunately I think they only came out in South Africa and Australia

post-42897-0-98039100-1421740043.jpg

Hideous. And we wonder why Mitsu is doing so bad..

Am I the only one that quite likes this?

don't know how good it is (not in the US), but it looks neat

It's pretty neat, but I don't think VW will be able to compete with other trucks like this that are already out. It would have to be hella cheap, and look at some of there other cars, I doubt that will happen.

post-42897-0-98039100-1421740043.jpg

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Speaking of pickups, 

my dad and I were looking at some old S30's a while back, and we came across this beautiful Datsun

462813_16077551_1978_Datsun_Pickup.jpg

I'll see if I can find the link with price/pics/description/etc

edit: found it - http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-for-sale/1978-datsun-6x6pickup-calabasas-ca-228193407 - anyone got a spare $15k?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I agree. I don't know if Nissan will have a different North American truck soon (Frontier), but this is what they sell over here:

I feel that Nissan will make something else for North America. I think American buyers will find the bed too short.

The Navara is the same thing as the Frontier last time I looked at it.

Speaking of pickups, 

my dad and I were looking at some old S30's a while back, and we came across this beautiful Datsun

I'll see if I can find the link with price/pics/description/etc

Reminds me of the TRex.

Dodge-Ram_T-Rex_Concept-1997-1600-01.jpg

I agree. I don't know if Nissan will have a different North American truck soon (Frontier), but this is what they sell over here (yes, it uses a 5-link rear end):

They better release a new Frontier. It's been like 3 years since a redesign.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Reminds me of the TRex.

Mercedes did something like that, only a lot bigger. And it aired on Top Gear at one point as well.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Mercedes did something like that, only a lot bigger. And it aired on Top Gear at one point as well.

Didn't it cost an exorbitant amount though...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

bruh

maxresdefault.jpg

(this is the Brabus one, but still)

Didn't it cost an exorbitant amount though...

I think it was like 300K.

bruh

maxresdefault.jpg

(this is the Brabus one, but still)

EXACTLY THIS. But in silver.

I think it was more than that.. like.. twice as much, if not more. I'm sure someone will find exact cost (I'm too lazy to look, plus I've gotten sidetracked and am now customizing an A45 on Brabus' site).

EXACTLY THIS. But in silver.

It was the G63 AMG 6x6.

Around $600k.....

System: Thinkpad T460

Why would anyone buy a Brabus? Like AMG wasn't mental enough....

Reminds me of the TRex.

The last Frontier is indeed almost the same as the last gen Navara. I just feel that the new Navara is a bit too small to compete with the Colorado/Canyon and the new Tacoma. The current Ranger (not sold in North America) is approaching the size of the F150.

For those insanely mental gearheads. Like Stig.

they have lots of money to spend on useless stuff... same as always

And RIP FJ  :blush:

~~

Eh, They weren't selling to well. I can see why Toyota pulled the plug, especially after how well it did the first year. Sales just plummeted. Shame. I quite liked them. Short wheelbase. Decent retro looks. Dat white roof :D

My friend's FJ40 is pretty cool though. 

And RIP FJ  :blush:

After 50 years. After 50 years. they no longer make them for the US market.

The current Ranger (not sold in North America) is approaching the size of the F150.

This is happening with everything. The new F80 3 is as big as our E39 5.. and Audi A4's have been bigger that our C5 A6 for a few generations now.. Everything is getting bigger

Eh, They weren't selling to well. I can see why Toyota pulled the plug, especially after how well it did the first year. Sales just plummeted. Shame. I quite liked them. Short wheelbase. Decent retro looks. Dat white roof :D

My friend's FJ40 is pretty cool though. 

This is literally the coolest thing ever:

It's like retro Jordans they would sell like hotcakes. More companies need to do this.

This is happening with everything. The new F80 3 is as big as our E39 5.. and Audi A4's have been bigger that our C5 A6 for a few generations now.. Everything is getting bigger

It's been an ongoing trend. Now, our 2010 Corolla is a lot bigger than our 2002 Protege. A 2002 Corolla would have been roughly the same size. Same goes with our minivan. A Honda Odyssey is so big i can bit 2 smart cars in there.

Hideous. And we wonder why Mitsu is doing so bad..

Am I the only one that quite likes this?

don't know how good it is (not in the US), but it looks neat

Fiat is expected to release its version of the current Mitsubishi Triton. That *might* look better (I can't imagine them doing worse).

I heard VW is considering the possibility of selling the Amarok in North America.

I like slightly round trucks. This is pure exasperation. Words cannot describe how ugly it is.

It just looks bad. The interior needs a material upgrade as well.

They certainly ruined it. The older model ones are alright, and in Australia, are so cheap compared to competition, and do exactly the same thing.

Personally I still think a Nissan GU patrol is the best truck. 33's and a 5 inch lift. Unfortunately I think they only came out in South Africa and Australia

Mitsubishis are generally cheaper cars in most markets. I don't think they can afford to charge a lot when they can't even sell enough.

We don't get a cab chassis / ute version of the Patrol. We can only buy it in wagon form.