Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I honestly don't know why fart cannons get so much hate. I like them a lot.

They are just too obnoxious for street use. People hate obnoxious people, and that's the same with cars.

I saw some guy selling a 2007 525i, on http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4841600031.html for 5 grand. But then I realized why it was so cheap. It had some pretty bad damage. And the owner says "easily fixable".

00v0v_lymvIbeHBuR_600x450.jpg

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well it is just my opinion, i like cars stock, maybe with some accesories if they make a big change on driving the car. I don't like big exhausts they just look too tacky imho.

Speaking of which i just found a bmw 316i (the slowpoke one) but i fall in love with it, it is a 1 owner base model (no airbags, no electric windows, cloth seats, black bumpers and hubcaps) but it is in such a good shape and is such a simple car, I would love to buy it and keep it stock.

Snip

Simple cars are underrated. My 02 focus has no power windows, no power locks, no anti-lock brakes, no traction control, no automatic, no nothing. I love it. It really is hard to beat the reliability of simple things.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

There's one of these in this shit country, and you probably know but I'll ask anyways, what is it? :P

4805918613_eb76d0d5a6_z.jpg

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Fortunately I had the chance to hear it :(

DSC_0024.jpg

Fortunately I had the chance to hear it :(

Snip

More proof that just because you can afford a fast car, doesn't mean that you know how to drive it. :(

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

There's one of these in this shit country, and you probably know but I'll ask anyways, what is it? :P

4805918613_eb76d0d5a6_z.jpg

M3 LTW?

System: Thinkpad T460

More proof that just because you can afford a fast car, doesn't mean that you know how to drive it. :(

The owner seemed to know how to drive it. My father asked the owner to really slam the throttle when starting up, that's why I heard it, and he did a really tight corner, almost a 180 degree turn, and he did it pretty well. With a plus. Screaming tires. :D

The owner seemed to know how to drive it. My father asked the owner to really slam the throttle when starting up, that's why I heard it, and he did a really tight corner, almost a 180 degree turn, and he did it pretty well. With a plus. Screaming tires. :D

Being skilled doesn't mean you don't crash. A lot of skilled drivers have crashed more than bad drivers.

But that is sad.

Looks like the driver would been able to walk away from that. How was he?

I honestly don't know why fart cannons get so much hate. I like them a lot.

If you get one with the silencer, it's not bad at all. I had to replace my exhaust from the headers back in the Nissan. I found a cheap 'stainless' cat-back fart can exhaust on ebay, but made sure to get one with a silencer. I drove without the silencer for about 2 days just to see how loud it was...had to put it back in. Definitely louder than stock, but nothing that extreme.

If you get one with the silencer, it's not bad at all. I had to replace my exhaust from the headers back in the Nissan. I found a cheap 'stainless' cat-back fart can exhaust on ebay, but made sure to get one with a silencer. I drove without the silencer for about 2 days just to see how loud it was...had to put it back in. Definitely louder than stock, but nothing that extreme.

Do you think the catback(with silencer) would be worth the extra $40 over the cost of a stock style muffler?

| I7 2600@4.2Ghz | Corsair A70 w/H100 fans | 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz | MSI Z77A G45 Gaming | Corsair TX650 | XFX R9 380 | 2x 120GB Samsung 840 SSD in RAID 0 | 2x Seagate 500GB in RAID 0 | 750GB Seagate | 500GB WDHDD + 500GB WD USB HDD | Sound Blaster Recon | Antec Sonta Case | HP LP2480zx @1920x1200 | Acer H243H @1920x1080 | BenQ EW2440

Being skilled doesn't mean you don't crash. A lot of skilled drivers have crashed more than bad drivers.

But that is sad.

Looks like the driver would been able to walk away from that. How was he?

There were 2 guys I believe. One got hurt on the leg... But other than they were fine.

M3 GT?

Nailed it.

So i stopped at a red light today and.

A wild volvo 740 GL appeared!.

740 GL uses launch!
1,6 VW Golf wagon uses "No fucks given"

It's super effective.

The 740 has fainted.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

All while on what appears to be a public road... :mellow:

So i stopped at a red light today and.

A wild volvo 740 GL appeared!.

740 GL uses launch!

1,6 VW Golf wagon uses "No fucks given"

It's super effective.

The 740 has fainted.

LOL

Don't underestimate. One day a turbo sleeper might burn you  :P

LOL

Don't underestimate. One day a turbo might burn you  :P

They are all driven by cocky 18 year olds with their caps on backwards that think they are the best because they got their licenses. I'm not worried at all xD

Just to clarify. I'm not saying all 18 year olds are idiots.. It's just that the most obnoxious idiots are drawn to volvos like flies to shit

The 740 Tic is good though. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Do you think the catback(with silencer) would be worth the extra $40 over the cost of a stock style muffler?

Eh, I did it because the only stock-style exhausts I could find were OEM parts and quite expensive. As far as performance gains..negligable. If a factory exhaust would have cost me $180, I would have gone that route.

Here's some weekly question material: Do you prefer quick acceleration or high top speed?

Personally I much prefer quick acceleration. You can't legally hit the top speed of 99% cars almost anywhere. Then again, cars with good acceleration usually also have a high top speed but ignore that :P

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Here's some weekly question material: Do you prefer quick acceleration or high top speed?

Personally I much prefer quick acceleration. You can't legally hit the top speed of 99% cars almost anywhere. Then again, cars with good acceleration usually also have a high top speed but ignore that :P

For a daily i like cars that don't accelerate. I want them to advance. A steady climb along the speedo^^ But still pretty quick

For project cars i want that "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!" feeling. Brutal acceleration. Preferably with turbo lag <3

This would be my ideal daily

I'd want a little engine that makes a lot of noise but isn't crazy fast in a car that is responsive as a daily driver. A "little engine that could" mentality.

I'd want a little engine that makes a lot of noise but isn't crazy fast in a car that is responsive as a daily driver. A "little engine that could" mentality.

are you saying you want an MX-5 :P

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

For a daily i like cars that don't accelerate. I want them to advance. A steady climb along the speedo^^ But still pretty quick

For project cars i want that "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!" feeling. Brutal acceleration. Preferably with turbo lag <3

This would be my ideal daily

-vid-

where would you park such a massive car?

osu! profile

where would you park such a massive car?

It should fit somewhere^^ And if i could afford one i could probably afford to pay someone to make some room.

Imagine saying "I'm just going to pop down to the shop to buy some milk". And your friends see this outside

lJwT92K.gif