Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

But its still selling in other markets.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Eh, They weren't selling to well. I can see why Toyota pulled the plug, especially after how well it did the first year. Sales just plummeted. Shame. I quite liked them. Short wheelbase. Decent retro looks. Dat white roof :D

My friend's FJ40 is pretty cool though.

And they sold moderately well. People love them. I see them quite often atleast around here.

System: Thinkpad T460

It's been an ongoing trend. Now, our 2010 Corolla is a lot bigger than our 2002 Protege. A 2002 Corolla would have been roughly the same size. Same goes with our minivan. A Honda Odyssey is so big i can bit 2 smart cars in there.

The current Honda City (Honda's small sedan below the Civic) has the same interior volume as the 96 Honda Legend (their flagship then). How weird is that?

The current Honda City (Honda's small sedan below the Civic) has the same interior volume as the 96 Honda Legend (their flagship then). How weird is that?

That's odd. Even though the car itself on the outside is bigger, the interior is so not bigger. Inside, it feels very cramped. but then, it could be just seats are too high, big, and the windshield slopes too much. Our Protege is designed like a 3 series BMW. It looks small on the outside, but feels very roomy on the inside.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

And they sold moderately well. People love them. I see them quite often atleast around here.

Pretty sure Toyota didnt even intend to sell it here, they just got such positive reviews at a car show that they brought it over (or something like that)

There are quite a few of them in VA. 

In CO it's all Subarus or Volvos

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Pretty sure Toyota didnt even intend to sell it here, they just got such positive reviews at a car show that they brought it over (or something like that)

Here in CA, it's either Subaru STIs or EVOs, even in areas where 4WD isn't necessary.

Here in CA, it's either Subaru STIs or EVOs, even in areas where 4WD isn't necessary.

4WD/AWD is the norm here. I would love to say that all the Subies here are STIs, but they're not (there are a few Stinkeye's, and two or three blobeyes, but nothing else) Mostly  Fourth Gen Legacy Outbacks and XV Crosstreks, with a few Foresters and occasional 2.5RS

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

4WD/AWD is the norm here. I would love to say that all the Subies here are STIs, but they're not (there are a few Stinkeye's, and two or three blobeyes, but nothing else) Mostly  Fourth Gen Legacy Outbacks and XV Crosstreks, with a few Foresters and occasional 2.5RS

Well, of course. It's Colorado. It snows like crazy. I don't live in area where it snows like crazy, in fact, no snow year round.

Here it's Suburbans, Rav4, Highlanders, and mostly sedans. Very few wagons. And there are way more Impreza's than Evo's.

Well, of course. It's Colorado. It snows like crazy. I don't live in area where it snows like crazy, in fact, no snow year round.

and here I am in an RWD BMW :D

Here it's Suburbans, Rav4, Highlanders, and mostly sedans. Very few wagons. And there are way more Impreza's than Evo's.

Well, Suburbans I kinda understand, since gas is getting cheaper, but why so few wagons? I refer to them as estates (as the British do). I like a nice E39 wagon, stick of course.

and here I am in an RWD BMW :D

Drifting + RWD + Snow =EXTRA SUPER HYDRO SNOW DRIFTING FUN.

Well, Suburbans I kinda understand, since gas is getting cheaper, but why so few wagons? I refer to them as estates (as the British do). I like a nice E39 wagon, stick of course.

People don't like the image of a wagon I guess. I love wagons. Corolla'a, Volvos, Subaru's, BMW's...

They would rather have SUV's.

I like a nice E39 wagon, stick of course.

Terry seems to be jumping on the E39 wagon love-train.. @JoaoPRSousa, we have another member :D

I'll try to post some pics of our silver E39 wagon, although the tires are still busted (been too busy to look for new ones)

Our black wagon is at home in VA with my mom.. that is the actual nice one (M-tech front and rear bumper, M5 wheels, lowered, supercharger, m5 mirrors, etc). The silver one is the trooper with 180k almost bone stock bar the aftermarket intake and strut brace. we bought it as a hopeful donor car to recieve a diesel manual I6 from a German E39, but that dream went out the door after we had to pay to fix our Audi

posted this at least 10000 times on this forum, but dream E39 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/14049800@N00/sets/72157631660445878/

Terry seems to be jumping on the E39 wagon love-train.. @JoaoPRSousa, we have another member :D

I'll try to post some pics of our silver E39 wagon, although the tires are still busted (been too busy to look for new ones)

Our black wagon is at home in VA with my mom.. that is the actual nice one (M-tech front and rear bumper, M5 wheels, lowered, supercharger, m5 mirrors, etc). The silver one is the trooper with 180k almost bone stock bar the aftermarket intake and strut brace. we bought it as a hopeful donor car to recieve a diesel manual I6 from a German E39, but that dream went out the door after we had to pay to fix our Audi

posted this at least 10000 times on this forum, but dream E39 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/14049800@N00/sets/72157631660445878/

I seem to like the E39 a lot since I made a drift M5 in SLR:R and it just looks so baller. But I'm a bit worried about the power output. Seems a bit weak for a car like that. Same displacement as my minivan, even has 6 cylinders, but i don't know if i would like that power. i still might consider a mazdaspeed 6 as my first car.

I seem to like the E39 a lot since I made a drift M5 in SLR:R and it just looks so baller. But I'm a bit worried about the power output. Seems a bit weak for a car like that. Same displacement as my minivan, even has 6 cylinders, but i don't know if i would like that power. i still might consider a mazdaspeed 6 as my first car.

I thought you had a Integra??

I thought you had a Integra??

Dad wrecked it on way home from work. Wrote it off. Saving for MS6 now.

I honestly don't give two shits about how much power it makes. It's such a good car to drive.. so much fun. Our N/A wagon is ~200bhp (probably less now). more fun than our almost 410bhp Audi. Our black e39 (the one mom has at home in VA) makes 320bhp with a supercharger. It doesnt make that much of a difference IMO in the way the car feels. Sure, it's faster, but it doesnt feel any better to drive.

Plus, your first car shouldn't be something with an insane amount of power. It should be something reliable and something you can learn to work on, especially if you have a passion for cars. It doesn't have to be anything special.

I honestly don't give two shits about how much power it makes. It's such a good car to drive.. so much fun. Our N/A wagon is ~200hp. more fun than our almost 410hp Audi. Our black e39 (the one mom has at home in VA) makes 320 with a supercharger. It doesnt make that much of a difference IMO in the way the car feels. Sure, it's faster, but it doesnt feel any better to drive.

As long as the steering has feeling, i would like it. i hate numb steering, you can't feel the car.

SUVs are most popular where I am (particularly truck-based ones like the Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Challenger, Chevrolet Trailblazer, Isuzu MU-X, Ford Everest, etc.), followed by sedans and Japanese breadbox vans.

Dad wrecked it on way home from work. Wrote it off. Saving for MS6 now.

I thought it was your friend.. 

As long as the steering has feeling, i would like it. i hate numb steering, you can't feel the car.

It's as fun of a car as I have ever driven.  I really like it. It's not crazy twitchy like my Infiniti, but it's not super heavy either. Nice medium IMO. Our Audi is also really responsive. Too responsive, even. At high speeds it feels almost uncontrollable.

I thought it was your friend.. 

It's as fun of a car as I have ever driven.  I really like it. It's not crazy twitchy like my Infiniti, but it's not super heavy either. Nice medium IMO

Dad's car took a shit, so he took mine. i had the car before i could even drive.

Now i wanna drive one super bad. When the hell did you ever have an Infiniti and never tell us?

Dad's car took a shit, so he took mine. i had the car before i could even drive.

Now i wanna drive one super bad. When the hell did you ever have an Infiniti and never tell us?

... I've always had an Infiniti ..

I'm pretty sure that was known. I've posted about it quite a bit

I don't mind a numb steering wheel as long as it is well weighted and the ratio is fast enough.

If you like feeling the front contact patch, try a Lotus.

... I've always had an Infiniti ..

I'm pretty sure that was known. I've posted about it quite a bit

I don't remember.