Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Roads were relatively clear today... weird...

was able to hit maximum legal speed and maintain it throughout my drive through the highway... haven't done that for a while...

might be the calm before the storm though...

Heading out tomorrow to get that HDD... and them modding my case once I get back...

Edit:

Also spotted a relatively clean Mazda 323... the sister car of the Ford Lynx...

here's a pic of the two: (sorry about the lighting)

7a0575452b.jpg

The lynx on the right is ours...

Edit2:

I really like the form of the 323... It looks sporty...

Skyline video, R32 TAISAN Group N car I think.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Video is rendering and soon to be uploading, should be done in like an hour and a half.

Apologies for being terrible at everything.

Thanks YouTube.

post-1744-0-49789600-1451264178.png

Skyline video, R32 TAISAN Group N car I think.

But

They were both Gr.A IIRC.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

anyone know what the fastest car is for 30 grand?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Built or bought?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Built or bought?

both i guess 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

used ariel atom? lel

I actually dont know if you can get an atom for less than 40K in the US

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

used ariel atom? lel

I actually dont know if you can get an atom for less than 40K in the US

no way in hell are you going to find an ariel atom for less than 40k and remember my other cars it has to be somewhat practical :P

Used LTZ Tahoe with the big motor in it? Those are nice (and can actually take corners faster than anyone on here will give them credit for)

prefer small sporty car. i have ten more years before i have to drive a giant truck full of kids xD

Fold the seats down and you could put your crosley in it :P

lol but ya i would rather get something small and sporty with a trunk though

Today some guy was showing off a 2008 Maserati Quattroporte at some restaurant my mom likes... is it just me or is the interior REALLY outdated for a luxury sedan in 2008? My Honda Civic of the same year has a nicer looking dash then that -_-

12449404_10206894440031575_519027319_o.j

(stock photo, but the guy's looked pretty much the same)

"Rawr XD"

Im with you... even a current gen Quattroporte S looks behind in time a few years, like this should of been the 08 model lol... Maserati really isnt what everyone thinks... They look great on the outside but are a bit lacking on the inside for what is supposed to be a very creature-comfort oriented car

maserati-quattroporte-s-interiors.jpg

That being said, I still love the look of the Gran Turismo both the cabriolet and coupe versions.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

no way in hell are you going to find an ariel atom for less than 40k and remember my other cars it has to be somewhat practical :P

bmw 2002? (with some mods, it will make a sporty little beast!)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

both i guess 

I'd say a 2002 - 2004 WRX and upgrade that baby

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Head gastket issues though. Also I'm not sure that its his style? I love em, but I'm not sure Maybach's in love with em.

It's the best price to performance car I can think of with that type of budget :D

I absolutely love them too

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Thought I'd drop in here ang get some suggestions advice and opinions on driving in snow/icy conditions.

Ski/snowboard season is here, but I don't have immediate access to the truck I usually drive (Titan 4x4), long story short, its being used by another family member who is towing some loads.

That leaves me with either driving with an Frontier RWD (manual tranny) or my Mazda 3 sedan (FWD). Thoughts?

Never driven manual in snow/icy conditions, makes me a bit nervous, but it is the car with the better all terrain tires of my two options.

So it comes down to FWD or RWD? 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

30K sheesh what's he's gonna do have gold radiators and buckets? Now I'm interested.

Giant turbo, build the engine and trans, front mount intercooler, all of the things.

If I had 30K to spend I'd definitely go WRX

Thought I'd drop in here ang get some suggestions advice and opinions on driving in snow/icy conditions.

Ski/snowboard season is here, but I don't have immediate access to the truck I usually drive (Titan 4x4), long story short, its being used by another family member who is towing some loads.

That leaves me with either driving with an Frontier RWD (manual tranny) or my Mazda 3 sedan (FWD). Thoughts?

Never driven manual in snow/icy conditions, makes me a bit nervous, but it is the car with the better all terrain tires of my two options.

I would go with the Mazda 3. An RWD truck isn't the greatest on snowy conditions unless the bed is loaded a bit.

Some tips and tricks when it comes to snow/ice driving. If your front tires are starting to slip in a hill, don't brake, and don't overcorrect. Just let off the throttle and the car should settle itself.

And for goodness sake. Keep a good distance from the car in front of you. If you have the chance, roll into an empty parking lot, drive up to 30 mph/50 kph and brake hard. That will show you how much harder it is to stop a car on such road conditions.

I'd say RWD, for obvious hoonage. Also that frontier more than likely has more torque, which can help you get out of some sticky situations when it comes to snow