Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Here's my epic failure at recreating an autocross course in Assetto Corsa.

4:58 is my best run IRL:

And then the proof of concept:

I hope someone takes this idea and runs with it lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

To those of you who remember this UP!. Well it was apparently tuned prior to putting on stickers and the wheels.

120 hp, 250 Nm at the wheels. That's quite something if you ask me. It's probably not long until they change out the suspension and everything else about it as well.

2 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

1 liter, 3 cylinder, petrol (no diesels available). VW says that the car produces 160 Nm from factory.

VW revealed the Up GTI the other day, which has 113 hp and 200 Nm on paper.

Really hope there is a tune available for the GTI that gets it to those numbers later. Really want one. 

Would be a really great daily

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

10 rough starts

At EDPS 2017 - Sweden

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

From the same event. The gas pedal got stuck

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Here's my epic failure at recreating an autocross course in Assetto Corsa.

And then the proof of concept:

I hope someone takes this idea and runs with it lol

Doesnt seem very realistic, can you add a feature where you have to stand arond for a few hours before you get to run.

Time to start getting pumped up to watch racing on sunday! 

Personally, im making breakfast and watching F1, then grilling and watching Alonso kiss the bricks in the afternoon. 

2almfk7qq1zy.jpg

1 hour ago, techswede said:

Really hope there is a tune available for the GTI that gets it to those numbers later. Really want one. 

Would be a really great daily

Probably will happen quite quickly after its release.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

6 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Probably will happen quite quickly after its release.

In fact I bet the numbers reached will be much higher than what you can get with the normal Up!

its like the polo gti all over again lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, techswede said:

10 rough starts

At EDPS 2017 - Sweden

I do like the A4 B5 at the start.:D Also love how the commentator says to the final guy, 'ja ta det lungt nu'. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Muscle car monday

15 minutes ago, techswede said:

Muscle car monday

eh??Untitled.png.ba41aa34ceefb678916edeea1b40867d.png

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Waiting for him to email me about payment but looks like I'm gonna secure that ecu I want in the UK for about £145/$190 shipped. 

And the wait for shipping is only 5-7 days lol. I get stuff from the West coast sometimes that takes longer than that

Spoiler

RIP Nicky Hayden

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

In fact I bet the numbers reached will be much higher than what you can get with the normal Up!

its like the polo gti all over again lol

More than likely

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

RIP Nicky Hayden

Fuck... RIP :(

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

My only regret was not being able to post inB4 lock and or removal of the thread with the guy offering fake passports on the forum lol.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

3 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

My only regret was not being able to post inB4 lock and or removal of the thread with the guy offering fake passports on the forum lol.

What o_O

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

What o_O

Yeah some guy was offering to make fake/real passports for people on here. Lol

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Yeah some guy was offering to make fake/real passports for people on here. Lol

:( I missed that? Need the fake I.D y0.