Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

27 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Paging @Maybach123

I cant believe they managed to sell all 1000 of the Goodwood inspired Minis. I get that they were designed by Rolls Royce but way too expensive for a Mini Cooper. That said I am interested enough to see the review. I have also never heard of these guys are they good?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 hours ago, vetali said:

Ahh... And that looks a lot like DOJ with Jeff Favignano style video, which I prefer his more tbh.

2 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Then its not rape.

Well yeah.. that's what the joke was about.

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Pretty sure there was a joke in there somewhere. 

Somewhere, apparently it's pretty hidden though.

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Wait until the EcoBoost blows

Blows all night.. no wait, it sucks not blows. Darn turbos.

55 minutes ago, vetali said:

Made the choice to drive my car today. Had one dipshit try to merge in into traffic from a double yellow median into me. Fuck you thread ju-ju. 

I just had some guy pull riiiiiight up to me while I was backing out of a spot in a parking lot so I just stared at him until he decided to back up so I can actually turn and move out of the way. Fucking morons and their Mercs, every one of them.

7 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

I cant believe they managed to sell all 1000 of the Goodwood inspired Minis. I get that they were designed by Rolls Royce but way too expensive for a Mini Cooper. That said I am interested enough to see the review. I have also never heard of these guys are they good?

They're really small, free-lance type. I met jacob last year on a few shoots and he's a pretty passionate videographer. Mostly started out doing quick shorts of cars at various shows, then transitioned to covering events. Shot the shit a few times because we both shoot sony.

You may know them for such works as:

And this infamous clip:

This is Jacob's personal car:

Most recently they've been getting a lot of manufacturer press drives:

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Remember to buy real Bull balls for your truck to hang them off the rear hitch, and there must be atleast one good sized dent in the truck. Truck bed is the best!

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Shot the shit a few times because we both shoot sony.

I hope Sony is okay..

Going back through the album, one of my favourite shots:

Sanderson under constant pressure from both Mark Motors cars, lap after lap. Constantly riding the curb at T3 and lifting a wheel.

nablfkhvs79yrrpcp19a.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I hope Sony is okay..

One does not simply damage Nippon steel

Folding@Home | BOINC

Dont forget the bull horns for the front of the hood.

Blows all night.. no wait, it sucks not blows. Darn turbos.

Depends on which end you are at.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I just had some guy pull riiiiiight up to me while I was backing out of a spot in a parking lot so I just stared at him until he decided to back up so I can actually turn and move out of the way. Fucking morons and their Mercs, every one of them.

This guy was in a hooptie dakota. Dude started merging and I honked and he almost over-corrected into oncoming, and proceeded to flip me off. If he woulda hit me I was in prime position to PIT him off the road to where EMS would be picking his teeth out of trees. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Faded badges whether its the Ford, Chevy or Dodge badge. Those are the real mans truck.

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Good for committing sudoku.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

Dont forget the bull horns for the front of the hood.

I want an air horn so bad..

Just now, vetali said:

Depends on which end you are at.

This guy was in a hooptie dakota. Dude started merging and I honked and he almost over-corrected into oncoming, and proceeded to flip me off. If he woulda hit me I was in prime position to PIT him off the road to where EMS would be picking his teeth out of trees. 

Back, so I guess blowing.

I hate dumb people. Drivers here are better than El Paso but still a bit dumb. Not a high bar to hurdle so I don't understand what the problem is with being a competent driver.

I want an air horn so bad

Then buy one, be sure it spits out a very high dB level to piss off all the stupid fucking idiot drivers out there.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Hey man there are children here.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

Then buy one, be sure it spits out a very high dB level to piss off all the stupid fucking idiot drivers out there.

But I don't want to deal with mounting an air compressor and tank and dealing with lines and shit like that. Effort man.

Just now, yathis said:

Hey man there are children here.

I can act how I want around my mental peers..

I can act how I want around my mental peers..

OK but I did not like it.

I hate dumb people. Drivers here are better than El Paso but still a bit dumb. Not a high bar to hurdle so I don't understand what the problem is with being a competent driver.

Its getting bad here in the past 5 years. Bad cali drivers migrating up here and taking metaphorical shits on the road. My hope is that there is an economic collapse and they all go back into their holes that they came from. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

7 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Ah glorious Nippon steel. Nothing rusts like it

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Good for committing sudoku.

c65.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Its all the immigrants the government is letting in.

You realize in India, all you need to do is start the car and put it in gear and go 10' and you got a license.

Plus there is no aging mandatory retesting.

Just now, yathis said:

OK but I did not like it.

Great, I appreciate your feedback, I'll use it to further my dumbass replies. <3

Just now, vetali said:

Its getting bad here in the past 5 years. Bad cali drivers migrating up here and taking metaphorical shits on the road. My hope is that there is an economic collapse and they all go back into their holes that they came from. 

The  hope is that when California falls in to the ocean it takes most of the residents in with it (sorry @terrytek, you're guilty by association).

Just now, techswede said:

Ah glorious Nippon steel. Nothing rusts like it

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss, there's a comic for it!

Great

Maybe the other Off Topic section would "like" those comments.

The  hope is that when California falls in to the ocean it takes most of the residents in with it (sorry @terrytek, you're guilty by association).

Hopefully after the economic collapse. 

There are a few. That one is just the best one xD 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yet you still want and love and adore that 2.3L engine

yeah, that's the ironic part. its a weak design, but i like it, and it sounds good

9 minutes ago, yathis said:

Faded badges whether its the Ford, Chevy or Dodge badge. Those are the real mans truck.

well then i ain't no real man, since i rever toyota trucks more than those 3.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Great, I appreciate your feedback, I'll use it to further my dumbass replies. <3

that's fine. i'd rather die off than live with shitty california drivers with their mercs and bimmers and whatnot just cutting normal corolla drivers like me off the fucking road.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D