Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Might put it in the center console and make it removable, that way I can put in a different wireless charger that way if I stray away from Samsung phones it can still be nicely done

i wonder if you can use the samsung charging pad on other phones, since i think they might use the same tech as samsung.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

just have a little thing thats connected to a wire with a cigarette lighter plug.

I'd try to find a way to hide the wiring, to make it look factory

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

15 minutes ago, terrytek said:

not as of now. i'm planning for the future :D 

ah, haven't seen you for a while. how's the audi treating you?

Pretty good, sorted out most of its issues. Although its getting a new clutch this month and front speakers since the right one blew recently (the left one has been rattling since I bought it) Also putting in facelift fogs + HID

Since I last posted it have done a bunch of little things to it. Clear corner mod, clear side makers, facelift tailights, reverse LED's, and an OEM RS4 grille I found on a wrecked car for super cheap. New they are expensive af. Those reverse LED's are insanely bright also. New tires too since I last posted I think. Dunlop Direzza DZ102's.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Is there one in the center console? there was one in our Accord

I'm actually not too sure, I know there's one under the radio, maybe I could hide the wiring under the trim? I'll have to ask my friend James that used to have a Prelude

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i wonder if you can use the samsung charging pad on other phones, since i think they might use the same tech as samsung.

I'm not sure really. I'd hope so

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

What you can do is just run the 12v leads under the carpet, up under the dash and solder them to the leads going into the existing socket.

Would I still be able to use the existing socket for other things?

I've been wanting led reverse bulbs forever. Just that they're $30 for two of em. :dry:

They are pretty cool. Although when I go into reverse now the radio goes static lol. Must be some interference with the bulbs.

bright

IMG_20160519_210612.jpg

IMG_20160519_210554.jpg

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Yup. Just don't plug your 240 watt gaming laptop into it. Remember that you're plugging a phone into it so its not gonna light fires. the recepticles are good for a minimum of 120 watts so you've got plenty of headroom. Easy way to check is look at what the fuse for cig lighter is rated for cause thats what you're tapping into.

Makes sense. Thanks man!

7 minutes ago, Mattr567 said:

They are pretty cool. Although when I go into reverse now the radio goes static lol. Must be some interference with the bulbs.

bright

IMG_20160519_210612.jpg

IMG_20160519_210554.jpg

jesus fuck that's bright

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

38 minutes ago, Mattr567 said:

Love my Audi B5. Can't wait to go APR Stage 1!

oQkIjwj.jpg

rpyiTS7.jpg

For those of us not up to date on "stage" lingo for every aftermarket company for every car out there... What's stage 1?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

2 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

For those of us not up to date on "stage" lingo for every aftermarket company for every car out there... What's stage 1?

Stickers :D

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Stickers :D

Damn, was gonna reply "an illest sticker". lol

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Anyone know if I'd be able to use any wireless charger I liked for my S7?

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

Damn, was gonna reply "an illest sticker". lol

:P

I actually wanted to put a fog or driving light under my rear bumper and have it come on via relay off the backup lights.  haha.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

16 minutes ago, terrytek said:

jesus fuck that's bright

ikr. Its pretty insane. That's not the brightest model either I think lol. Got them for cheap through a friend of mine.

13 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

For APR for Audi B5 A4's its an ECU software upgrade. With a aftermarket exhaust its a 50-60HP gain and 74-82 torque gain, depending on engine model/code 1.8T wise. There really isn't anything for the 2.8 V6, those cars are only good for 4.2 swaps :o That's pretty good jump coming from a stock figure of 150HP/162 Torque.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

So what happens when you upgrade your intake manifold and throttle body side? Will it just make more power without tuning at all? Or will it just cause something else with the stock sized exhaust? I wouldn't upgrade those parts until the exhaust is fully upgraded still for sound reasons

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Throttle response goes up. You also might get some intake noise (which I love)

I've always heard that with tuning, you'll gain HP and torque, true? Or just throttle response?

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You need a tune for that but yeah. Though if you're gonna go to the trouble of getting a tune, wait till you've got the exhaust too. Then you'll see moar gains. 

I'm doing some research right now trying to find the best exhaust system for power, that isn't going to have my mom and girlfriend wanting to kill me for the noise

I'm thinking about maybe a catback like this, a test pipe, and then maybe some nice 4-2-1 Headers?

Get a header and talk to the guy at the muffler shop. 

I was thinking about going in with a header, and a nice muffler, maybe find something from magnaflow? 

23 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Maybe. Just keep the cat and resonater. I'd not go any larger than + 0.5" diameter as well. When I have the exhaust done on the s10 I'll be doing jba headers, 3" pipe, high flow cat and magnaflow muffler

I was thinking de-catting for the extra little power and it being cheaper. Maybe not though, don't want to be obnoxiously loud. I'm looking at a Vibrant 4-2-1 header, 2.5" piping, highflow cat, and either a magnaflow or obx twin loop muffler. Along with doing a full intake system as it already has the piping and filter done, just to do the throttle body and the intake manifold. But for power mods that's the most I would do while it would be my daily driver

The mugen twin loop does have a pretty good sound.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

2 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

The mugen twin loop does have a pretty good sound.

I absolutely love it

So i'm a huge bike nut, ridden dirtbikes my whole life and work on them as well, a few pics.

Lot's of pics below.

Spoiler

3002.jpg

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Keep the cat. It'll help a lot with keeping the noise down. I mean look what happened to the Smurfstang when he got high flow cats and headers. He has a louder muffler on it too but he had that before a full exhaust and look what happened and the cat really doesn't to anything to hurt performance so you should just leave it in or upgrade it. 

Would a high flow cat be a good medium? Not too loud, but not too quiet, and still cleans well.