Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

No like legit flames, set that thing on fire. :lol:

lmao. but seriously, i've wanted my dad to buy us a 4wd CX-5 to replace this rolling shell of junk. it's smaller, so more fuel efficient, and it has more features, like navi, dual zone climate control, leather, etc. Sure, i might miss that minivan since it's been in the family for 15 years, but i think it's time to replace it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

lmao. but seriously, i've wanted my dad to buy us a 4wd CX-5 to replace this rolling shell of junk. it's smaller, so more fuel efficient, and it has more features, like navi, dual zone climate control, leather, etc. Sure, i might miss that minivan since it's been in the family for 15 years, but i think it's time to replace it.

I say you get a lift on it, portal axles, boggers, and take it to the dunes in Cali and make it eat shit. :lol:

I say you get a lift on it, portal axles, boggers, and take it to the dunes in Cali and make it eat shit. :lol:

Aleays liked these:

Mitsubishi+Delica+Camper+Van+4WD.jpg

System: Thinkpad T460

lmao i need to get a corvette ls1 then, this 170hp v6 ain't gonna cut it :lol:

it can barely hit 60 on the freeway, let alone on the dunes interesting project though

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

lmao i need to get a corvette ls1 then, this 170hp v6 ain't gonna cut it :lol:

it can barely hit 60 on the freeway, let alone on the dunes interesting project though

Yeah, imagine having 35s on that thing.. Might take an hour to get it rolling, a day to stop.

Aleays liked these:

I'll stick with my lovely center of gravity. :P

dsc00006.jpg

Yeah, imagine having 35s on that thing.. Might take an hour to get it rolling, a day to stop.

I'll stick with my lovely center of gravity. :P

dsc00006.jpg

yoooo the brakes are terrible on this car, disc/drum setup ain't cutting it for a 2 ton minivan. from 60, it takes like 500 feet to stop. if there was a brembo BBK for this minivan, i would go for it.

yoooo the brakes are terrible on this car, disc/drum setup ain't cutting it for a 2 ton minivan. from 60, it takes like 500 feet to stop. if there was a brembo BBK for this minivan, i would go for it.

I'm honestly so surprised at how the brakes on my truck do. Even with having about a thousand pounds in the bed it stops relatively quickly from 60 if I have to slam on it because the stupid fucking broken lights turned red too quickly. -__-

Shoves you forward but meh.

I'm honestly so surprised at how the brakes on my truck do. Even with having about a thousand pounds in the bed it stops relatively quickly from 60 if I have to slam on it because the stupid fucking broken lights turned red too quickly. -__-

Shoves you forward but meh.

so far the only car with 4 wheel discs in our household is our protege. and that got smashed pretty bad.

so far the only car with 4 wheel discs in our household is our protege. and that got smashed pretty bad.

Disks are a must.. Drums are so squishy.

oh yeah, speaking of the protege, quick insurance update. so AAA (our insurance) wrote a letter to Allstate (other dude's [dude who hit us] insurance) saying that my dad was wrongfully liable for his damages and that they could settle this in a small claims court if they wanted. So really, this could go either way.

our corolla has rear drums, but it actually feels like 4 wheel discs, surprisingly. don't understand why our van has the same setup but feels like you'll crash cause you can't stop in time

oh yeah, speaking of the protege, quick insurance update. so AAA (our insurance) wrote a letter to Allstate (other dude's [dude who hit us] insurance) saying that my dad was wrongfully liable for his damages and that they could settle this in a small claims court if they wanted. So really, this could go either way.

I say you hire a hitman. :ph34r:

our corolla has rear drums, but it actually feels like 4 wheel discs, surprisingly. don't understand why our van has the same setup but feels like you'll crash cause you can't stop in time

It's somewhat okay for lighter vehicles. But anything that's got some weight NEEDS disks. They're just so much better.

I say you hire a hitman. :ph34r:

It's somewhat okay for lighter vehicles. But anything that's got some weight NEEDS disks. They're just so much better.

Come to think of it, i don't think the ES trim (the highest trim) comes with 4 wheel discs either. :/ i think it's really time for an upgrade. in summer, this minivan is hell without rear HVAC since the system is pretty weak and it doesn't really blow cold air

Disagree. Drums are fine. Had them on an old mack truck (real truck), not dissimilar to the one below, and that was basically the only thing that wasn't wrong with it. Sure, disks are better, not a must.

post-42897-0-93274700-1436513753.jpg

I also run them in the rear of my ute and never had a problem, even when carrying about a ton on the tray. Plus upgrading to disks is so fuckin expensive.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Disagree. Drums are fine. Had them on an old mack truck (real truck), not dissimilar to the one below, and that was basically the only thing that wasn't wrong with it. Sure, disks are better, not a must.

I also run them in the rear of my ute and never had a problem, even when carrying about a ton on the tray. Plus upgrading to disks is so fuckin expensive.

I still think they're really squishy for what they do. Things should just come with disks from the factory anyways.. :P

Well it was the choice between driving the already embarrassing minivan with just bare rims or at least try to make them look "legit" with steel covers. it's just chromed plastic covers :/ better than the flat plastic covers it came stock with.

Just run it with stockies. No covers at all. Do some weight reduction xD. Extra 20kw at the wheels for sure.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I still think they're really squishy for what they do. Things should just come with disks from the factory anyways.. :P

True, if you actually want to stop quickly drums make it, lets say interesting...

I would rather have people look at me and think young and reckless in a prelude or anything else than in a Mustang or a 240sx. Especially a 240sx since cops know to look out for them. I couldn't deal with the negative attention. It's also hard to find a decent one for a decent price. If you buy one for cheap your just buying someone else's headache. I really wanted one s13 hatch but I decided against when there were no cars for sale that I could find to be decent deals.

I'm really leaning towards teh 240SX. It's a good, cheap car, and I can take it sideways stock. Because RWD. Yeah it's slower than the Prelude, but it's a lot more fun also IMO

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Dude just get what you like.

Reason I'm asking is if it's worth the money from a mechanical  stand-point. That's why this comes up from me. Yeah I know how a lot of these cars perform. But I don't know much about them mechanically

I'm of course going to go with what I want. But if it has mechanical flaws to the point that I'm better going with something else I'll look at that other option.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

JayZTwoCents talking about his 350Z: "It's not a fast car, it was 11 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it can get up and go though"

Looks into 2004 350Z: 0-60:5.2 Seconds.

I dunno. That's extremely fast. 

I have a pretty shitty story that happened to me today (it's about a car, and therefore relevant!!!)

So, a friend of mine rolled his jetta a while back, and I helped him find this beast turbo NA miata from 1993, which is really a sweet car. (~190hp @ 9lb boost). I'm house-sitting for him this summer, and he has given me permission to drive it as I will, since I was literally the only reason he found the thing (I wanted him to check on forums, and he was reluctant to). Anyway, I went for a drive today, I picked my girlfriend up, to have a nice drive in a convertible, and the damn wheel came off the car at about 40mph. Now, this car had just been picked up from the shop about two weeks ago, so everything should have been in fine order for driving, but apparently not. The rear driver's side wheel came flying off, and later hit an oncoming car (no huge deal, everyone was fine, and the only issue with the other car was that the bumper got a bit messed, but it's a pretty cheap fix, as far as those kinds of things go). Anyway, wtf!? I got the car back on its wheel, harvesting a lug nut from each of the other wheels, and I'm having a conversation with the shop owner tomorrow, because that SHOULD NOT have happened. Anyway, the miata is totally fine (surprisingly) the rear disc shroud-thing seems to have taken the brunt of the damage, so it's totally driveable, I'm just pissed that the shop didn't put the wheels on right... :( anyway, I'm not driving that car any time soon... Which sucks, because it's really a great little car. Also, fortunately the wheel that came off was fine, because it has real BBS wheels on it that are worth 1 or 2 thousand bucks... 0_o

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

JayZTwoCents talking about his 350Z: "It's not a fast car, it was 11 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it can get up and go though"

Looks into 2004 350Z: 0-60:5.2 Seconds.

I dunno. That's extremely fast. 

Jay drives a 350Z?

post-80803-0-09941200-1436525671.jpg

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Jay drives a 350Z?

attachicon.gifi-m-out-stewie.jpg

Yeah. He wanted one for a long time. So he finally got one. It's a nice car. But he got the auto, so, for a car like that, Meh.

https://instagram.com/p/4xh0pAALRA/?taken-by=jayztwocents