Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I'd assume strange, doesn't match the styling of them.

idk maybe some mustang fanatic could pull it off with wide fenders, lowered 2 inches, maybe he could pull it off.

A convertible?

even those are rare, especially the new edge.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Imo the Cobra's front bumper doesn't go well with the wheels, or wheels with the bumper. I dunno. Seems strange having something so bulbous and then spindly wheels.

I don't mind it.

Those headlights are beautiful though without the reflectors and the black housings + the color coded mirrors

System: Thinkpad T460

I don't mind it.

Those headlights are beautiful though without the reflectors and the black housings.

Looks strange to me, just because I'm so used to the stock headlights. (albiet I'm used to super fogged ones that are completely illegal by now I bet)

I wonder what TE37s look like on a New Edge mustang :P

well it looked pretty impossible to fit 18 inch TRD black 5 spoke rims with zero camber in the wheel arches.

I'd assume strange, doesn't match the styling of them.

My fav rims for the Fox Body/ New Edge's are the Cobra R's

black-1995-cobra-r-wheels-94-98-2.jpg

My fav rims for the Fox Body/ New Edge's are the Cobra R's

seriously need to VIN check the Cobra R outside to see if it's a real one or a fucked up kit on a regular Mustang.

Only if we had them in the states. Or do we?

Pretty sure that you guys never got the 320 E46. Which is sad, because it has a decent amount of power (170hp), and it's one of the entry-model's for BMW that came with the I6 engine.

Pretty sure that you guys never got the 320 E46. Which is sad, because it has a decent amount of power (170hp), and it's one of the entry-model's for BMW that came with the I6 engine.

I think the 325i was the base model for us. Still had that straight 6.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@ Californians: is it legal to have different colored headlights? Because i saw this 2015 STi with yellow headlights on the freeway and my dad told me that they aren't legal. Is he right?

@ Californians: is it legal to have different colored headlights? Because i saw this 2015 STi with yellow headlights on the freeway and my dad told me that they aren't legal. Is he right?

AFAIK so long as they're the correct brightness it's okay if they're between the yellow or blue range.

Nothing against it here:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=veh&group=24001-25000&file=24400-24411

Forgestar CF5's....

bluesvtstang2.jpg

Would look soooo beautiful on a black new edge... 

Forgestar CF5's....

Would look soooo beautiful on a black new edge... 

Oh I like those. :o

They remind me almost of the Mach 1 wheels. Almost.

IDK about the law but I'd assume you'd get pulled over a lot. 

really the best looking rims are the 5-7 spoke rims, like the STR 607/TE37/ SSR Professor, that sort of thing. Anything more than 20 gets kinda boring and especially difficult to clean. That's why i wanna swap out the rims off the MS6. It's just high maintenance and doesn't exactly look good.

yeah, assuming the cops don't mind pulling over the same guy over and over

I'm not sure, it depends on what kind of yellow they are. These they might if the tint radically changes the color:

06-sti-gt-yellow-headlight.jpg

really the best looking rims are the 5-7 spoke rims, like the STR 607/TE37/ SSR Professor, that sort of thing. Anything more than 20 gets kinda boring and especially difficult to clean. That's why i wanna swap out the rims off the MS6. It's just high maintenance and doesn't exactly look good.

God, don't get me started on cleaning.. I already hate the Helos on my mom's Mustang from the "brake dust."

helo-he874-dark-silver-machined-face.jpg

Oh I like those. :o

They remind me almost of the Mach 1 wheels. Almost.

I love how they are subtle but look mean.

They do look very OEM.

God, don't get me started on cleaning.. I already hate the Helos on my mom's Mustang from the "brake dust."

You think that's hard? Try cleaning my minivan's steel wheels with the covers. You can't clean shit off of there.

wait, your mother also drives a mustang? like mother, like son :P

You think that's hard? Try cleaning my minivan's steel wheels with the covers. You can't clean shit off of there.

wait, your mother also drives a mustang? like mother, like son :P

Covers are the worst. And yeah she does. :P I fucking love that car, except for the headaches it's developed from my dad driving it.

Covers are the worst. And yeah she does. :P I fucking love that car, except for the headaches it's developed from my dad driving it.

Well it was the choice between driving the already embarrassing minivan with just bare rims or at least try to make them look "legit" with steel covers. it's just chromed plastic covers :/ better than the flat plastic covers it came stock with.

Well it was the choice between driving the already embarrassing minivan with just bare rims or at least try to make them look "legit" with steel covers. it's just chromed plastic covers :/ better than the flat plastic covers it came stock with.

You know how to make a minivan less embarrassing? Flames.

Aftermarket wheel covers almost always look worse than oem...

Just what I've seen from experience

You know how to make a minivan less embarrassing? Flames.

Guaranteed to add an extra 6HP per sticker ;)

I think the 325i was the base model for us. Still had that straight 6.

Yeah, but with it being a 325 means that it would be more expensive than the 320, and it being cheaper generally means more cars of that model being sold. Where I'm from the 320 is a lot more plentiful, outsold all other models 2:1, more or less.