Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Are you talking about the brand in general? Or this product line? https://www.airliftperformance.com/product-lines/performance-air-suspension/ because this seems very convincing.

You would be better off with good handling coilovers. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

No love for the Tubdra huh?

Nah, that's just a bubble truck that breaks down. :ph34r:

You would be better off with good handling coilovers. 

I don't know. i wanna combine looks and performance. plus, i don't think this car's gonna see a track in its life.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i feel like i'm the only one who would gladly take a japanese truck over an american truck.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't know. i wanna combine looks and performance. plus, i don't think this car's gonna see a track in its life.

If you want to stance, stancing is a dumb fad that will die off like neon underglow and park bench spoilers. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

If you want to stance, stancing is a dumb fad that will die off like neon underglow and park bench spoilers. 

Stancing isn't dumb. I think of it as a lifestyle.

i feel like i'm the only one who would gladly take a japanese truck over an american truck.

You're not.

Stancing defeats the purpose of a car..

You're not.

on this community here. but who else?

Stancing defeats the purpose of a car..

no it doesn't.

on this community here. but who else?

no it doesn't.

I think Trik might prefer a non-American truck. And yes, stancing does defeat the purpose of a car. It's meant to be a safe and regulated mode of transportation that won't kill you. Stancing is the opposite of that.

I think Trik might prefer a non-American truck. And yes, stancing does defeat the purpose of a car. It's meant to be a safe and regulated mode of transportation that won't kill you. Stancing is the opposite of that.

Stancing a car doesn't mean it's trying to kill you.

i feel like i shouldn't be in this community if i can't express my love for stanced cars. every time i mention stanced cars, everybody bashes me. i don't feel loved

Anyone know where I can find a 03-04 Cobra IRS kit or specs for creation?

Stancing a car doesn't mean it's trying to kill you.

Well the suspension is there to soak up the road bumps so the car is stable. Most stanced cars don't exactly do that well. It's obviously possible to do it, most people just cheap out on how they do it and just slam cars and add camber without thinking about what they're doing. Stancing itself isn't "bad," it's how it's most commonly done that is.

i feel like i shouldn't be in this community if i can't express my love for stanced cars. every time i mention stanced cars, everybody bashes me. i don't feel loved

Dude I like Mustangs and trucks in a community that's mostly European or Japanese in taste. xD

OK, but this is a bit too extreme. I was thinking max, 5 degrees camber. That looks like 8-9. And maybe a 3 inch drop.

Anyone know where I can find a 03-04 Cobra IRS kit or specs for creation?

Well the suspension is there to soak up the road bumps so the car is stable. Most stanced cars don't exactly do that well. It's obviously possible to do it, most people just cheap out on how they do it and just slam cars and add camber without thinking about what they're doing. Stancing itself isn't "bad," it's how it's most commonly done that is.

Dude I like Mustangs and trucks in a community that's mostly European or Japanese in taste. xD

Exactly. There are some people out there that do the job right and end up with a car that still ends up safe but still looks cool.

But they don't hate those as much as they hate stanced cars. It's different.

Also know that some places that require safety inspections are starting to fail cars with unsafe camber. 

Anyway, as far as 1/4 ton trucks go I stick to chevy. The newer SBC are reliable and super easy to work on. See too many fords in the shop and I hate working on them. Not a fan of the 5.7 dodges. 1/2 and 3/4 ton I stick with chevy or dodge. Duramax and Cummins are solid. Not a fan of powerstrokes post 7.3. 

Also know that some places that require safety inspections are starting to fail cars with unsafe camber. 

Anyway, as far as 1/4 ton trucks go I stick to chevy. The newer SBC are reliable and super easy to work on. See too many fords in the shop and I hate working on them. Not a fan of the 5.7 dodges. 1/2 and 3/4 ton I stick with chevy or dodge. Duramax and Cummins are solid. Not a fan of powerstrokes post 7.3. 

What about Tundras?

What about Tundras?

Towing serious loads with a Tundra?

lol

had to

What about Tundras?

Don't like them. Big noise makers that can't do much work. Tacoma is good, especially first gen non prerunner. But I'd rather have a S10 for a mini truck. Much cheaper and they can haul some things. 

2016 Tundra with a 5.0 cummins FTW

System: Thinkpad T460

Don't like them. Big noise makers that can't do much work. Tacoma is good, especially first gen non prerunner. But I'd rather have a S10 for a mini truck. Much cheaper and they can haul some things.

It seems to me Toyota trucks by far hold the most value. There's a reason though.

OK, but this is a bit too extreme. I was thinking max, 5 degrees camber. That looks like 8-9. And maybe a 3 inch drop.

3" sounds like a little but it's a lot...

@terrytek Which would you prefer, the gold/bronze-ish TSW Nurburgrings or the black ones? Reddish orange car color.

It seems to me Toyota trucks by far hold the most value. There's a reason though.

Toyota tax, really. They are solid platforms. I have no doubts about their engines. Transmissions while hauling I've heard some mixed things. Overheating and hunting gears. I just assume Tundras are mall crawlers. 

Toyota tax, really. They are solid platforms. I have no doubts about their engines. Transmissions while hauling I've heard some mixed things. Overheating and hunting gears. I just assume Tundras are mall crawlers.

Haven't heard if Toyota Tax before :P

I see more F150's as mall crawlers and drive arounds. Tundra's aren't particularly frugal on fuel. But it's the common view on trucks that American trucks are real work trucks and Jap trucks are weak sauce.